Clarify

When A Flamer Falls For The Mint (A SHINee Fanfic)

 

 

Okay, that was a long flashback, isn’t it? Anyways, I got together with Tae Min, who’s cute and just cute, then fussed over a fan girl who kissed him (on the cheek, right when I was in their fan meeting) and told him how I hated it (I really do) and got to break up with him. I was supposed to prove it to Eun Jung and Ji Yeon during music bank. But apparently, Tae Min didn’t care. A squeeze in my heart then I, too, didn’t care. A hundred thousand won. I remembered that it’s time to cry over to Min Ho. I dialed his number.

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Oppa?”

Yep, we’re already this close. “Hyo Min-ah? What’s up, Lioness?”

“Tae Min and I...”

“You fought?”

“Yeah...”

“The park, you want?”

“That’d be nice...”

Okay, I was lying. That was what I thought would be perfect, Min Ho-oppa. I just love you.

“Okay, wait there.”

Lee Tae Min, take that.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

I sat there in the park. Oh my God, why is the sun so bright and sparkling and stuff? This is such a happy day—

Okay. Is this... Isn’t this....

Suddenly, large raindrops fell on me. And it fell everywhere. It’s raining.

Just like how it rained when Tae Min did not show up on our first date.

And like when he showed up in front of my apartment a few hours after.

And like when he stayed overnight cause he can’t call a taxi or his manager.

And not like when Min Ho came to pick him the following morning.

This is bad.

“Hyo Min!” That voice just told me that I was right. I stood up and quickly started walking towards the bus stop.

Tae Min grabbed my arm. “Hyo Min...” He said my name in this real husky voice as he pulled me into a hug.

“Why are you hugging me!” I screamed as I pushed him away.

 He just pulled me back in. “I’m sorry, my umbrella’s not that big.” I looked up and saw that he’s right. But I still pulled away. He followed my head with his umbrella, leaving him wet.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, super irritated.

“Trying to get you dry.”

“Then you should’ve just brought another umbrella.”

“I wanted us to share.” Again, he pulled me into a hug. , this is so cute.

“Tae Min, don’t you know what a break-up means?”

“Yep, I do know what it means.”

“Then what are you doing?”

“Well, I decided to forget, since you were my girlfriend.”

“Oh. Not the wisest idea you came up with.”

“I really am sorry. From now on, I’ll try my best to kiss only you.”

Just then, my phone rang. “Tae Min, pull away for a minute.”

He didn’t budge, and just playfully swayed me side-to-side. Yo, what’s up, kid.

I got my phone from my jeans’ pocket and answered it while hugging Tae Min. Yay for my ninja moves.

Suddenly, Eun Jung’s screaming from my phone. “HEY, MIN HO’S ON TV, HOW DID HE GO TO YOU? IT’S LIVE BROADCAST AND ALL THAT. I THINK YOU BETTER GO HOME, CAUSE I BET THE CRY-AND-GET-COMFORTED WON’T DO. WAHAHAHAHAHA”

“You tried to get Min Ho-hyung to what?” Tae Min pulled away.

“I... I...” I stuttered.

“Who was that? Hyo Rin-ah.”

“Unnie, it’s—“

“Tae Min, her boyfriend. Or so I thought.” Tae Min was fuming yet again. Swear, he’s going to be a full-pledged tomato one of these days. I’m the gardener.

“Tae Min? LEE TAE MIN? OF SHINEE? SO HYO MIN ACTUALLY GOT YOU AS HER BOYF—“

“Unnie, later.” I put down my phone. He put the umbrella in my hand.

“What about Hyung?”

“I like him.”

“Present tense?”

“I... I guess...”

“And you dare use the same sentence when I asked you whether you liked me?”

I shut up. I didn’t know how to answer that. I mean, I didn’t mean to do... okay, maybe I did mean to play around but... it’s....

“It’s for the bet!” I burst out.

“What bet?”

Okay, did I just said a thing that worsened what was happening? Uhmm...

“I had a bet with Eun Jung. That if I could get off with you...”

“Why did you get on with me?”

“Cause Min Ho just asked me and I just felt like I had to answer that yes, I was dating you.”

He looked so hurt, unlike earlier. Is this real? “You liked Min Ho-hyung that much?”

I just... “It was your fault!” Oh, darn. What’s up with you, tongue.

“How...?”

“The note was for Min Ho.”

“I...” I could see that he’s completely lost. I realize that the rain is falling harder.

“Let’s find some shelter.” I pulled him and found some convenience store nearby. We sat at the chairs there and he got me some coffee. Yeah, he’s actually pretty mature and stuff, he just does it cutely.

We sat there, staring at each other. I felt something hollow in my chest.