7

Search

 

Ugh,” Kahe moaned as she opened her eyes. She saw Seqr hovering over her with a concerned face. She sat up and looked around. She was in a hospital room. Why was she in here? What happened? Seqr soon bombarded her with questions.

 

“Are you okay? Do you remember anything? Do you need anything? Water? Food?”

 

“Seqr?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Kahe slowly stood up and spotted Heios in the corner, sleeping. Oh, so this was Halib's room? There was light coming from the window. Morning, thought Kahe.

 

“How long was I sleeping?” she asked.

 

Seqr answered reluctantly, “Three days.”

 

Kahe's eyes shot open. “Three days!?” she screamed. Now she was completely awake. She couldn't believe that she slept for three days! And her mission! She was taking too long here. Her screaming eventually woke Heios up. He groaned grumpily and shakily stood up.

 

“Can't a person get some sleep here?” he grumbled, rubbing his eyes. Kahe rolled her eyes and walked up to him. Heios eyed her and stepped back because she was too close, way too close.

 

“Um, personal space much?” he said, backing off. But Kahe wouldn't listen and kept coming closer.

 

“Did you heal me?” she asked. He looked away, avoiding eye contact with her.

 

“Y-yeah. What about it?”

 

Kahe stepped back and smiled softly. “Thanks.”

 

His eyes widened. “You're welcome.”

 

“Okay, too much mush and bleh going on here,” Seqr cut in. Kahe laughed while Heios glared at her.

 

“So are you coming with us?” Seqr continued. Heios looked down and back at Seqr. He looked beyond her and gazed at his brother. I need to heal him first, he thought.

 

“Let me heal my brother first,” he said, walking towards Halib. He touched his face and smiled lightly. You're gonna be much better after this, Halib, thought Heios.

 

“By the way, the mind spirit said they will transfer Halib to the training district after he's healed so he can be checked up on,” Seqr said. Heios's head shot up as he heard the news.

 

“Really?” he cried in glee. Seqr vigorously nodded. Heios grinned widely and turned towards Halib. He waved his hand over Halib and it started to shine like before. He put in all of his feelings in his hand and closed his eyes. He remembered all the memories of him and his brother together. The happy and sad ones. The light surrounded Halib like a cocoon. The whiteness of his face disappeared and a layer of light brown took over his entire body. His lips became more pinker and full. His hair changed from gray to midnight black. His breathing became even and stable. Halib opened his eyes and blinked groggily. He turned his head and saw Heios and his glowing hand.

 

Suddenly, Heios gasped and keeled over, coughing. Kahe rushed to his side and helped him sit. Halib scurried off the bed and crouched next to Heios. He lifted his brother up and set him down on one of the chairs. Kahe glanced at Halib and scanned him. The boy looked like he was in a health program or something. He didn't look like he was sick at all. He looked so fresh and . . . new.

 

“Are you . . . okay?” Kahe slowly asked. Halib sheepishly looked at Kahe and smiled. Cute, thought Kahe. She mentally shook her head. Stop thinking weird thoughts. He's Heios's brother!

 

“Yeah, never felt better,” he answered, chuckling. Heios opened his eyes and saw Halib, healthy like before. He smiled and touched his brother's face. Halib slightly stiffened at the sudden touch but relaxed after seeing it was his brother.

 

“Having fun there?” laughed Halib as Heios continued to his face. He was healthy again. Heios sighed in relief. Finally, he thought. Suddenly, the ground slightly shook. But everybody felt it. What the . . ., thought Kahe. They all ran to the window except for Heios. Seqr first spotted a huge group of people heading towards the hospital. Kahe jumped up and down to see what was happening. She smiled as she recognized the familiar flag of the training district.

 

“Is that from the Palace?” Seqr uncertainly asked.

 

“Yup!” Kahe cheerfully answered.

 

“They're here to get you, Halib,” Seqr said to Halib. He turned to her with wide and scared eyes. Kahe snickered at his expression.

 

“Why?” he asked, backing away.

 

“Don't be silly!” Seqr grinned. “They're not going to hurt you. They're here to transfer you to the Training district to be watched and monitored. Just in case something happens.”

