The apple and the promise

With my girlfriend right now

 Sohee pulled her weak sister into her apartment and helped her sit down.

"Sulli, who did this to you?"

Sulli lowered her eyes as she spoke. "I'm sorry unnie. I'm so sorry."

"What are you talking about?"

"I ran into Chaerin. She had a friend and they were hitting me to try and get information out of me. I was fine with a couple of hits, I wasn't going to open my mouth but then they got into a fight. Her friend left and as soon she turned around, she jumped on me and started pounding my head on the concrete. There was blood everywhere and I couldn't hear anything but a loud ringing. My sight started to drift away...I couldn't take it anymore. I told her everything about you and Jiyong oppa. I'm so sorry. I should have kept my mouth close."

Sohee's cheeks became red with anger. "She touched my baby sister?! Who the hell does she think she is? Did she say anything else to you?"

Sulli nodded. "She said that if you don't leave Jiyong alone then she's gonna do something to Sunmi unnie. She didn't say exactly what she was going to do."

She became silent.

"It's okay though unnie. We'll call the cops and everything will be okay. You'll be with Jiyong, Sunmi will be safe and I'll recover." She gave her a grin but it was hard for Sohee to smile back seeing that she had blood all over her teeth.

"Anyo. She'll only be contained for a few weeks. It's no use calling the cops under this cercumstance."

"But unnie..."

She stood up and pointed to her bathroom. "You need some rest and umma's house is too far from here. Go wash up. You can stay here with me. I wont make you go to school until you're healed so don't worry."

Sulli nodded and limped to the bathroom. Before entering, she turned to look at her sister. "Out of all my sisters you're my favorite. I love you so do what makes you happy." With that, she closed the door behind her.

Sohee picked up the phone and dialed her umma.

Across town

Jiyong walked around a toy store with his friend Taeyang.

"I think you should get her a stuffed animal." Taeyang suggested as he poked the stuffed toys in front of him.

"Nah. I got a stuffed animal for Chaerin a while back. I want to get Sohee something special." Jiyong said coolly.

"Well what does she like?"

"Nothing cute, she hates that stuff. It need to be something daebak."

Taeyang picked up a stuffed ponyo doll and hugged it. "Well you get her something daebak and I'll get this :3"

Jiyong raised his eyebrow. "Are you getting that for somebody?"

"Nope." He stuck out his tongue as he played with the toy in his hands.

"You don't have a girl right now?"

"Nope." He repeated, still playing with the toy.

"Cause you ain't got no game. Ima show you how to do it GD style."

"GD?"

"It's short for G-dragon. It's my new nick name."

Taeyang laughed. "That's never gonna catch on."

"...hater..."

"Anyway back to Chaerin. What are you gonna do about her?"

"I'm just gonna break it off. I realized that I care for her but I don't love her. Can I confess something?"

Taeyang nodded. "Yeh."

"When me and Sohee broke up I was so broken that I just wanted to forget about her. I went around Seoul looking for a girl but I couldn't find the right one. Just when I was about to give, this girl caught my eye. She was so cute and stylish like my beloved Sohee. I went to go talk to her and we hit it off real quick. Once I got to know her more I came to find that she was just like me. I told her I didn't have a place to stay so she let me crash at her apartment. Within a few days we were going out."

Taeyang frowned and scratched his head. "So that means..."

"Yeh. I got together with Chaerin just three days after my break up with Sohee."

"I should kick."

"Aish calm down. I'll break up with Chaerin, I'll tell Sohee what happened, we'll start over and everything will be alright."

"You are so full of yourself."

He grinned. "Don't you wish you could be like me?" He took another look around the store. Then finally something caught his eye. A glossy red wooden apple sat at the back of the shop. He strode over to the item, ignoring Taeyang's nagging.

"Omo this is wonderful." He picked it up and took it to the counter. "Ajusshi, can you carve something in this for me?"

The old man working behind the counter smiled at him. "Who is this for?"

"My future wife. Ahn Sohee."

Chaerin's apartment

Chaerin sat at her vanity desk, brushing her hair.

"Hope that got my message."

Suddenly her phone started to ring. She lightly walked over to her tiny cell and placed it against her ear. "Yeobseo?"

"Chaerin. You need to turn your self in." Dara's tore through the phone.

"Ugh shut up already. Once that little Sohee gets my message, everything will go back to normal."

"I was serious when I said that I wasn't going t let you get away with this."

"Aish what are you going to do? Go to the cops? They'll just arrest you to my dear accomples."

"Yah! I'm your unnie, don't talk to me like that."

She laughed. " off." She hung up the phone and continued to brush her hair. "We gotta stay together."

