Dirt on his face...

Time Only Chose You

 

I walked out of my apartment and locked my door, settled my muffler covering my ears and mouth whilst taking a breath of the cold air and made my way to those same old stairs, and that same old footpath to get the main street to my uni. My feet trudged while slightly scraping the gravel with the heel of my shoes, I shoved my cold hands into my big coat pockets and looked at the same old playground with the same old toddlers with that twinkle in their eyes of innocence and being untainted by the world. I was jealous.

 

I finally met the intersection where there were bustling with people on their phones, couples hooking eachother's arms together and giggling, the bakery in the corner of the intersection with the nice baker that always feeds the homeless person in front of his shop. Same old. As I was about to cross the intersection, I don't know whether it was out of impulse, reflex, boredom, curiosity or even fate?

 

I shifted my eyes to the homeless person, something I don't usually do because first of all, that's rude, second, it's uncomfortable if they ask for money, and thirdly, because this person may be able to see through me, through my facade of flippancy and may be able to see me for who I really am, the lost spark in my eyes and the pity that'll come with it. I sometimes think, I'm just paranoid, You're crazy Chanyeol! No one can possibly see through this facade that you have adopted and honed for 21 years of your life. But then I think, maybe the people who have nothing, whether they've lost everything or had nothing to begin with, can also recognise or distinguish the other people who are just like themselves.

 

That is what I think is the scariest thing in the world. I'd rather people around me thinking I'm just a one dimensional simpleton than own up and let people know of the ugly beast in me.

 

But I'll say that it was out of curiousity, and downcasted my eyes to meet with the sight of the homeless man who had been ignored by many, who had been feeding himself by the bread the baker so charitably spared for him. To my surprise, he was not as rugged as I thought he would be. Even though his eyes were closed, and his face had a bit of dirt on his face, I can see that he's quite groomed and had no facial hair. Judging by the man's features he looks quite good looking, now I just have to see what his eyes look like.

 

Subconsciously I stared and stopped in my tracks and stood in front of the man, before I knew it, his head had lifted and as he slowly moved his head up his eyes slowly opened until it was met with mine. Those striking brown orbs stared straight at mine, he looked so defiant, his eyes glistened, nothing like mine. He looked like he went to battle, who was he fighting? I thought, while his wild eyes didn't bat even once as soon as he laid his eyes on mine. Nothing that I had expected, I completely froze.

 

I was expecting a man that has lost everything, that had completely lost all his dignity and diminished beauty in his eyes. Certainly, this person isn't something or someone I wanted to see. His features was sharp yet soft, eyes stern but had a gentle gleam, his lips slightly dry but plump. This man, was not a homeless person. Who is he?

 

The sounds of the intersection beeping to cross intruded into my brain and I shook a little quickly looking away from this man and quickly recollecting my thoughts and quickly sped across the road. Too embarassed to look around or back at the stranger, but somehow I knew, he was staring as I walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly short :P ... sorry.. as i said in the description, it's gonna go slowww~ but i promise that it'd be sweet.. :)

comment and subscribe and gimme some love  :D