05

Living Hell [HIATUS]

            "You are obsessed," I scoffed as I shuffled past Yuri to sit on her bed. Once seated, I turned around to clear my suspicions. My eyes rolled obnoxiously once it was confirmed that the boy band posters consisted mainly of SHINee and the boy clouded with hearts was indeed Taemin. 

            "I am not obsessed," Yuri tried to argue with her attention glued to her computer screen. If you saw her and how still she was being, you might have thought she had died right then and there. However, once you saw her right hand, scrolling through the many news articles, you would have thought otherwise. 

            "You are looking through SHINee articles, and that isn't called obsessed?" I roared in laughter, falling back onto the bed. I kicked my feet around enthusiastically as my hands rubbed my stomach, trying to sooth the now aching muscle.

            "I'm just being a good girlfriend and checking on my boyfriend. Is that wrong?"

            "It is since you are being more over a stalker than a girlfriend at the moment."

            "Whatever," she scoffed as she continued to zoom through the articles. After that, the room fell silent. I was now trying to preoccupy myself at Yuri's dresser, fiddling with the many accessories that polluted the white countertop. Being picky, I searched through her rings, occasionally puting one of my slender fingers. Guys used to make fun of me for having 'girl hands', as they called it, but right now, it was quite useful. Any other guy wouldn't be able to put on more than half of these rings. I chuckled to myself as I put on the weighted chains girls called 'bracelets'. Every now and then, I growled in frustration when I tried to undo and redo the ends of the accessories. 

            "Oh my god!" Yuri suddenly screamed. Startled, I dropped one of the necklaces I was trying to unhook. Groaning, I bent down to reach for the chain. 

            "What?" I finally asked, quenching her anxiety attack that she was having while waiting for somebody to question her excitement.

            "SHINee's coming back in a week!" she announced as she jumped out of her chair to spin around. Her arms frantically waved around while she jumped occasionally. I threw down her necklace before going over to her to help calm the enthusiastic girl. 

            "That's still a week," I reminded her, knowing she would be annoyed by my pessimistic attitude. Sure enough, Yuri began to glare at me while slapping my bicep.

            "Debby Downer," she grumbled before pushing me out of her way. I laughed as I watched her go take a seat on her bed. As I walked over to her, she suddenly began to giggle.

            "What's up with you?"

            "Why are you wearing my rings and bracelets?" she continued to laugh as she pointed at my hands and wrists. When I glanced down, I smiled at my stupidity. Indeed, I was still wearing the many accessories. I joined her in laughter and on the bed. 

            "I wanted to see what it was like being a girl."

            "Then go wear a skirt."

            "I don't want to know that badly," I stuck my tongue out her which seemed to only add fuel to her laughter. 

-----

            "You lose," Minwoo plainly stated before laughing his off. I stared down at my fist for a while, then I turned my attention to the 'papers' in front of me.

            "Dammit, Kwangmin. Since when do you not lose?" I growled as I crossed my arms over my chest. Kwangmin and Yuri retracted their hands before shifting into a comfortable sitting position. The four of us were currently at Minwoo's house, hanging out on his bedroom floor. Just a second ago, we were playing 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to decide who would leave to get the snacks downstairs.

            "Stop complaining and just go," Minwoo smirked at me as he waved his hand. Signaling me to retch you snacks? What am I ? Your slave?

            "Minwoo, shouldn't you go? You are the host!"

            "Don't be a cry baby. You lost fair and square!" Minwoo argued while pointing an accusing finger towards me. Scoffing, I left the room in defeat. I shuffled down the stairs quickly with my arms still crossed over my chest. After walking across the grey tiled floor of the kitchen, I was now in front of the pantry. Having been here dozens of times in the past, I knew Minwoo's house inside and out. My hand twisted the doorknob, revealing the many snacks in the small closet. I grabbed a few bags of chips and cookies before slamming the door shut. 

            I trudge my way up the stairs, trying not to drop one of the bags. Once in front of Minwoo's room, I realized that those jerks decided to close the door. Having no free hands, I aggressively kicked at the door with my left foot. Since it was my nondominant foot, I didn't kick too hard.

            "You are back," Kwangmin cheered at the sight of the food. I used my shoulder to push him away and went back to my spot on the floor. Once there, I dropped the many snacks in the middle of our circle. Minwoo and Yuri, who were still seated, immediately attacked the pile, clawing at each other like cats fighting for a fish. 

            "Animals," I grumbled under my breath. Yuri handed me a bag of my favorite chips, Lays, which I gladly took. After a few minutes of chip indulging, Kwangmin tried to get everybody focused. 

