6

Search

 

You're very pretty, chosen one,” the Red Shadow said, grinning. Kahe looked at him with disgust and and loathing.

 

“Shut your mouth before I rip it apart,” growled Kahe.

 

“Feisty, huh?” he commented, hopping off his Orex. He landed gracefully and walked towards her. She moved back one step and glared at him.

 

“Don't you dare,” she hissed, ready to attack. He stopped walking and looked at her with amusement.

 

“I'll kill you before you find all of them,” he murmured before running towards her with full speed. Having fast reflexes, she quickly dodged his first punch and blocked the second. He backed away with a huge smile on his face.

 

“So you can fight, huh?” he asked.

 

“Duh. Are you dumb or what?” Kahe replied. He didn't answer the question but attacked again. It was the same pattern. Attack then defend. Kahe's plan was to tire him out and then use her powers to finish him off. She could already see him slowing down. She kicked him and ran away to a secluded place. She reached an alleyway and ran into it. Dead end. She turned around and got ready to attack as the Red Shadow caught up with her.

 

“You're trapped. Might as well surrender,” the Red Shadow said behind Kahe. She whipped around and glared at him. He just smiled cheerfully. Kahe ran towards him at full speed and swiped at his face. He ducked and appeared behind her. He grabbed her head, but she avoided his arm and blasted him with a powerful attack of her poison. He bellowed in pain and fell on his knees. He cursed and shakily stood up, glaring at Kahe. His animated and easy-going personality was completely wiped away and replaced with a more darker and cruel self.

 

“You shouldn't have done that, Kahe,” he whispered, menace and anger in his voice. He raised his hand and the ground began to shake and rumble. The ground opened up, a huge branch spiraling its way to the top. Chlorokinesis. The power to control plants. The gigantic limb stretched towards Kahe, quick as a cheetah, and slashed her. She rolled and ducked under the swinging arm and shot poison at it. It hissed and sizzled and the Red Shadow withdrew the branch. He shot a dirty look at Kahe and snapped his fingers. Before she could see it, a vine s its way up to Kahe's waist and wrapped itself around her. She shrieked in shock as the vine soared in the air, bringing Kahe in front of the Red Shadow's joyful face. She wriggled and moved, trying to break free from the vine's grasp.

 

“You little—!” she started when another vine wrapped around , muffling her screams and shouts. The vine around her was squeezing tightly as time passed. Her lungs were running out of breath and she had to breathe through her nose, which was thankfully not covered by the other vine.

 

“This is the end, chosen one. No one is going to save you. No one.”

 

Her eyes closed as she gave up. I'm going to die, she thought, preparing for the worst.

 

“Kahe!”

 

Her eyes shot open. Seqr! She looked up and saw a panting Seqr, staring at her with a horrid expression. Seqr quickly teleported behind Kahe and grabbed her, ripping the vine in the process. She teleported back to the hospital room where Heios's brother was residing. Shockingly, Heios was still there and yelped when Seqr appeared in the room.

 

“Y-you!” he spluttered, standing up. “Why are you here?”

 

“Shut up and help us!” Seqr screamed, dropping Kahe. She was already tired from using her powers from the first attack and now she had to use it again. She dropped to her knees and took in a huge breath. She kept doing it until she could breathe properly. She turned to her left and stared at Kahe who was barely breathing. She crouched beside her and felt her pulse, which was slowly beating.

 

“Do something!” yelled Seqr. “She can't die!”

 

“I-I don't k-know . . .” he muttered, clearly spooked out by what just happened. He glanced at his brother, who was still sleeping despite the ruckus Seqr was causing.

 

“Do you want to save your brother?” Seqr asked, more quietly this time. When Heios didn't answer, she got irritated and asked louder.

 

“Do you want to save him or not?!” she screamed, eyes red in anger at his stubbornness and lack of comprehension.

 

“YES! I'll do anything! Anything for my brother!” he finally snapped, dropping to his knees, tears pouring down his face.

 

With a straight face, Seqr replied, “Then heal her.”

 

“I can't—.”

 

“You can. Believe in yourself,” Seqr interrupted, smiling encouragingly at him. You can do it, Heios. You have a great power. Use it well. Heal her, and then your brother. Do it, the healing spirit said in his mind.

