4

Search

 

Seqr nodded slowly and put the necklace around her neck. She squinted at it closely and saw that the pinwheel was spinning really fast that it didn't look like it was spinning at all. She showed it to Kahe who also looked at it really closely. Kahe didn't see anything but a pinwheel. She cocked her head at Seqr and shook her head.

 

“You don't see it?” Seqr asked, shocked. She looked at it again and saw the wheel spinning. She blinked her eyes to see if she was dreaming. She wasn't. It was clearly spinning.

 

“Maybe only the reincarnation can see it,” Kahe offered.

 

“Stop with the reincarnation! I have a name!” Seqr exclaimed.

 

“Fine! Maybe only Seqr can see it. Happy?”

 

“Whatever,” Seqr said, waving her hands in dismissal. “But can you explain why I have powers and why you keep calling me reincarnation?”

 

“Okay, I met the twelve spirits and they told me that they transferred half their powers to twelve families,” started Kahe as they walked. “The twelve families kept the power and passed it on to the next generation until the right son or daughter comes that can fully harness their power.”

 

Seqr nodded as Kahe paused. So my family had the power and they gave it to me? Seqr thought. Why?

 

“So I have to find all twelve as quickly as I can so the twelve spirits before war comes with the Red Shadow,” Kahe explained. Seqr's mouth flung open. War?!

 

“War?!” Seqr shouted. She wasn't ready for war. Not yet. She couldn't even control her powers let alone use it.

 

“Relax. It's not gonna happen until two to three years from now,” Kahe soothingly said, glancing at Seqr's panicky self. “In that time period, I have five to six months to find all twelve and another year for training.”

 

“Training?” Seqr exclaimed, turning more scared and hysterical.

 

“Chill, Seqr. You're gonna do awesome. The spirits themselves are gonna train you,” Kahe said, putting her hand on Seqr's shoulder. The statement just made Seqr more terrified.

 

“They're gonna train me?” Seqr screamed, holding her head. “What if I fail? What if I can't do it? What if I can't control my powers?”

 

Kahe sighed and grabbed Seqr's shoulders. She began to shake Seqr over and over until Seqr's eyes were white and she was flailing her arms.

 

“S-stop K-Kahe! Y-you're m-m-making me d-d-d-dizzy!” Seqr sputtered out. Kahe stopped shaking her and smiled innocently. Seqr wobbled as her head kept spinning and spinning. She stumbled forward, and Kahe caught her as she fell.

 

“Sorry about that. I was trying to stop you from being all scared and stuff,” Kahe said, setting Seqr back on her feet. She glared slightly as Kahe and sighed. Her head was still throbbing and thumping.

 

“R-right. Just d-don't do that a-again,” Seqr stammered. Kahe nodded and they continued walking. Kahe took out her map when they reached the outskirts of the town. She stared at the possible routes they could take and picked out the shortest one. Their next stop was Olapac City, the twin of Rukela. She took out the symbols bag and saw another symbol glowing. She picked it up and described it as a unicorn. Unicorns were extinct magical creatures that had healing powers in their blood. So the healer is next, Kahe thought. Seqr stared at the necklace and snatched it from Kahe's hand.

 

“Hey!” Kahe yelled, trying to get back the necklace. Seqr held it up her head as Kahe jumped to get it. Curse my short height, Kahe angrily thought.

 

“I just wanna look at it!” Seqr argued. Kahe looked at her suspiciously but gave up. Seqr put her hand down and examined the necklace. Suddenly the unicorn's eyes opened, making Seqr gasped. The healer will not agree, the unicorn said in Seqr's mind.

 

“Oh my gosh! It just talked and opened its eyes!” Seqr screamed, almost dropping the necklace.

 

“What?” Kahe said, rolling her eyes. Probably imagining things, she thought.

 

“Look! The eyes!” Seqr said, showing it to Kahe. She looked at it but noticed nothing. Kahe glanced at her in exasperation.

 

“Are you okay? Maybe I shook you too hard,” Kahe mused.

 

“You don't believe me?” Seqr said. Kahe shook her head but was curious on what it said.

 

“What did it say?” asked Kahe.

 

“The healer will not agree,” Seqr stated. “Do you know what it means?”

 

“Yeah,” Kahe said, her jaw tensed. “It means we have to force him to come with us.”