            "Aren't we supposed to be studying?" he reminded us. Everybody stopped munching for a second, but started up again seconds later. Yuri was the only one who tried to answer him, but was stuffed. 

            "Mmm," she hummed before turning beside her to get the math textbook. Minwoo and I groaned at the sight of the thick study material. We watched her flip through a few pages and clear .

            "Let the tutoring session begin!" Kwangmin cheered.

            "Ah," Minwoo and I groaned yet again. Kwangmin handed us some notebooks and pencils, and we all began to take notes on the lesson Yuri was giving us.

            After many lectures, scoldings, complaints, and a few fake tears, we were almost done. In case you don't understand why we are studying, we recently got told that a test was coming up. Yuri, being as good in math as she is, decided to help save us losers, Kwangmin, Minwoo and I, from complete and utter failure. Right now, she was yelling at Minwoo who was previously arguing with her over the accuracy of his answer.

            "How is that not right?" Minwoo exclaimed as he threw his hands up in frustration. Yuri, who was now agitated with the younger boy, hit him upside the head lightly, but hard enough to make him retract and whine.

            "Look, I'm the tutor. Listen to me, goddamn it," she scolded him as he pretended to cry again. Kwangmin and I simultaneously rolled our eyes at the two before trying to help each other with our last problem. 

            "How did you get that?" I asked the other as I gave his paper a weird look. Our answers were completely different yet we had almost the same work.

            "You plugged in the wrong number here, I think," Kwangmin tried to help me while tapping a spot on my paper repeatedly. Yuri came over to check on us and gave a nod of approval.

            "That's right, Kwangmin," she praised him with a pat on the back. The boy instantly jumped up and started cheering.

            "I actually understand this!"

            "Yeah, well, I still don't," I whined for attention. Yuri immediately sat down and began to talk through the problem with me. Eventually, I gave up. Well, we all did. Yuri was tired of explaining the same thing, and us guys were tired of hearing the same thing. Yuri and I waved goodbye and left Minwoo's house. We got home within a few seconds, and I went over to Yuri's apartment since our parents still weren't home.

            "You going to cook for me?" I asked while tilting my head cutely, trying to convince her to do what I asked. Yuri let out a sigh of defeat and headed to the kitchen. Deciding to be nice, I followed after her and grabbed an apron.

            "You are helping?" she questioned in disbelief. I immediately scoffed at her tone.

            "Don't make it sound like it is so hard to believe," I said as I grabbed the rice cooker pot. After scopoping a cup of rice into the pot, I washed it thoroughly and began to cook it. By the time I finished that, Yuri was already done chopping up some carrots, potatoes and tomatoes.

            "What are you making?"

            "Tomato vegetable soup," she explained as she placed a pot full of water on the stove. After we patiently waited for it to boil, we threw in all the vegetables along with some ribs inside. We slowed it down to a simmer and let the top on, waiting for it to cook.

            "So did you have fun on our date?" I suddenly decided to ask. She wasn't too fazed by my question though. In fact, she began to laugh.

            "Younggie, you've asked me this a billion times. It's already been two weeks since then. Yes, I had fun," she ranted between giggles. I shrugged in response.

            "Just making sure," I tried to sound nonchalant. Internally though, I was a mess. Yeah, it's been two weeks since then, but I've never been able to stop thinking about it; especially that kiss. Whenever we are alone and really close, my eyes can't stop glancing at her lips. Unconsciously, I even graze my own with my fingers. The reason why I keep bringing up the date is because we never really discussed the kiss. After she apologized, that was it. We basically act like it didn't happen, and that's what I hate.

            "Oh, I think it is ready," Yuri suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

            "Coming," I groaned as I trudge back to the kitchen.


Author's Note: Originally, I started this yesterday (6/13) and planned to finish it during the weekend, but then I watched the new Boyfriend music video. I basically died of happiness <3 Since it was so great, I decided to be good to my readers, finish up the chapter and post it early. If you guys haven't seen it yet, go now! I looked up the English lyrics just now and realized that all the songs could go with my story, so you guys should definitely look into them! ;)

Hope you guys enjoy it! <3 Since it was Boyfriend's comeback and their first mini album, the question of the day will be: Who is your bias in Boyfriend?

Mine is Jo Youngmin! <3 haha, obviously.

Until next time guys! :) Leave a comment and subscribe <3

ables in. After that            "Tomato vegatable soup," she explained
            "
            "Just want to make sure," I