It's a Flashback

When A Flamer Falls For The Mint (A SHINee Fanfic)

 

 

Hyo Min’s POV

 

I looked over my shoulder and stared at the boy in front of me.

“Hi, I’m Lee Tae Min. Nice to meet you,” he said, as he bowed elegantly in front of me. I narrowed my eyes. Pretty cute.

“Okay, this is crazy. But, I love you,” I said, as I smiled and waited for his reaction.

He blinked a few times before speaking up. “What’s your name?”

“Park Hyo Min.”

He got a card and wrote something on it. A few more seconds and he handed it to me.

“Thank you,” I said, as I moved on to Min Ho, my real bias.

“Hi, I’m Min—“ he didn’t get to finish what he was saying as I shrieked and went all over him, screaming random fan girl stuff that I don’t remember anymore. Sorry for the incomplete flashback.

And so, I was all over the place, looking like the Min Ho-crazy chick that I was. When I finally got over my fan girl moment, I told Min Ho my name and got my card. I was supposed to head over to Key, when I remembered something. I slipped a note under Min Ho’s  elbow (which was resting on the table) before walking away.

Okay, this is more of my first (fan)meeting with Min Ho, but that was also the first time I met Tae Min, so this is probably when it all started. Because, for some weird reason, it was Tae Min who got the note. Yep, that was sooo wise and omniscient of me.

Well, I was sneaking the note, and that elbow just spoke to me and told me that he’s the perfect place to slip it into. GAAAHHH.

Anyways, he texted me. It was still a good thing that he got it, cause I could just tell him that it was for Min Ho. So we met (on what I wrote on the note), BUT I didn’t get to the part where I was supposed to tell him it was for Min Ho. Cause he brought Min Ho along.

“So. You’re Tae Min’s girlfriend, huh?” Min Ho playfully said, his eyebrows going up and down on me. So hot. Simply hot. He’s seducing me with his awkward playfulness.

“Uhh... yeah...”

I’m telling you people. I was TOTALLY not in it when I answered yes. And I can see that you can see that. But I needed to be defensive of it, as per the next line.

“Not yet, Hyung.” Lee. Tae. Min. You. Are. So. Not. Getting. Me.

“Oh, but she said ‘yes’ already.”

“But, I just met her two times.”

I pouted. “You are such a kid. Why is even your hyung here?”

They both blinked as they stared at me.

Min Ho laughed. “Woah, a lioness we got here.”

Tae Min just looked away, revealing a red ear to my view. WOW. I get this KID to be my GUY. Not fun.

“Okay, if you don’t want me, then I don’t care,” I said as I started to walk away.

“Wait.” He grabbed my arm. He motioned for his hyung to go now. “I’m sorry.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. Still cute... “Okay, forgiven.”

Ugh, now that I think of it, every time that I find him cute, I end up muttering some stuff that I don’t even mean. Should stop narrowing my eyes.

“So... Hyo Min likes me?”

“I guess...” Okay, I looked up at him with normal eyes, and he was still cute. That’s not my fault anymore.

“I like Hyo Min, too.” That’s when I realized what he was doing. He was telling me that he remembered my name. Aww, how cute.

I smiled, as he laid out his hand and took mine. Eeek. This is crazy. Shouldn’t have gotten Min Ho to go. Now I’m never getting out of this.

----------------------------

 

Okay, fast forward a bit. Still flashback, though.

 

There I was, totally wrought over choosing between staying with Min Ho or moving biases to Tae Min. I walked up and down Eun Jung’s apartment.

“I mean, Tae Min is still young and got so much to go and sooo hot while he’s at it, but Min Ho is just... just... he’s just sooo hot and cute and crazy and hot and, wait, did I already tell you he’s hot or what? But, yeah he’s hoooot.”

“Okay, it’s just biases.  You can always do it by mood.”

“NO. I want to be LOYAL. That’s why it’s called a bias, you uncivilized unnie.”

“Wow, what a way to degrade me. AND NOT BEING A FAN GIRL FREAK DOES NOT MAKE ONE UNCIVILIZED, YOU KNOW.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. But, who should I choose.”

“Well, how do you feel about Tae Min.”

“Well, he’s soo cute, he just gets me to say ‘I love you’ and ‘you’re forgiven’ cause of it. And I guess I really really like him. And I get this feeling that he sincerely likes me back.”

“Oh. He likes you back. Then maybe that makes him so much better than Min Ho. Anyways, how’s Lalaland?”

“What?”

“Nothing. Continue on daydreaming.”

“Whaaat?? Anyways, what should I do about him? I mean, why is it that Tae Min fell for me and Min Ho won’t??”

“Yeah. Why.” I could see that Eun Jung is losing her interest in my story. Just then, Ji Yeon’s head popped out of her bedroom.

“Unnie, why don’t you date Tae Min, get close to Min Ho then get rid of Tae Min after?”

“What?!? Am I that bad of a person to do that?”

“Well, you could make it like Tae Min was such a bad person then go crying (and seducing) Min Ho. Someone told me that boys like it when you come to them crying and they get to comfort you and stuff.”

“Ji Yeon, stop talking to that someone already,” I scolded her. She stood there, staring at her sister. Eun Jung just shrugged. Ji Yeon went back to her room. “Okay, why are you telling Ji Yeon those kind of things?”

“She needs to learn about life?”

I shook my head and stared at the TV. Okay, it’s another feature on SHINee. My eyes fix on Min Ho.

“You know, you could just do what Ji Yeon said.”

The camera close up on Tae Min. What, is this some kind of omen or something?

“Let’s make a bet.”

Eun Jung faced me. “What. What bet?”

“Well, maybe making a bet will make it less ill-intentioned or something.”

“Oh... Right! It’s not solely for Min ho anymore. Anyways, you could always make a fuss on Tae Min hitting on fans cause he’s pretty popular, you know. And maybe you could break up with him cause of that. And then you’d go crying to Min Ho.”

I looked at Eun Jung. “You’re... right...”

And I swore, she snorted. Though that doesn’t really seem supportive when what she said was totally pushing me over to doing it. “You know, your imagination sure is wild. Please bring me to your world and introduce me to your Tae Min and your Min Ho.”

“How about 100 000 won?”

“What? That’s...”

“A deal?”

Okay, I could’ve raised it to a million won, but I don’t have that much. Even if Eun Jung does. But I wouldn’t want to be in debts, right when I’m still a college sophomore.

“Okay...”

“Great. I’ll tell you when it’s time.”

I smiled at her then turned my head to the television. Now, I’m getting Min Ho and a few thousand won.

------------------------------------