Performance

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

 

Youngsaeng's POV

 

The next two days, Eun Hee was feeling better but still running a slight fever.

" Appa...appa...appa..." Eun Hee whined.

" Waeyo?" I asked the obvious.

" Tomorrow is my performance... I'm very nervous."

" Don't be, you'll sing well."

" Aniyo appa.. What I meant is..you know what I meant.. Please.."

" How are you feeling now?"

" I'm feeling okay. Jinja appa."

Then I stretched out my hand and felt her forehead. " Are you sure you're okay?"

" De I am! The temperature will go down by tonight. Promise. Please.. I really need your help now."

" Eun Hee ah, it's no use if you practice now. Your sore throat will worsen."

" Didn't you always teach me to use my diaphragm instead of my throat? Appa, that's what I need to brush up. I want a voice where I can sing very well even though I'm having a serious sore throat."

" De de de, don't strain your voice de? Come, let's go into the music room. We'll practice there."

" Yay!! Appa jjang!" She jumped around and ran up to the music room.

" Aish this girl.. She is indeed recovering." I chuckled and mumbled under my breath.

After half an hour...

" Eun Hee, don't keep clearing your throat. It doesn't help, in fact it will cause abrasion in your throat. Just sing out, don't bother if your voice crack, we'll work from there," I adviced her.

I purposely played a short lullaby an octave higher than the original.

" Sing. In this octave."

She sang, it wasn't that bad. Just that.. I could feel that she was straining a little.

" Come come, breathe. You need to learn to breathe properly."

I taught her the correct way to breathe, to sing and to tune. After an hour, finally, she got everything.

" Okay, now just remember whatever I said, sing that lullaby again. Just that phrase. Make it as clear and as sharp as possible."

She did it. I clapped and pat her head. " De, good! Wah..your voice is even nicer than mine now.."

" Aniyo. Appa, I will demonstrate my solo part for you once then you sing once after that de?"

I nodded. She started and ended beautifully. " Your turn. Make it even higher."

" Yah Eun hee, the original pitch is already so high, how am I suppose to go higher? I'm a man, not a lady."

" Okay okay then just sing in that original pitch."

I followed her lyrics and ended off at a pitch higher. Her expression was priceless.

" Appa, teach me teach me, how did you do that ending pitch??"

" Ani ani, I did that on purpose, you're not suppose to do that at your performance tomorrow."

" Then after my performance, teach me."

" De de de.."

Suddenly, there was a soft knock on the door. Eun Hee opened and noticed the twins were smiling at the door.

" Yes?" I ask and smiled.

" Appa... Can we come in as well?"

" De come in."

As usual, Yoon Eun will choose to sit on my lap instead of the stools at the side.

" Eunnie ah.. There is a stool over there for you. I need to teach unnie now. Go there for a while hmm?"

" Appa... I don't want..." She whined.

" Ehh Yoon Eun.. Go away, appa is busy teaching me now," Eun Hee shooed her away.

" Appa... Please, I won't disturb."

" De de, sit here and don't talk."

Then I went back to train Eun Hee while Yoon Saeng quietly sat on the stool at the side.

We called it a day when Eun Hee felt tired.

" Yoon Saeng ah, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet over there?" I ask softly.

" Appa, is omma coming back now?"

" Soon. Waeyo?"

" Erm.. Appa can I ask you something?"

" De?"

" Why did you punish omma?"

" De?? She complained to you?"

" You always say omma is the best lady in the whole universe..but why are you ignoring her now?"

" Eiiish I didn't ignore her. Who says that?"

" Omma."

" She ah.. Aigoo.."

" Appa, give her a hug later de??"

" Andwae! Little kids shouldn't be involved in this."

" Omma just wants a hug. She didn't say it, but that day, I was watching my cartoon and that bear hugged the other female bear. So I ask omma why you have never hugged her, she said you are not suppose to do anything to her this month. You're ignoring omma?"

" Yoon Saeng, that's just a cartoon. You can't relate it to real life."

" But.. Appa and omma is married right? That bear and female bear were also married. That's what the show said.."

" Andwaeyo Andwaeyo. Come come, let's go out now. Eun Hee, you need to eat your medicines now. All go out."

--------

 

The door opened and Gill came back.

" Omma!! You're back!" Yoon Eun screamed.

" De, Eun Hee how are you feeling now? Better?"

" De."

" Appa!! Go now! Omma is waiting!" Yoon Saeng pestered.

" Me? What am I waiting for?" Gill puzzled.

" You watch too much cartoon Yoon Saeng," I shook my head.

" But that bear-"

" Okayokay I do it I do it." Then, I walk up to Gill and hugged her lightly and released in just a few seconds.

" Yah! What are you doing in front of the kids?" She widened her eyes and got a shock.

" Ask Yoon Saeng. He wants us to be like his cartoon bears."

Gill laughed and went up to Yoon Saeng and carried him up. " You should have done that earlier.." She whispered into his ears.

" It won't work.." I replied and she got a shock at how I managed to eavesdrop.

-----------

 

The next day, just before Eun Hee went to school, Gill took her temperature again.

