Third Shot

Still My Tutor

 

You grew restless at the stares. You shifted uncomfortably in your seat. You sipped on your coke nervously. You were at the Mc Donald restaurant with five other guys. They were Daehyun's only friends beside you, of course. You met them when Daehyun decided to introduce you to them almost two months ago. They were quite the attention in the restaurant because all of them shared the same hair colour. Blonde. You felt awkward to be the only girl to sit with them.

 

"You alright?" A deep voice asked you which made you jumped a little in your seat.

 

You brought your eyes to meet the owner of the deep voice. Your mind went back the day Daehyun introduced you to his friends. This guy was the oldest one among them. He was only a year older than you and was an underground rapper. You and Daehyun once went to watch him performed before and you really need to admit that he was a great rapper. He might look like the bad boy type but you knew he was not. You blinked nervously at him and nodded. "Ye-Yes," you replied with a stutter. And there went his gorgeous gummy smile. Yongguk.

 

"Gosh, she's so cute!" Another voice exclaimed loudly and your eyes shifted to his direction. The boy had a pale and flawless skin. His double eyelids made his pretty face even prettier. Ulzzang was the right word to describe him. You could not help but to wonder how a boy could possibly be so pretty. You noticed that he was the mood maker among his friends. He was just too talkative and friendly. Himchan.

 

"~~~~~ noona is cute!" Another voice cooed after the first one. Your eyes landed on the youngest boy out of the five. His hair was curled. Like noodles. Like ramen. He was smiling so bright that the dimple on his cheek appeared but his eyes went a little bit too small to be seen. He was adorable. But what a giant he was. A sixteen years old giant with the height of one hundred and eighty-two centimeters. Junhong.

 

Red colour flared on your cheeks, you were flattered by the compliments. It was weird to you for younger people to call you cute. You were 21-year-old and you did not think cute was the right word for you.

 

"Guys, you're scaring the poor girl," another voice spoken. You looked at the boy. The boy was concentrating so much on his Smartphone and you remembered Daehyun telling you that this friend of his was a game maniac. Despite being a game maniac, he was also a genius. A valedictorian. Youngjae.

 

"Daehyun hyung would do just fine, right?" Another foreign voice asked. It was the second youngest member. He looked timid and shy. His single eyelid eyes were attractive. You also noticed that the boy had bunny teeth. He might look shy but he was actually a charismatic street dancer. Jongup.

 

"He said…" You opened your mouth, only to have five pairs of eyes looking at you, waiting for you to finish your words. You swallowed the water in your mouth. "He said he would do just fine." I'll be fine. Daehyun's words rang inside your head. The smile he had when he said those was just so confident. Your heart raced again as you thought of him. You nervously sipped on your coke again.

 

"Of course, he would be fine," Yongguk said with his deep voice. You met eyes with him and gave him that why-is-that look. He flashed his gummy smile again. "He has you."

 

Almost choked on your coke, you tried so hard not to widen your eyes at his words. Why does this sound so familiar? Where did I- Your mouth slightly opened.

 

As long as I have you, my tutor, everything will be just fine.

 

No wonder it sounded familiar to you. Daehyun said the same thing to you last night. You felt the blood rushed to your cheeks again.

 

"Eww, hyung! That was cheesy!" Youngjae blurted with his eyes still on his phone. He made a disgusted face.

 

Himchan threw his arm around Youngjae's shoulder. "You're just jealous that Daehyun got a cute girlfriend and you only have your games to accompany you, right?" Himchan and poked his chubby cheeks for a few times.

 

Youngjae stopped playing his game and glared at the older boy. "For my grades sake, hyung, I am not jealous." He defended himself.

 

"Aww~ I want a cute girlfriend like ~~~~~ noona, too." Junhong sighed and pouted adorably. "It must be nice to have one."

 

Jongup patted the younger's shoulder. "I understand your feelings, Junhong. I want one, too." Jongup shook his head and had a dreamy look in his eyes.

 

"Yah! You two are still young. Especially you, Junhong. You're only in your first year of high school. So, don't even think about it," Yongguk reasoned. He really sounded like a father. He acted like one, too.

 

You could not help but to wonder how these people of different personalities were friend. It was weird but you found it rather fascinating. You were happy that Daehyun was friend with these nice people.

 

"He changed." You heard Yongguk spoke again. He looked at you with solemn eyes. "In three months, he changed a lot. He changed because of you."

 

You were taken aback by his words. You did not know whether he meant in a good or a bad way. You noticed the change in Daehyun's self, too. You liked the changes but maybe his friends did not feel the same way as you did. Your heart grew sad at the thought and hung you head sadly.

 

"And of course, they were good changes." Himchan continued Yongguk's words. He said them in a sincere tone, different from the teasing tone he used on Youngjae just now. "Too good actually."

 

You lifted your face again to look at Himchan. To your surprise, all of them were looking at you with a smile on their faces. You never received so many smiles at a same time before. You were stunned.

 

"I know that brat since middle school and never before he took his mask off. Not even in front of me. Rude." Youngjae shook his head in disappointment. But you could tell that he was joking. "Thanks to you, I now know how that brat looks like," he continued.

 

Junhong nodded fervently. "And Daehyun hyung never really laughed before. We only knew that he was smiling under his mask when his eyes went small like this." Junhong put his index fingers on his temples and dragged the skin until his eyes went very small, almost disappear. You almost burst into laughter when you saw his cute acts. "But now he has the loudest laughter. Well, second after Himchan hyung, of course."

 

"Yah! Say it again and you'll eat my fist!" Himchan showed his fist to the youngest boy. The youngest one stuck his tongue at him.

 

"Yeah," Jongup agreed with Junhong. "He would laugh so loud as if he had won a billion dollars." He tried to imitate Daehyun's laughter but failed miserably. Everyone including you, laughed at him. "Sorry," he apologized and Junhong patted his back.

 

"What we really mean is that you are important to him," Yongguk opened his mouth again. He shook his head. "No. You are his most precious thing. He treasures you very much."

 

You could feel the nerves in your head beating. You did not know how to respond in the situation. The mixed feelings you had in your stomach were not helping at all. You tried to arrange the words in your head, hoping that you would eventually have a good reply. Nothing. You could not think straight.

 

Himchan beamed at you. "Please always stay by his side, ~~~~~-ah. I don't think he could be without you in his life."

 

You looked at him and the rest of Daehyun's friends. Their hopeful smiles gave you the same meaning. All of them wanted you to stay by Daehyun's side. They are good people. They want their friend to be happy. They are really good people.

 

"I don't want to leave his side either," you suddenly said. Daehyun's smiling face came to your mind. And you knew that you would want to see that smiling face for a long time. "Well, at least not now," you managed to break the cheesy atmosphere.

 

And there went laughter of five guys and a girl.