My Little Rabbit

Time Only Chose You

 

White Rabbit (Alice In Wonderland)

-lives his life around his watch

-"I'm sure his voice should quaver, and his knees quiver" - Steve Caroll

 

I looked at him, trying to spout and create words, my mind was in a mess. My ears were ringing. Ringing. Distorting my vision. Distorting my mind. Bringing back memories. No. No.

 

I heaved, when it hitches when that man spat his first words I've heard in more than 3 months. 'How.....' he worded.

'How is my most favourite rabbit?' he all too amusingly rhetorically questioned. He knew. He knew exactly what he was doing to me. My knees shaked. I gasped. Gasped for air. Where is all the oxygen in my body. Why is it completely and uselessly escaping me. No don't let this man have his way.

 

'I've missed you so much. My little rabbit. Will you spare some time for me? We can talk.' He said in a tempting tone in a way where if a bystander were here, it would seem like he was a kind father. He took my keys forcefully pushing into the now opened door before I'm about to be dragged in. Suffering.

 

I try to breathe, but all my breaths come as disturbed hitches.

My defensive mechanism suddenly kicks in and I open my eyes

'NO!' I yelled as I tried pulling my fragile wrist, I put up a fight with all my might, but his strength overcame my efforts. 'Ahh... ahh..' I heaved all too noisily for my ringing ears. He further tightens my arm with brute force which made me let out a hiss unconsciously. There's nowhere I can hide. Not even in my imagination. I can't block this out.

I can't escape. I'm over. All this that I've built up. Shattered.

 

He pulls my arm about to force his way into my sanctuary which would no longer be, he shall spread his putrid and hideous scent, claiming it as his own. I looked at him with sheer fear in my eyes before I had given up. There's nowhere I can run now. I can't shake his firm hand from mine. Everything's over...

 

Almost passing out and letting him have way with me. The perpetrator let out a strained yelp. I quickly open my eyes, hazy from tears welling up in my sockets. His slightly wrinkled face stressed in pain. His other arm was twisted behind his back by another man whose blonde hair shone not too subtly behind him.

 

I stared doe eyed as my arm is finally but hesitatingly released from the grasp of his over familiar hand. I watched on in horror as my saviour tightens his hold on my step father's twisted arm.

He tries to counter Kris' hold and use his beastly strength to release his arm, which was on par with an elephant. So what I've thought since I first met him, and finally when he finally released himself from my saviour's grasp. He quickly faced Kris from the evil man leering with his hatred filled eyes ready to attack.

I quickly go towards my saviour to somehow block any lethal blows from my nightmare embodiment of a man where then a strong and hard blow reached my left side ribcage and as I almost falter to the ground, I grab the railing beside Kris while I cup my side and concentrate not passing out.

With just this blow I'm already contemplating passing out right then and there. How pathetic. Was it maybe because I just got beaten up just the other day or was it due to my intense fear of the owner of that fist? I'd like to think it was bit of both, but mostly from the injuries from 2 days ago.. But even I know it wasn't because of that.

 

I tried calming my breathing pace before the owner of the violent fist spout profanities which I couldn't quite understand due to the overpowering beatsings in my ears, but what I know judging by his harsh and belligerent voice and tone, was that he was crying of my uselessness of existence and how everything was all my fault. I'm used to it though. But the fact that 'he' is here listening to this made me feel deep disappointment in myself for some strange reason.

 

I looked downwards in shame, him seeing this, without a word he moved in the speed of light towards the older man and grabbed his collar and continued to drag him down the stairs while I simply alertedly followed whilst unfocusedly staring at my step father's useless thrashing.

 

As we made it to the ground, the blonde haired man finally let him go and accordingly pushed him away slightly due to his insistent intolerance to Kris' manhandling.

 

The quiet man bore deadly holes into the older man, telling him to get lost with just one look.

 

I stood behind him, sharing half of my body on my saviour's, though I'm not quite sure why. Whether it was because that evil man thought that he owned me in entirety and therefore acting like a child who has lost its most favourite plaything or because he was “manhandled” by a stranger whom I am standing behind for refuge or merely because of both, because it's kind of like a double whammy in that sense, having its plaything taken away and also crushing their manly dignity. Who knows..?

 

But all I knew at this time, was that he was pissed. And when he's pissed, the person in his red eyes cannot escape him. Not ever.

 

I had no idea what to do. Should I tell him to run away while I become the sacrificial lamb? Because this can't go on for too long and also at this point, I won't be able to escape, so atleast him....


I slightly go closer to the blonde haired covered ear to desperately urge him to run. But before I can, it is too late.

 

My step father is already lunging at the man protecting me and before I knew it a palm to my chest blew me backwards where I unexpectedly fell whilst still watching the now scuffle to happen.

 

My breathing became hoarse as I try to yell to stop. But it didn't reach them. Nor did it even reach me. All I heard was the violent ruffling of clothes and yelling on my step father's part. Shouting. Shouting profanities directed straight at my saviour. Where he said nothing but tried to defend himself from the other's violent punches, all I heard was the sound of violence, hatred and fear.

 

I slowly and lifelessly crawled to my step father's foot and grasped it before he was planning on kicking the other, I clung for dear life for him to stop. Please stop. Please stop. Stop. STOP!! I yelled before he faltered for one second where then Kris found the opportunity to punch him square in the face and in turn me releasing his leg making him stumble backwards violently and before I knew it he tripped backwards and fell towards the thick and rusty light post right behind us.

 

I watched on speechlessly my mind was hazy trying to register what just happened until my eyes grew wide and before I could say anything my throat choked up and I could not take my eyes away from his drooped form.

 

Blood. Blood everywhere. His eyeballs rolled back into his skull. Blood. Blood everywhere. His face quickly became deathly pale. There was silence. Death. Blackness.

 

My eyes fixated in horror never ripping my sight away from his increasingly pale and blood stained face until I lost my clear vision due to the fast accumulating tears welling up in my eyes.

 

I felt anxiety build up to my stomach working up to my heart up to my throat. Before I had flashbacks of the said man in front of me choking me when I was 15. No matter how much I yelled how much I cried to stop. He wouldn't stop. Until I told him what he wanted to hear.

 

I killed him.

 

The man who haunts my sleeping form and my waking life. Was I free? I thought. No. No that isn't right at all. This man is going to appear in my dreams even more often for the rest of my life.

 

I won't be able to live anymore until one day I will also kill myself...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was slightly short??? But i promise for a longer chapter next ;);)

Thank you all for your comments!!! SERIOUSLYYY MUCH APPRECIATEDD! And also constructive criticism is VERY welcome :) 

What will happen after this for poor yeollie? What will he do??!!