· Home ·

||﹏ A Boyfriend ★ Wannabe ﹏||

 


 

Chapter 5 ; Home.

 

 

Instead of fluttering her eyes open to see a pink bunny mascot walking by her side, Alice was more into actions of pretending to be busy with her stuff. First, she acted as if she had dust over her attire. She began scraping the non-existent dirt off her dress. Seriously, she did that to cover up her nervousness. Minutes later, she took her phone out and the screen lighted on. She poked at the buttons, changing the wallpaper of her phone with a photo of herself. With anger building on the inside, she hit on a folder where there was a collection of Hoya’s pictures in it; pressing the ‘delete’ sign and all photos of him were removed one by one. For some sorts of reasons, Alice was certainly satisfied and she almost forgot she had this bunny mascot guy tailing her all the way home. 

 

Just when she was about to reach a bunch of keys in her bag to open the door of her place, she started to notice the pink-colored fur which she had hopelessly let out a little scream of terror. The pink bunny saved the situation by putting his furry palm over , blocking the deafening sound he thought could wake up the entire neighbourhood. “Shhh-” he clumsily hushed Alice down, trying to console her who almost had a heart-attack. “It’s me, Pink Bunny.” he inserted awhile later. He suspiciously glanced at her for once before he released , quietly analyzing Alice’s shock-state so she wouldn’t try to shout out that blaring noise ever again.

 

Puzzled, Alice struck down a strange look over a tall figure standing next to her. “Why are you following me?”

 

“You’re the reason why.” he casually answered with that sweet smile gracing over his lips. Alice hardly gulped with a heart that was pounding out so wild. She shook her head trying to push aside any silly thoughts regarding the bunny stumbled upon her mind. “Okay, I know this is rude, bunny, but you should go now.” Alice frankly uttered; she reached for the doorknob before bursting into the scene of an unlit living room. 

 

“I’m Chanyeol, noona.” he introduced his self, ignoring the fact Alice had told him to go. Alice twirled to her back only to get drowned into his pair of hazel eyes which sparkled like diamonds in the dark. She bit her lips while trying to whisper comfort words so her heart would somehow forget the exact way to pound harder till she felt her bones were about to shatter.

 

Chan- Chanyeol. She spelled his name silently- and pulled-up some time to register the word ‘Chanyeol’ in her brain. “Oh okay, Chanyeol... Good night, and BYE!” Alice slammed the door close, leaving the dumbfounded bunny alone upon the door, shivering to the coldness of breezy air. After locking the door, she trudged her feet all the way to her room. Alice threw her bag onto the bed, breathing out in relief but to be honest her feelings were mixing to a point her heart couldn’t stay any better. She stared out of the window, capturing the vivid image of pitch-black surrounding to her eyes. ‘It’s very cold out there,’ Alice sank her teeth into the lower lips; a rush of guilt then knotted her in the stomach.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was batting his eyelids in disbelief. He couldn’t believe she had leaved him alone out here without even asking or have any slight consideration to let him stayed at her place. Chanyeol knew it was crazy, he thought it was crazy too. Being the newly waiter in the restaurant had barely offered him chances to stand up on his own feet. Afraid of losing his job, he had no choice but to say he’s ready to put his hand in. It wasn’t like Chanyeol insisted to go on with the flow; especially when he had noted very well that the entire thing was deeply insane. But again, he was far from a type who would wrap open what he’d actually think or feel. Chanyeol was so confused of what he should do right at this moment. Was he supposed to go back to the restaurant? Or, would she have the slightest care to open the door if he persisted on waiting for her?

 

Chanyeol then heaved a breath in. Taking one and two steps forward; hands were about to knock the tightly-shut door. He felt it’s a must for him to have a try before he took the decision to move on. On top of being extremely nervous, Chanyeol was most likely to think that the blonde girl would not have the heart to ever concern any bits of his existence. His brows cocked up in response when he saw the door flitted open, and much to his surprise, the petite blonde was now awkwardly standing in front of him.  

