Shock

The Third Wheel

 

Chapter Eight – Shock

 

“Jongdae told me everything.”

 

He felt the blood drain away from his body as he stood stiffly at the door, watching as his boyfriend shook violently. His mind tried to conjure up a colour appropriate for this situation, but for the first time in his life, it could not come up with one. Nothing could describe the shock and the disappointment; not neon yellow, brash pink or even vomit-inducing rainbow. The only thing he could say was that he felt the shock of the confession like he had been hit by a surge – no, a blast – of hot, white electricity.

 

White.

 

White with a bluish tinge. White with an electric edge. White with lonely undertones, knowing that this would be the end of a beautiful union.

 

“E-everything?” He stammered, unsure of which revelation shocked him the most; the fact that Yixing knew Jongdae or that the latter told him everything.

“Yes, everything.” With absolute murder in his eyes, Yixing roughly grabbed Kris by the shirt, knocking him off his balance. “Is it true?”

 

He really wanted to say no. He really did. But the look in Yixing’s eyes told him that despite his all-consuming anger, it was a story of hurt and fear. They painted a sad picture of shattered delusions, unattainable fantasies and to his regret, a bitter realisation of happily-never-after. He couldn’t lie to those eyes.

 

“I…”

“Oh god, it’s true isn’t it?” Yixing growled, clenching his boyfriend’s shirt tighter.

With a sigh of regret, he murmured. “Yes, it’s true.”

He received a punch to the face.

 

Startled, he looked up. Yixing’s face hovered above his as he continued to glare him down, his breathing haggard and shallow. The fist which had connected with his face a few seconds ago was now flexing again, as if it wanted to feel the pleasure of his pain.

“Hit me again.”

Yixing’s fist slammed into his face once more before he realised what had slipped out of his mouth.

 

Hit me again.

Why did he say that? Punches to the face cause a lot of damage, bruising and swelling, and weren’t pretty. They also hurt considerably. He could see no reason anyone would want to be hit again.

 

Suddenly, he felt his shirt being released as he tumbled to the floor. He looked up, confused.

“W-what was that?” Yixing stuttered, his quivering finger pointing at Kris.

“What was what?”

Yixing’s eyes widened as he took a step back. “You groaned.”

Kris furrowed his brows. “Well, you did hit me.”

Yixing took another step backwards. “Y-yes, but it was different.”

 

That only served to confuse him more. He didn’t know that there were differences in groaning out of pain, and he couldn’t see why they would freak somebody out. It was only natural to voice out discomfort, was it not?

 

“What do you mean?” He frowned.

“It means that Jongdae was right and you are a bastard.”

He shot up. “What?!”

 

“I was wondering why our relationship seemed to be drifting apart, so I asked Jongdae. He asked me if we had yet and I told him that I wasn’t ready. He then said there’s my answer.” Yixing explained, still inching towards the door. “He said that based on your attitude towards me after I told you I wasn’t ready, you only wanted me for . And he was right!”

 

Kris found himself beginning to understand less and less. “Wait. So that’s what he told you?”

His eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope.

“Yes. Now it all makes sense. On that night when you said it was okay, it wasn’t okay, was it?”

His mouth began twitching at the corners. “That’s all he told you, right? Nothing else?”

“Yes, that’s everything he told me!”

Kris felt relief washing over his body.

 

I won’t go back to black. Not now.

___

Author's notes: Chen has lent me some of his trolling abilities! Muahahahaha!!!

My apologies for this short and crappy chapter, but I had and am currently experiencing a bad bout of writer's block. :( As you can see, I re-uploaded chapter seven, but unfortunately some of your nice comments got deleted, so I can't reply to them! There was one person who gave me tips on how to beat writer's block, and I want you to know that I'm currently trying your tips - I'm reading a lot, I'm listening to my favourite music amongst other things, and I want to thank you!! <3