Sohee's apartment

Jiyong stood outside of Sohee's door with the apple in his hands. He smiled as he read the carvings.

Sohee + Jiyong = Forever in love

He sighed happily as he knocked on the door. There was no answer. He knocked again. Still no answer. He started to panic. 'what if someone kidnapped her? what if she's un conscious?'

He placed the box down and started banging rapidly on the door. "Nabi ah!? Are you okay!?!?"

He heard light steps approach the door followed the Sohee's soft voice. "Lower your voice. My little sister is sleeping." It sounded like she had ben crying.

"Oh Sulli's here? I'll just sleep on the couch then."

"Anyo..."

"Well I can't sleep in the same bed as you guys."

"Go back...go back to Chaerin."

He sighed. "This again? Is this because I didn't get the food like I was supposed to?"

"Go back to her." her voice was mellow and sad.

"I don't want to. I was going to break up with her for you. I wanna be with you nabi."

"Don't be a fool. Chaerin's a better fit for you."

"This is crazy. Let me in so we can talk."

"It's time to say goodbye." She walked away from the door.

He started slamming his body up against the door. "It's not ending like this!" He gave one more slam and the door swung open. Sohee turned around to look at him, started. He walked over to her and cupped her face. He looked deep in her eyes before kissing her. As much as she wanted to wrap her arms around him and kiss back, she knew her friends and family came first. She pushed him off.

Jiyong looked at her confused and then in anger. "Can't you see how much I love you?!?" He pushed her up against the wall and griped her hips, look in her eyes. 

She yelped in pain. "Let go of me." she whispered.

She tightened his grip on her. "I won't ever let go! Not until you you say you love me too!"

"No."

"SAY IT!"

"...I can't"

"Why?! Huh?!?! TELL ME WHY?!"

"Because I don't love you!"

He let his head fall on her shoulder and started to cry. "Y-you don't mean that..."

Tears were falling down her face as she pushed him. "I don't love you...You don't mean anything to me." She turned her head to hide her tears. He grabbed her hand and was about to speak but she cut him off.

"Leave and don't come back here again. Don't look for me again. Don't even think about me. I want nothing to do with you." The lies she was speaking made her heart hurt.

He punched the wall next to her. "How could you do this to me?" He whispered. After a few seconds of heavy breathing, he left the apartment. Slamming the door behind him. She dropped to her knees and held her face in her hands as she cried. Sulli came in from the other room rubbing her eyes.

"What were those loud noises?"

Sohee looked up at her sister and smiled through her tears. She was wearing Sohee's fuzzy blue pants with an oversized white shirt and her hair was in cute pig tails. She looked like a little girl. Her smile suddenly faded when she noticed the giant dried up wound across her forehead and the bruise that rested on her neck, right under the mark from the cigarette.

Sulli ran over and sat down next to her. "What happened?"

She pulled Sulli into a hug. "I'll protect you from now on. I promise."

Sulli pulled away from her. "What did you do?"

"He's gone. She wont hurt you ever again."

Sulli's eyes widened as she ran towards the door. She looked down the hall. "Jiyong!? Oppa where are you?!" She was about to run and look for him but she suddenly became dizzy. She held her head and looked down.

"What's this?" She bent down to eye the cardboard box. She picked it up and carried it to Sohee. "I think Jiyong got this for you."

Sohee opened the box and looked carefully at the carved writing. She grabbed her heart and began to sob even more.

Chaerin's apartment

Jiyong slowly opened the door, hanging his head low. Chaerin skipped over to him, wrapping her arms around him.

"You're finally home."

"Chaerin...we need to talk." His voice was thick.

"Not now. I want to cook for you and then we can go to bed." She winked at him.

He pushed her off. "Let's break up..."

She froze. "W-what?"

"I'm sorry I just-"

She slapped him. "Did that Sohee tell you to do this?"

He looked at her. "You know about her?"

She stumped around the apartment with her fists balled. "I did NOT go through all that trouble for this to happen!"

He raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

She shook her head and hugged him. "You're just feeling tired. You don't really want to break up do you?"

He pushed her away. "I'm sorry...I just need to be alone right now." He then left the apartment and headed to a motel.

A week later

Sulli had ben staying with Sohee for the past week. At first just to recover but she was really there to keep her sister company. She noticed that since that fight with her and Jiyong, she hadn't eaten much. She just sat at her tiny table by the window, eyeing the wooden apple. She would stare at that thing for hours, smiling and then crying soon after. The only time she would leave the apple's side is when she had to sleep, eat or use the bathroom.