 

“Bunny... I mean- Chanyeol-” she clamped her teeth into the bottom lips, “Err- come in?” Alice timidly voiced out. The blush then heated her entire cheeks, leaving them to appear redder than usual. Chanyeol giggled as he let his first foot into the cozy place. It was very warm in there. The inner decoration was just so perfect; light-grey adorned the wall and the arrangement of furniture had added the effect of awe though the styling was kind of simple.

 

“This is weird, bunny. But are you seriously planning to stay at my place tonight? They won’t know if I let you go, so you don’t have to worry. Just tell them we’re together when they ask you tomorrow.” Alice started the conversation after silence took control for moments. Chanyeol who was looking and touching at picture frames at all shape and size resting over the wooden drawers immediately tilted his face up. He popped his head out of the bunny-head, revealing the natural frizzy hair; dyed in brown and indeed was a very messy nestle. However, Alice thought he was kind of adorable.

 

“I believe it was screwy too, but they trusted me to do well. You don’t have to feel burden, noona, because I am here to help you with anything for a complete 24 hour.” Chanyeol blurted out as he zipped open his bunny costume. Alice almost lost her jaw by constantly perusing at Chanyeol’s body fitting in a thin, loose white shirt and plain jeans. She knew it’s not cool to peer over someone the way she did right now, but she couldn’t help herself in this matter. ‘Gah stop ing over an innocent boy like him, Alice!’

 

“The guest room was in mess, I don’t know where to let you sleep tonight.” she said, remembering the room next to the kitchen was choked-up with her unfolded clothes and other things-people-not-wanting-to-know cluttering all over the single bed. “I can sleep with you.” Chanyeol muttered, trying to make lame jokes. “Eh?” Alice’s eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets. ‘Did I hear him wrong?’ Alice swore she was madly blushing at this part.

 

“Kidding.” Chanyeol winked at her before jumping onto the sofa. “My back might hurt in the morning, but it’s not a big deal.” he continued with a smile. Alice decided to leave Chanyeol while he was resting. When she came to give him a pillow and a thick sheet of blanket, Chanyeol was already snoring with eyes sealed close. ‘Wow, that was fast,’ Alice commented in blatant amazement. Slowly putting the pillow under Chanyeol’s head, Alice then wrapped him up with the blanket. She shook her head; staring deeply at the serene lived in his sleeping expression. She caressed his chubby cheeks softly and murmured ‘good-night’ in his ears. Chanyeol stirred in his sleep, pulling up the warm coverlet closer to his chest.

 

Alice climbed up to her bed after a quick washing and brushing teeth session in the bathroom. She rolled back and forth on the mattress, trying to get herself sleepy by counting sheeps.  But still her eyes were wide awake even though it had past midnight. Her mind flew to the image of Hoya and their break-up. The fact they’re inching closer to a day where the two confessed each other’s promises and eternal love, had hurt her a bit too much than necessary. Thinking about Valentine, Alice got her memory back over an important thing she’s been planning to say to Hoya back then- about the ‘gathering-day’ with her high school’s best friends. It’s over between them, but Alice then remembered she was supposed to bring someone special, needless to say, a boyfriend on that day!

 

B-but right now; she’s officially single and they’ve broke up and-and-and there’s nothing between them so- “!!!” Alice yelled out while roughly pulling each strand of her hair. Somehow she thought it was ridiculous, when suddenly a portrait of Chanyeol the Pink Bunny appeared in her head. ‘What was that supposed to mean?’ she frowned and before she could solve any of her problem Alice had fallen into deep slumber. 

 


 

Well, no words to say. Enjoy this new chapter :)

I know it was kinda late, but thanks for waiting, guys :D

I'm totally appreciating each comments, subscribers and even- readers who've upvoted my story! ^^

Thanks a lot! Btw, more fun in upcoming chapters, I promise!