" You're still running a slight fever you know? Ottoke?"

" Slight omma. Just slight.. I'll be okay."

" Pinky promise?" Gill stuck out her pinky and ask.

Eun Hee interlocked her pinkie with hers and went to wear her shoes.

" Eun Hee, sing well ne? Don't strain your voice, just follow what I said, nothing should go really wrong. Don't be nervous, just have fun on the stage and sing. Hmm? You aren't feeling well so just try your best. Don't put too much stress on yourself. Omma and I will be there to support you later, okay?" I squat down in front of her and told her gently.

" De appa. It starts at 6pm. Don't be late. You know where our school auditorium is right? It will be held there. Sonsaengnim says parents just have to show these two entry pass and you'll be allowed in."

" De de we won't be late. Concentrate in class, don't worry about your performance yet arraseo?" Gill instructed.

" Arraseo omma. Annyeong!" She waved us goodbye and board her schoolbus.

---------

 

At 530pm, we were on our way to Eun Hee's school.

" Is Eun Hee's solo part very difficult to sing?" Gill asked.

" De, quite. It's really high."

" Ahh.. Aish, she isn't feeling well.. I'm worried for her."

" Don't worry, she will be alright."

" So how would the whole performance be like? Did Eun Hee tell you?"

" She said it will be a story-based performance. As the story is being read, the choir will sing where necessary. Then one person from each sectionals are picked out to do the solo, so means, Eun Hee got the highest and the most difficult part of the solo piece."

" Wow.. So it's something like a musical?"

" Kind of.. Just that, it's a more..erm..choir style."

" Interesting.."

" De, actually in her part of the song, it's very hard to prevent oneself from straining his/her voice.. Even I find it hard to sing her part properly. But Eun Hee has a very strong yet sweet voice. I'm sure she can do it."

" How does her solo sound like?"

" Hear it later. It's going to be THIS high." I sang that 'this' in that high pitch.

" We won't be singing that high in our song right? Our own composed song for the kids..."

" Of course not. It's crazy to reach that note throughout the song. And..dear, you know a girl's voice is usually higher than a guy's voice right? So you have to go a little higher than mine, in that original pitch."

" Higher than yours? Mwo?! I'm not Eun Hee!"

" De de, exactly that tone. You speak in a higher pitch whenever you raise your voice, so just sing it loudly during the recording, it will sound higher than your original."

" Stress..."

" I will go at my original, so you don't have to worry."

" Lower please. Make it as low as possible. Aish, just auto tune my voice."

" Andwae. Nothing will be autotuned."

" Then you have to sing lower in order for me to stick to my original pitch."

" See how the lyrics goes first, I'll tell you which pitch to use at different stanzas." 

She nodded and smiled when we reached Eun Hee's school.

--------

 

Gill's POV

 

" Yah yah, don't sit in front, we'll give Eun Hee lots of stress if she sees us. Let's sit further back." Saengie dragged me to the back of the auditorium.

We got a seat and waited for the performance to start.

" Wow luckily, only parents are allowed. If not, you will hear lots of screaming like, Wahh Youngsaeng oppa is invited to come and watch the performance as well! Blablabla.." I laughed and told Saengie.

" De. I'm actually feeling quite anxious for Eun Hee. Kyaa..."

" Now you know how fans feel at the audience seat while waiting for your concert to start?"

" De, I went for other celeb's concert as well,as a fan. I know how that feels."

" Hmm... Okay, it's starting.."

The lights dimmed down and the narrator started. The choir was at the side, standing by.

As the story was read, the choir started to sing. They were really good.

Soon, the alto soloist came out and did her solo.

" Yeon Hee, remember her?" Saengie turned and told me.

" De de, she came to our house to complete a project with Eun Hee that day. Wow, she was picked to be her section soloist as well."

Yeon Hee pulled off that part of the song really well. Everybody clapped. Then, the bass and tenor soloist did a duet, acapella. It was rather amusing how two boys could have such a great coordination with each other. 

Lastly, it was the soprano's soloist. Both of us could sense Eun Hee's nervousness, not because she was afraid she couldn't sing well, but we knew that she wasn't feeling well to begin with.

When she started her part, everybody stunned and widened their eyes in shock. Her part was indeed really difficult to sing. Saengie nodded in satisfaction and smiled.

After her solo part ended, the whole auditorium was filled with thunderous applause.

" Wahh she sang really well.." I clapped and complimented.

" De, it was really beautiful... Her mistake was so subtle that nobody realized."

" There was a mistake?"

" De, she went a teeny weeny bit off-tuned at a part. Not everyone is able to catch that though.. I'm a singer myself, so I was able to detect that. But I admired how she pulled her solo part off really really well even after that mistake. It was sung really beautifully, no straining at all, wahh indeed my daughter."

I chuckled and nodded in agreement. Honestly, I have never really heard Eun Hee sing, so this performance really struck me as a great surprise. I actually have another girl with an angelic voice at home.. How nice.

After a few minutes, the performance ended. All the parents waited outside the auditorium to fetch their kids home.

The kids changed out from their performance suit and ran up to their parents. Eun Hee just frowned and walked up to us.

