LQ picture + Advise

Wallflower Tutorials [ G I M P - GRAPHIC C O N T E S T OPEN]

Tutorial for : insanefantansy

The main reason of choosing a HQ picture is because you need to do poster with good quality. Having a LQ picture in your poster is a big no no. Try avoiding choosing LQ pictures like if the picture is 200x200 and your poster size is 600x700 then it will because a LQ picture.

For example, this is a high quality picture. Why? Because the size is 1500 x 1930 and posters (usually) are about 500x600. You can just rescale it to a smaller size and it will still maintain it's quality.


 

 1NZPQG6.png

Seungho's picture was originaly bigger than my canvas which is 400x400 so I rescaled it to a smaller size and it still maintained it's quality.

 

L1H9alX.png

I've put on curves and I've designed it as so~


 

So then i tried doing a LQ image which size was 100x141 and my canvas was 500x400. 

vGUqgSE.png

Then I rescaled it to the a bigger size.

 

s4Ai7rG.png

as you can see, the quality isn't quite good. Though you can cover it up.
Duplicate the image, align it on the original picture > click the upper layer > click the mode menu and put it to overlay & the opacity it to your liking. 
But to me, this way won't turn out nice. SO GO FIND A HQ PICTURE.

 


I've also tried a picture that matched my liking of size. I didn't rescale it at all.

WhJ2eaV.png

 

then designed it.

C5ijZ2j.png

 

Tips: if the picture you chose is LQ then:

q0FkqT1.png

 


 

I dont know whether you understand at all what I'm trying to say cause it's at night here eue 
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask by commenting!