"Unnie, there's only one a few more dumplings in the fridge. Do you want them?" Sulli asked as she looked over at her sister who was, again, staring at that apple.

"Anyo...you can have them."

She sighed and took the food container out. There was a knock on the door. She walked over and answered.

There was a tall man with a a suit and sunglasses. "Are you Ahn Sulli?"

She nodded. Not sure what was going on.

"I need you to come with me."

She looked back at her sister and then at the man. "Okay."

Downtown police station

The man lead Sulli to a secluded room with a giant window that showed another room. He sat her down and then the light.

"We got a tip from a wittiness about your beating a week ago. She didn't give much detail, all she said is that she was you're aunt."

Her heart started beating faster. 'Could it be? Did Dara help me?' She wondered.

"We've captured two suspects and we need you to identify them."

She nodded.

The man walked over to a button that was next to the giant window. He pushed it and began to speak. "Bring them in."

Two women entered the room and sat in the chairs provided. Her eyes widened. It was Dara and Chaerin. The man crossed his arms and looked at her.

"Well...? Do you recognize these women?"

"Yeh. That's Chaerin, she's the one who attacked me. That one with the long brown hair is my aunt Dara."

The man nodded and pushed the button again. "Release miss Sandara Park."

In a back room

Dara walked in the room to find Sulli  sitting in a secluded chair. She stood up and smiled.

"Hey auntie." she smiled even brighter.

Dara's jaw dropped. "Why didn't you rat me out?"

"Well you helped me out. And you're not bad looking. I wouldn't be ashamed to call you apart of my family." Dara have her a big grin and pat her head.

"I think I'm gonna like you kid."

Sulli shrugged. "Well who wouldn't?"

"Hey, now that I'm not going to jail, we need to make something right." She grabbed Sulli's hand and ran out of the police station.

"Where are we going?" She asked, trying to keep her balance.

"Seungri told be where Jiyong's ben staying. We need to tell what happened."

At a motel in Seoul

*knock knock knock* Dara banged on the door. "Yah Jiyong I know you're in there!"

"Go away! I just want to be alone." Jiyong growled through the other side.

Sulli knocked lightly on the door. "Oppa. It's me Sulli. We need to talk. Sohee needs you."

He swung the door open. "Is she hurt?...What happened to you?"

"Chaerin did this to her when she heard you were staying with Sohee." Dara spoke with her arms crossed.

"S-she did this to you?" He started to remember the night Sohee told him to leave. She was acting weird and she remembered her telling him that Sulli was staying over.

"Yeh. Sohee is convinced that in order to protect me, she needs to stay away from you."

"Why would she think that?"

"Chaerin told her to. But it's okay now. She's ben convicted and now you can go back to Sohee."

He lowered his eyes. "She doesn't need me."

"Oppa yes she does! Everyday for a week, all she does is stare at that apple you bought. Whenever she looks at it, she cries. She wont let that thing out of her sight."

He looked up at her. "Take me yo her."

Sohee's apartment

There was a light knocking coming from the door. Sohee picked up her limp body and answered the door. Sulli was smiling at her.

"Unnie, someone's here to see you." Sulli pushed the door all the way open and revealed Dara and Jiyong.

"Jiyong...what are you doing here?"

He walked up to her, their noses inches away.

She put her hands on his chest, trying to push him away. "I told you never to come back here. You should-"

He cut her off. "Shut up." He cupped her face and kissed her. He leaned away from her, viewing her red face.

"I know everything. Sulli convicted Chaerin. She wont hurt anyone again."

"What about when she gets out?"

"I'll protect you and your sisters. They're my family too. I promise baby girl. Just please let me be with you. I love you, I need you."

Tears started running down her face. All she could do was wrap her arms around his neck and kissed him. He wraped her legs around him and carried her to the bedroom.

"Uh...Let's go get some ice cream kid." Dara pulled Sulli out the door.

An hour later

Sohee laid asleep in Jiyong's arm. He smiled as he remembered their earlier bedroom 'dance'. His phone vibrated on the floor and leaned down to pick it up, being careful not to wake Sohee.

"Yeh?"

"Jiyong...it's me Chaerin."

"Uh...hey."

"I need your help. Someone falsely accused me of beating someone up."

He sighed. "Just cut the crap. I know everything."

She started crying. "I-I- I'm sorry. I just didn't want to loose you."

"Just stop. I don't have time for this." He looked down at Sohee's sleeping face. "I'm with my girlfriend right now."

*hangs up*

 

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the corny ending ^^'

Hope you enjoyed it. I had fun writing this and I want to thank all of the readers for following me on this short and confusing journey <3

God bless you :)