" Appa..." She called and tears started rolling down her cheeks. Saengie quickly squat down and hugged her.

" Eii waeyo? Don't cry, you did really well."

" Aniyo..I..I went..off..off tuned.. I could..have..have done better.." She sniffed and stammered.

" Aniyo, nobody heard that. Eun Hee ah, jinja, you done so much better than the practices we had for the past few weeks. Omma and I are really proud of you."

" But..if..if I wasn't ill... I could..could  have sang..it perfectly.."

" It's already perfect. Everybody was so amazed by your solo you know? It was really well done," I squat down and consoled as well.

" De, Eun Hee, come look at me. You sang really beautifully just now, I didn't expect those standards to come out from your mouth. You're better than me. Way better. Hmm..looks like I need to book you for vocal trainings next time hmm? Eun Hee Sonsaengnim?" Saengie tried to cheer her up.

She finally smiled. We wiped off her tears and pat her head.

Then, a group of parents passed by us and flashed their thumbs up at Eun Hee. " Your daughter really has talents. She sang so beautifully." They commented.

" Kamsahamnida. See Eun Hee, even they said it was nice isn't it?"

" Aigoo, why is she crying?" One parent asked in concern.

" Aniya, she wasn't satisfied with her performance just now.."

" Aish, miss soprano soloist, you have a voice of an angel, I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. There is no need to feel upset about it. You did really well," That parent pat her back and praised.

Eun Hee smiled and thanked. Then, we headed to our car.

" So, little angel, as a reward for your hard work and great performance, we shall have dinner at an Italian restaurant de? There is a very famous one just a few blocks away," Saengie suggested.

" Cheongmal?? Appa, is it the restaurant that is combined with the ice cream parlour??" Eun Hee suddenly brightened up. Since that day we saw her, she already had a fascination for ice creams.

" De, we could go for ice cream as well after that."

" Eun Hee is still running a slight fever, she can't eat ice creams yet," I reminded.

" Omma! I'm perfectly fine now. Feel my forehead."

I felt her forehead, and her temperature indeed decrease to normal. " But you just recovered didn't you?"

" Omma! Okay okay I shall not choose any heaty flavours, I will choose those really light flavors de de omma??" She pestered.

" Like?"

" Strawberry!"

" De de come, kaja kaja," Saengie held her hand and went off.

I ran up to hold Eun Hee's free hand and off we headed to that restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

2nd update! :)) I have quite a lot of pre written chapters now so I guess I'll have to speed things up by posting two chapters each time I update? Lol if not things are not going to end >.< Anyway, hope you enjoy those two boring ( I admit) chapters. Next two chapters will be on Kyu-Yeemin's marriage preparation and Gill's using her second chance wahahaha. :D 

 

@ Areu501

Haha Yee Min will take especially good care of Kyu oppa. Keke so don’t worry unnie! ^^ The punishment is going to end soon haha. Gill is gonna slowly use up all her chances before she allow that punishment to past. LOL. Thankyu for commenting unnie! ^o^

@ aYi_foRevEr501

Hahaha love makes wonders.. Yeah, let’s just hope fate brings the sisters together again. >.< Wahh glad your relationship with your siblings are improving! ^^ Yups, KyuJongie will! (: So everytime they start bickering, it will always be revolving around Youngsaengie right? Hahah KyuJongie will lose in those bickers for sure like that. YES go court Yoon Saeng! I give you my support! Hahaha (just keep it from Yoon saeng’s parents hahaha) Thankyu for commenting dongsaengie ^o^

@ moonglow

Yeah.. agree..aish~  Yups, with Kyu oppa around, it ease everything keke. Hmm.. I wonder what will happen if they switch partners some day… LOL I don’t think anything will work out >.< Yeah, both the couples are perfect the way they are hahaha. Thankyu for commenting chingu! ^o^

@ bigbangluv143

Hehe it will definitely be a beautiful one (: Yee Min deserve it ^^ haha who were you angry at before this? Extra details into their wedding? Keke okay got it! ^^ I’ll see what surprise element I can put in (: Thanks! Hahaha for now, nobody is mean to Yee Min, nobody would dare to seeing that knife on your hand hahaha. Yups, Kyu’s sister will get to know Yee Min better gradually! (: Ahhhh Jaejoong is my bias too, he is so smoking hot hahaha! But honestly, I prefer DBSK. Haha. Thanks! Same to you, all the best! ^^ The wedding scene will definitely be in one of my chapters soon (: Thanks for commenting! ^o^

@ i_candie

Woah your unnie also have a 10 years from you? Wow! That’s so cool! And the fact that she is a TS makes It even cooler!! ^^ Keke I seem to be writing Haraboji into a teenager LOL! Hahah yeah your kyuiee is the best keke. Awww yeps his possessive side make him more of a keeper right? Keke :P Hmm okay, I will consider that outing with Eun Ah at a later chapter. Thankyu! ((: Keke but I think Saengie’s bias will end up smashing the screen if they ever appear on WGM lol. YAY! Then I get to see Saengie oppa keke. Thankyu for commenting unnie! ^o^