Who is Youngjae?

Matoki Planet

Another chapter of connections!

PREVIEW: introduction of a new character~

Please comment and enjoy!

-------------------------------

 

Hyosung stirred awake. She looked around and Daehyun wasn’t there.

“Where did he go?” Hyosung said. She looked at the clock.

“CRAP!” Hyosung said, dressing and running towards the commander room.

“Did anyone get in contact with Zinger?” Hyosung said. Zinger was on the screen and everyone was there already.

“Hey… I guess you guys filled Zinger in?” Hyosung said.

“Yea, way to make an entrance.” Zinger said.

“Yea…” Hyosung said. She looked at Daehyun who just stared right back at her.

“Anyways, did Youngjae report to you?” Hyosung asked.

“No, he hasn’t. But we got a signal from his escape pod and it seems like he’s coming home.  Zinger said.

“He probably thinks we are all dead….” Daehyun gestured.

“That’s true, he planted a bomb.” Yongguk said.

“But he knows that Hyosung was coming…”  Jongup said.

“Yea, but I would still have no idea who did what?” Hyosung said.

“That’s true, if we are dead, then you wouldn’t know.” Himchan said.

“You would be forced to bring our dead bodies back and wait for Youngjae to explain himself.” Sunhwa said.

“So, the best thing is to keep us dead.” Hyosung said. Zinger agreed.

“We need more information about Youngjae? His motive?” Zinger said.

“Well, we know that he was Jieun’s stalker.” Yongguk said.

“Really?” Daehyun gestured.

“Yea, wouldn’t you be the best person to ask? You’re like his best friend." Jongup said.

“Who says?” Daehyun gestured. Daehyun knew Youngjae his whole life but he wouldn’t call him his best friend.

“Youngjae.” Sunhwa said. Daehyun sat there in thought. 

“I remember him talking about his girl who didn’t give him a chance when we weren’t at war…” Daehyun said.

“I didn’t give him a chance….” Jieun said.

“How could you, we have been together for years.” Yongguk said. Daehyun snapped his fingers.

“Youngjae… talked about a girl who didn’t give him a chance and a guy who just came in unannounced. He always said it was unfair.” Daehyun gestured.

“So he is clearly talking about us.” Jieun said. Yongguk nodded.

“But why wait now?” Hyosung said.

“I mean you guys were fighting for years, he could have just shot you in the back.” Himchan said.

“Well, he was only in my squad for 5 months…” Yongguk said.

“Ahh, that’s right. In the end, you picked Daehyun.” Himchan said. Daehyun pointed at himself.

FLASHBACK

- 4 years ago -

Zooland had declared war against Matoki. It was declared that every able male under the ages of 25 – 18 go to war.

“Yongguk, I will see you when you win.” Hyosung said.

“Yea, yea, yea. I will see you soon.” Yongguk said. She shook his hand and proceeded shaking every soldier’s hand. Daehyun had recently become a mute and was declared void for battle.

Daehyun ran onto the ship.

“What are you doing here?” Hyosung asked. Daehyun was out of breath. He had a mask that covered his mouth and throat area.

“I’m going to battle.” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung pulled Daehyun off the ship to talk to him.

“You were declared a void.” Hyosung said with concern.

“Yea, I know. But what do you want me to do? I already lost my voice. If we lose the war, I would lose you… if you are telling me I have to stay here… then you are telling me to die.” Daehyun gestured.  Hyosung sighed.

“Daehyun, don’t be like this...” Hyosung said. Daehyun looked at her.

“If you tell me to stay here and watch you get sent into war… I can’t… I just can’t.” Daehyun gestured. He patted his heart. Hyosung sighed again.

“Fine, but you have to send me messages that you are ok.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded. Hyosung grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly before pulling away.

“Come on, Soldier.” Hyosung screamed. Daehyun followed behind her.

“Yongguk, you are going to have Daehyun back in your squad.” Hyosung said. Hyosung couldn’t trust Daehyun with anyone else.

“But my squad is full. “ Yongguk said. Youngjae had replaced Daehyun in his absence. Hyosung grabbed the roaster. The ship carried about 18 soldiers but every general had 2 members.

“Zelo! Youngjae! Pick which one you are going to push to another group.” Hyosung said to Yongguk.

“Youngjae!” Yongguk said. Youngjae was moved to another group.

FLASHBACK ENDED

“You are right.” Himchan said. His squad consisted of himself, Jongup and Sunhwa.

“Youngjae’s squad all was KIA.” Jongup said.

“Were they?  Or did he kill them?” Sunhwa said. She looked at Daehyun.

“I wouldn’t know, he never told me what happened out there.” Daehyun gestured. During the war, Youngjae often confided to Daehyun because they were the same age.

“His squad did get KIA within the first year.” Jongup said.

“Yea, he didnt join our ship crew until the end of the second year.” Himchan said.

“This is getting spooky. Why didn’t we connect the dots before…” Jieun said.

“Hmmm…. He had plenty of opportunities to kill me.” Yongguk said.

“When did he enter the military?” Daehyun gestured.

“He entered exactly when there were rumors of Zooland…” Hyosung said.

“But he must had prior training if he was your bodyguard….” Yongguk said.

“That’s true… he was able to get into good ranks when he first joined.” Hyosung said.

“Zelo!” Zelo screamed. Everyone looked at him.

“Zelo! Protect! Yongguk!” Zelo screamed.

“You need to make him talk in sentences.” Himchan said.

“No, he is talking in sentences.” Jongup said.

“That’s true what Jongup says.” Zinger said.

“Zelo repeat what you just said.” Yongguk said.

“Zelo! Protect! Yongguk!” Zelo screamed.

“That’s true, you programmed him to fight and protect you." Himchan said. Zelo nodded.

“But I made Zelo just before Daehyun…” Yongguk said.

“Before Sungwoo and I were attacked…” Daehyun gestured. He grabbed his neck. 

------------------------

We will finally get to know Daehyun's story. And Who is Sungwoo?