A Children's Story?

Matoki Planet

Chapter 18 was probably the funnest chapter I have written. 

Please comment and enjoy. 

-------------------------

 

“Hello Children.” Zelo shouted. Kids gathered around him.

“Hello, Mr. Zelo!” Children screamed back.

“It has been a month since we last met.” Zelo said. A child raised his hand.

“Are you going to talk about Robot Youngjae?” The child asked. Zelo’s ears perked up.

“Yes, I am. But let’s see what our heroes have been doing before I talk about him.” Zelo said. He put his hands up for silence.

“Our primary hero, Yongguk has been slowly adjusting back to civilian life especially since he became the prince consort and not a soldier of war.” Zelo started.

--------------                                                

“I am so happy that you are coming with Jieun today.” Zinger said. She walked down the hall, which opened to a concert hall full of exciting civilians that wanted to hear from the princess and prince consort. Yongguk nodded and silently followed Zinger and Jieun.

“I didn’t really want to be here.” Yongguk said.

“Being my husband, don’t you think you should accompany me?” Jieun said. Yongguk looked into her eyes and nodded.

“So stop complaining, this is our first event today.” Jieun said.

“Yea, but we have 4 other events today.” Yongguk said, he sighed as he continued walking.

“Hello, citizens of Matoki! I am the Jieun and this is Yongguk. We are excited to tell you all that with the UN(Universal party of Nations), we were able to sign a peace treaty with several planets in our galaxy. With this treaty, let’s us pave the way to peace and unity.” Jieun said. A reporter raised his hand.

“Are you pregeant?!” The reporter shouted out. Yongguk coughed. Jieun laughed.

“I’m sorry but I have no comment.” Jieun said.

“Please keep the this discussion on the intended issue.” Himchan said. Jieun continued to answer questions. Yongguk answered some but very few.

--------------------

“As we know, Himchan has been chasing after Zinger since the wedding, and since he found out Daehyun and Hyosung were married. But I don’t think he will ever get her.” Zelo said.

“Because I think Zinger likes someone else…” A kid said.

“Bingo!” Zelo said.

“OH MY GOD, a love triangle.” The kids screamed.

“I’m thinking more of a love square.” Zelo said.

“Tell us, tell us, tell us!” The kids screamed.

----------------

“Jongup! Where did you go?” Sunhwa said. She was trailing Jongup but Jongup finally lost sight of her.

“Oh my god, I can’t catch a break.” Jongup said. He looked around before going into a bar.

“What would you like?” The bartender asked.

“Uhh…. Just water.” Jongup said.

“Jongup?” Zinger said. She was in a disguise.

“Hana?” Jongup said. Hana is Zinger’s real name.

“Yea, what are you doing here? It’s like 3p.m.” Zinger asked.

“Hiding from Sunhwa.” Jongup said.

“Yea, me too.”  Zinger said.

“Himchan?” Jongup asked.

“Yea.” Zinger said. There was an awkward silence.

“So, I heard you have been rejecting these blind dates?” Zinger said.

“Yea....I don’t want to go.” Jongup said. Zinger looked at Jongup.

“Is there a reason?” Zinger asked.

“People expect that I would date Sunhwa when we came back, but I don’t think of her as a girl. And before you call me a jerk, you have to know, I see her as a comrade, and only a comrade. And then my mom suggested these blind dates, I’m thinking… “am I incapable to find someone I truly want to be with?”…. “Do I need someone on my side?”…” Jongup said. He sighed.

“I completely understand you.” Zinger said. Zinger grabbed two shots and gave one to Jongup.

“To the single people those aren’t ready to be committed.” Zinger said.

“To the people that are being followed everyday.” Jongup said. They toasted and smiled at each other.

-------------------

“So are you saying that our president is going to be dating a solider?” A kid said. Zelo shook his head.

“I don’t know, that’s just a theory. I have no idea.” Zelo said. The kids murmured.

“What about our favorite couple!” A kid screamed.

“I don’t know what you guys are so excited about? It's not like they come out to the public about it. But Hyosung is starting to show? Isn’t she? Isn’t she?” Zelo said. The kids were all nodding.

-----------------

“Do I have to?” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded.

“I don’t want to.” Hyosung said. Daehyun stared at her.

“Come on…. This is for the baby.” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung sighed.

“I don’t want to wear this? I’m going to look weird.” Hyosung said.  To this point, her whole life she has been the strong commander, no way was she going to be walking around in maternal clothes.

“Everyone knows!! It’s ok! You heard Jieun we signed a treaty. You can retire!” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung looked at her tummy.

“Look what you are doing! You are making me go through this.” Hyosung said. Her tummy was starting to stick out. Daehyun protected her stomach.

“Mommy is mad because she has to wear clothes, don’t you worry Daddy will protect you.” Daehyun gestured.

“Like the baby hears you.” Hyosung said. Daehyun shot a glare at her.

“I’m sorry. I’m a pregnant woman.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded.

“And Daehyun, I don’t want to retire.” Hyosung said.

“Who’s going to take care of the baby?” Daehyun gestured.

“You………………………?” Hyosung said. Daehyun sighed.

“I know, I know, you would never want to see me fight, I know.” Hyosung said.

“Yes, so you retire.” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung grabbed Daehyun.

“I will think about it.” Hyosung said. Daehyun kissed her forehead.

“Thank you, we have time before she/he comes out. Don’t we?” Daehyun gestured, talking to her tummy.

------------------------

A kid raised his hand but Zelo put his hands up.

“I know, I know, Mr. Robot… He thought he was smart. The moment he was able to talk again, he started screaming about Hyosung and Daehyun. However, he didn’t know was Yongguk, being a honest husband, told Jieun. Jieun, who loves to talk, told Zinger. Zinger asked Hyosung and that is when everyone found out.

“Mr. Robot thought he had a top secret that he can use as a jail free card but that didn’t work out.” Zelo said.

“So, did he get the shut down?” The kid asked. Zelo nodded his head. The kids murmured again.

“So, what about you?” A kid asked.

“Me? I don’t know….” Zelo said. He looked at the clock. It was 6p.m.  

“OH! I have to go.” Zelo said, running out. The kids waved bye to him.

---------------

“Zelo, what was taking so long?” Hyosung asked.

“It’s Wednesday? I always go visit the kiddies.” Zelo said.

“So you forgot about Wednesday dinners?” Daehyun gestured.

“Not like I eat!! You guys could have started without me.” Zelo said.

“Today is a special day!” Jongup said. Zelo looked around.

“What is today!?” Zelo asked.

“YOUR BIRTHDAY!” Everyone said. Himchan wheeled out a cake made of scraps of metal glazed with oil. Zelo would cry if he could.

“Thank you guys!” Zelo said. Yongguk and Daehyun wheeled out a present out for him.

“What is this?” Zelo asked.

“It’s Pudding.” Daehyun gestured.

“Pudding?” Zelo questioned.

“Pudding will be protecting Jieun for now on.” Yongguk said. He unveiled a robot that looked like a girl.

“Hello, Zelo.” Pudding said.

“Why hello? How are you?” Zelo said. Pudding smiled and kicked Zelo in the stomach.

“Sorry, she is still in the works.” Daehyun gestured. Zelo shook his hand at Daehyun.

“No, I like!” Zelo said. Everyone laughed.

“Let’s eat!” Zelo screamed. 

--------------------------

one more chapter!!
PREVIEW: FLASHFORWARD TO THE FUTURE!