 

“Ah, now I get it,” mumbled Halib. Seqr laughed out loud while Halib glared at her.

 

“You would be scared too!” Halib argued.

 

“I was joking, Halib! We're gonna be great friends! I just know it!” Seqr said, throwing an arm around him while she messed up his hair. Halib just struggled to get out of her grip and pouted at the same time. Kahe just wanted to pinch his cheeks and hug him. He was too cute! She shook her head to get rid of those thoughts when something touched her. She whirled around and came face-to-face with Heios who had a determined face.

 

“When are we leaving?” he asked, not looking at Kahe. He was trying hard not to smile as Kahe beamed. Another one! Yes! Kahe thought happily.

 

“Today. As soon as Halib leave, we can go,” Kahe replied. “Or do you wanna pack something first?” she added.

 

“Yeah, give me half an hour to pack,” Heios answered, still keeping a straight face. Kahe frowned. I wonder if he's . . ., she thought, trailing off.

 

“Hey, are you ticklish?” asked Kahe. He looked at her with surprised eyes. What kind of question is that? Heios thought.

 

“Um, yeah, why?” he said uncertainly. Kahe began to smile deviously. She started tickling Heios's sides hard. He squirmed as her hands found their way to his waist, his most ticklish part. He started laughing and chortling as she kept tickling him. Heios fell on the floor, Kahe behind him continuing her evil act. Halib and Seqr turned around to see what the commotion was and dropped their jaws as they saw the weird scene before them. They looked at each other and shrugged. Halib face-palmed while Seqr smirked at Kahe. Oh god, that girl, she thought embarrassingly.

 

“S-stop! S-stop t-tickling me!” Heios struggled to shout but stuttered in a normal voice.

 

“You're face is so funny!” Kahe said as she kept tickling him. Heios had enough. He grabbed her hands in a desperate effort and flipped them over. He was on top while she was at the bottom.

 

“You lose,” he whispered as Kahe's eyes widened. Heios realized what position they were in and blushed scarlet red. He was never this close to a girl. Kahe also blushed pink as she realized their position and looked away. They could both hear the giggling and whispering coming from Seqr and Halib. Heios shot a glare at his brother. Halib responded by sticking out his tongue in a playful manner. Seqr gave Kahe a grin while she glowered at her.

 

“Um. You can . . . let go of me now,” Kahe said shyly. Heios cleared his throat and blushed again. He released her and stood up, awkwardly moving his hands back and forth. Seqr snickered again. Idiots, she thought.

 

Kahe stood up and cleared at the awkward air. The door harshly slid open, revealing the group of guards who were outside the hospital. Kahe and Heios sighed in relief. Saved, they both thought. Unfortunately, they both heard each other's sighs. They looked at each other and blushed. Halib saw this and sniggered. Heios heard it and slapped him in the head. He cried in pain and pouted at his brother. Heios smirked and looked away.

 

“We're here for Halib. Where is he?” one of the guards said. They all pointed at Halib who bashfully waved at them. The guard nodded and motioned for him to come over. Halib quickly hugged his brother and saluted at Seqr. She saluted back with a joking smile. Halib walked towards Kahe and hugged her tightly. She hugged back and whispered comforting words to him. He broke the hug and walked to the guards who quickly surrounded him.

 

“Bye!” he shouted as they started exiting the room. Silence came soon to the three people. They looked at each other not knowing what to do or say. Finally, Kahe sighed and spoke up since she was their leader and chosen one.

 

“You should pack up your stuff, Heios. We'll wait for you at the edge of the city,” Kahe said. Heios nodded curtly and left the room. Seqr gave a knowing smile to Kahe as she made her way over to her. She nudged her side and taunted her at how close they were and how cute they looked together.

 

“Seqr! That was just an accident!” Kahe cried for tenth time. Seqr kept poking her and making kissy noises. Kahe sighed in irritation and rubbed her temples.

 

“Fine, fine. But I'm still watching yoooouu!” she sang, blowing a kiss to Kahe and exiting the room. Kahe glared at her in disgust and annoyance.

 

Oh god, she thought, following Seqr.

 

Last update for today! I don't like silent readers! Please comment and share this story to other users and readers!