08

Living Hell [HIATUS]

 

            “Do you have a plan?” I asked Minwoo as we slowly paced back to the cafeteria.

            “What do you mean?”

            “You know, to get Yuri to like me,” I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. Honestly, he was the one who said we were going to get her to love me, yet he completely forgets?

            “Oh yeah,” he finally remembered. I slapped him upside the head lightly, only to run ahead of him soon after.

            “Bye,” I called as I dashed through the cafeteria doors. Behind me, I could hear his begrudging footsteps as he stomped. I just continued to make my way to the table.

            “What took you guys so long?” Yuri asked as I took a seat beside her instead. Immediately after asking, she looked around. “And where is Minwoo?”

            “He drank a lot,” I shrugged as I reached over and grabbed a grape from her tray. She playfully glared at me while I plopped the small fruit into my mouth. I flashed a smirk which she quickly replied to with an eye roll.

            “Jerk,” Minwoo grumbled before taking a seat next to Kwangmin. “First, you run off ahead of me. Then, you take my seat.”

            “Well, it’s not my fault you take forever to pee,” I lied smoothly with my smirk still present.

            “What are you – I mean, you don’t have to tell everyone!” he caught himself in the middle of his rant. He was the one who made up the excuse to go to the bathroom, and he almost blows our cover. My friend is a genius. His face slightly reddened, and Kwangmin pat his back for comfort.

            “Anyways, are you busy later, Yuri?” I asked nicely to the girl beside me. She smiled while shaking her head.

            “Taemin is busy,” she first whispered, but her volume turned back to normal “so we can hang out.”

            “Yay!” I plainly stated, but my smirk turned into a smile which showed that my excitement was real. The bell rang just then, and we began to gather our things. Kwangmin and Minwoo walked off together to their classes, leaving behind Yuri and I.

            “Walk me to class?” she suggested with a wink. I rolled my eyes playfully but nodded. As we walked, we idly engaged in conversation. The hallways were as crowded as ever; peers were trying not to be late to class. People pushed past, often knocking us into each other.

            “Sorry,” I apologized for the fifth time now as I tried not to lean against Yuri. She shook her head as she helped by pushing the people on her side.

            “It’s not your fault.”

            “Hey, I’ve been really curious about this, but what is it like dating an,” I started. Before I said the last word, I took a look around to see people were completely absorbed in their own conversation to pay attention.

            “An idol?” she whispered, finishing my question. I merely nodded in response. “In all honesty, it is quite difficult. We don’t get to go out in public often in fear that people will recognize him, and we rarely get to hang out due to his schedule.”

            “Then why date him?” I bluntly stated, shrugging. She didn’t seem too shocked by my suggestion which actually took me by surprise. I actually just let the question slip by mistake.

            “Because I like him?” she answered questioningly, as if implying that it was obvious.

            “But is it worth it?” I continued to pursue, completely lacking control of my words. She just shrugged in response. We had just made it to her class, and I quickly gave her a small hug before departing to my classroom.

-----

            By the end of the day, I was obnoxiously stomping to the car. Not only did I fail the math test Yuri tried to tutor me for, I had to retake it in a few days. Once I got to my car, I sighed before pressing the ‘unlock’ button. I tossed my yellow backpack into the backseat and then closed the door. Swiftly, I turned around and leaned against the car. From a distance, I saw Yuri running towards me, waving enthusiastically. I chuckled at the mere sight of the childish girl.

            “Hey, Youngminnie!” she cheered as she slowed to a stop. I held my hand out to her, and she quickly handed me her backpack.

            “Hey, you,” I greeted in return. She offered me a smile of gratitude before opening the door to the passenger seat. I reopened the backseat, threw in her backpack and reclosed the door. Once I walked around and settled into my seat, we began to drive off.

            “So how was the math test?” she questioned as she the radio.

            “Glad that you mentioned it; I need you to tutor me.”

            “Again?” she exclaimed, halting her attempts to change the station. I gave her a sad nod which she sighed to. “There go our plans of hanging out.”

            “Well, you tutoring me is still ‘hanging out’.”

            “But that’s no fun!” she whined. We finally arrived to my apartment and instantly headed up to my room. She casually threw herself onto my bed, acting as if this were her home. But she practically does live here; she literally waltzes in whenever she wants. I approached her with my backpack in hand, soon dumping its contents onto the bed.

            “Help… now,” I more commanded than begged. She rummaged through the junk I just threw onto the bed and pulled out my math textbook. While she flipped through the pages, I fished out my notebook and a pen. We sat close together as she began to teach me.

            “First, try and solve this problem,” she instructed as she pointed to the page. I quickly tried to jot down the question, glancing back and forth from my paper to the textbook in her lap. Once down, the end of my pen when straight to my lip, tapping impatiently against the skin. I tried to get my thought process going as the bad habit continued. My mouth opened unconsciously as I slid the capped end of my pen in.

            “No chewing,” Yuri lectured me after snatching the writing utensil from my hand. She returned to the mess on the bed and rummaged out a pencil. She quickly handed it to me, knowing that I hated chewing on the eraser. Sighing, I took the new utensil into my hand. I slowly tried to work out the problem, but Yuri kept interrupting me.

            “Why did you do that?”

            “Is that not what I was supposed to do?”

“No, if you divide this side by X, then you have to do the same thing on this side!” she scolded me for the third time this hour.

            “Why?” I groaned as I flipped my pencil in hand before rubbing the eraser against the paper.

            “What you do to one side, you do to the other.”

            “But why?”

            “Nobody knows!” she exclaimed as she abruptly stood up. I tossed aside the study materials and got up after her, reaching to grab her hand.

            “Want to take a break?” I asked with a smile.

            “What do you have in mind?”

            “I’m not sure. Want to just watch TV?” I suggested. She immediately nodded, just wanting to avoid math. She then took off running down the stairs before I could even register what happened. I let out a sigh before jumping off the bed and going after her. When I finally caught up, she was comfortably thrown onto the couch, slouching while enjoying a show. I slapped her legs lightly which she quickly retracted afterwards. I took the seat that just opened up and threw my arms back. Yuri was sitting against the side of the couch with her knees curled up to her chest, completely absorbed in the TV.

            “When is Taemin finished with work?” I tried to make conversation.

            “He said he had an audition after the time I got off of school,” she shrugged, eyes still trained on the screen in front of us.

            “Audtion?”

            “Mhmm; for a movie.”

            “Wow,” I exclaimed in awe. “Do you ever think about how crazy it is to be dating a famous person?”

            “Nah, he’s still just a person,” she nonchalantly waved it off.

Author’s Note: This chapter is so short that it depresses me. :( I’m sorry, guys. This was all just a filler chapter. I really had no clue what to write. I didn’t want to rush into things. However, I promise I have a lot planned for the next chapter, so look forward to it! :) Oh, and I finally got a poster! :) Do you guys like it? I hope so. Thanks again to IAmQueen and La Musique for the poster and background. :D

Question of the day: Are there any Kissmes out there? If so, who is your bias in U-Kiss? :)

Mine is between Kevin and Kiseop. <3

Until next time! :D