 

 

 

After a long silence, they were almost there. They could see buildings popping up from the horizon. They looked like five-star hotels. Seqr whistled. That's nice, she thought wistfully. As they got closer, they saw that some of the buildings were colorful, while some were just plain white or gray. They buildings had lavish windows and doors with pretty banners and posters outside. They also saw a sign that said, 'Welcome to Olapac City, Food District', like the one Kahe saw in Rukela. But the sign was much more vivid and bright. They entered the city with bright smiles as they looked at their right and left. The city was beautiful and dynamic.

 

“Wow,” Kahe breathed. Seqr could only nod. People littered the streets. It looked like there was a festival going on with all the food stalls and opened restaurants. People were eating ice cream cones and cotton candy. There were even game booths. They stopped at a candy booth and bought some gummy bears to eat. They kept walking until the reached the center of the city. The sky was almost dark. There was a water fountain in the middle with stores circling it.

 

“We need to find a place to rest,” Kahe said to Seqr. She nodded and looked around for any building to sleep in. Kahe didn't want to go to the hotels since they were expensive. She had looked at the sign and gasped at how many zeros the price had. She had spent too much money in Rukela buying snacks and food for herself.

 

“Do you need help, ladies?” a voice laced with seduction asked behind us. We turned around and faced a group of five, really tall guys grinning at us.

 

“Um, no thanks. Now excuse us,” Kahe said, grabbing Seqr's hand and pushing her way through the group. A hand stopped her and pushed her back, almost tripping on Seqr.

 

“Nuh-uh-uh,” he playfully said, wagging his finger at me. “We're trying to help you here and you say no?”

 

“Yes, now move,” Kahe snapped with more force. The guy's face turned into an angry expression and grabbed Kahe by her hand. Kahe looked at it with disgust, let go of Seqr, and grabbed his collar. She gathered poison on her hand and the collar started melting. He scrambled back as Kahe let go of his now-gone collar. Kahe smirked and dusted her hands. Soon, the other four guys were surrounding her, smiling and cracking their knuckles.

 

“You want more, huh?” Kahe said, producing a ball of poison from each of her hand. “Seqr, teleport out of here and find a place to sleep,” whispered Kahe.

 

“You shouldn't have done that,” one of the guys hissed.

 

“No! I can help!” Seqr insisted. She closed her fists and did a fighting stance, her expression turning into a fierce look. Kahe just stared at her with her eyebrow raised. The whole thing just seemed laughable and the guys agreed. They fell over themselves laughing and chortling. Seqr glared at them and continued to do her weird pose.

 

“You look ridiculous,” Kahe declared. Seqr stopped and looked at her with naive eyes, and one of the guys took her distraction as an opportunity to attack. Kahe's eyes widened and she was about to throw it when a voice stopped her.

 

“What are you doing?” a voice said. The person stepped out from the shadows and walked towards the guy who was about to attack Seqr. He grabbed his hand and swiftly flipped him over his shoulder. The guy groaned and rolled over.

 

“Boys shouldn't attack girls, Goler. Tell that to your goons over there,” the guy said sweetly.

 

“Whatever, Heios,” Goler said, spitting on his shoe. “Come on, let's go.”

 

All five of them walked away, two supporting their leader. Kahe waved at them happily and grinned. She was about to thank the person who saved them when he turned to her with an evil smirk.

 

“Look what the cat dragged in,” he said. “And it's an ugly and dirty one.”

 

Seqr dropped , so did Kahe, but she recovered quickly with a smile. “Funny, I thought the same about you,” Kahe replied sarcastically, blinking her eyes innocently. His smirk disappeared. Seqr stifled a laugh and shifted her gaze to Kahe's bag to avoid eye contact with Heios. Her jaw dropped. The bag was gleaming with white light.

 

“Watch your mouth, girl. Or I'll rip it out,” he growled.

 

Kahe smiled. “Aw, it looks like someone needs a hug.”

 

“Um, Kahe, your bag is glowing,” Seqr quickly whispered.

 

“What?” Kahe whispered back, glancing at her bag. Her eyes widened and quickly hid the bag behind Seqr.

 

“Why is it glowing?” hissed Seqr, eyeballing Heios.

 

“He's next. The healer.”

 

Fourth Chapter is out! Wait for the next update!