 

His eyes widened. What the—? He made eye contact with Seqr and she was smiling broadly, her eyes literally screaming do it, do it, do it again and again.

 

The space reincarnation is right. Believe in yourself, said the healing spirit. Heios was confused. Who was that voice talking in his head? Space reincarnation? Was he talking about Seqr?

 

Yes. I am talking about Seqr. Listen to her. She knows more than you. Heal the girl. Just wave your hand over her and build up your emotions. You need to have a strong feeling, like love.

 

Love? Heios thought. He glanced at Kahe, who was sweating bullets and shivering. Seqr was at her side, wiping her sweat and glancing at him from to time. His eyes filled with pity, worry, and guilt. I can't possibly heal her, he thought.

 

Yes you can. Stop putting yourself down. You can do it!

 

Ugh, fine! Heios thought. He approached and sat down beside Kahe. He placed his hand in front of her face and shut his eyes tightly. He concentrated and thought about saving Kahe. He had to do it in order to save his brother. His brother was his only family left in this world. I can do this, he thought. Seqr watched him furrowing his eyebrows and his lips in nervousness. You can do this, Heios, she thought.

 

Suddenly, his hand began glowing, brighter and brighter. Seqr's eyes grew wide in curiosity and wonder. The bruises and scratches on Kahe began to close up and heal, leaving no trace of any scratches on her body. The red mark on her arms too also faded from red to pink, then back to her milky skin. Seqr opened in awe and fascination. This was so cool. Better than her power. She could actually see Kahe become more beautiful and healthy. The bags from her face and the paleness of her face were being erased and replaced into cleaner and richer skin. Her breathing became even, her sweat completely gone. She looked more peaceful than ever.

 

“You . . . you did it,” whispered Seqr, still staring at Kahe. Heios nodded weakly and collapsed on the floor. Seqr gasped and went over to Heios. She turned him around and checked his pulse. Okay, he wasn't dead. Just fainted. Great, she thought sarcastically.

 

He's gonna be fine, Seqr. He just fainted because he used too much of his power. He'll wake up tomorrow if he's willing to. Either that or you may have to wait for another day there.

 

Huh? Who was that? Seqr thought, looking around. Great, she thought again. I'm going crazy.

 

It's me, the mind spirit. Sorry about this. I forgot that Kahe didn't tell you about us being able to speak in your mind. You'll get used to it as time passes by, said Mind.

 

Oooohh, thought Seqr. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. Can you read my mind if I think of something?

 

Yes, but I won't pry or look through your mind, assured Mind.

 

Thank god, Seqr thought, sighing in relief. That would be so weird.

 

Yes, I agree. Now tell Kahe to be careful next time. If Healer didn't convince him to heal her, she would have died and failed the mission. Heios must heal his brother then you can go. Also, we are going to transport his brother to the Palace where he can be monitored.

 

Got it, Seqr answered. You sure Heios is gonna be fine?

 

Yes, one hundred percent sure. Oh, Space here wants to talk to you.

 

Space? Who the heck is that?

 

Hi Seqr! I'm your spirit! Teleportation! Space happily cried. Seqr could feel her grinning when she spoke.

 

Oh, um, hello. Seqr wasn't really sure what she was supposed to say. It was awkward and weird talking to her spirit.

 

I saw what you did there during the fight against the Red Shadow and the time when you almost killed Heios. You're a quick learner. And before you said that you couldn't control it?

 

Seqr blushed. Yeah, sorry about that. Heios was just being . . . a jerk. And I don't know how I control it though. I just think that I can do it and that I have to save Kahe and stuff.

 

Ah, so you're already loyal to Kahe. The stronger your feelings are, the more you can control your power. You're doing a good job. When you come back with all of the twelve reincarnations I think it might be easy to train you since you got the basics down. And also, besides teleportation, there are other things you can do.

 

Seqr's eyes lit up. Really?

 

Yup! I can't wait to teach you everything about space! It's gonna be awesome!

 

For the first time, Seqr felt really excited and jumpy. She couldn't wait to use more of her powers besides teleportation. But she still had to find the other ten. What if they said no like Heios? And Heios! He still haven't answered yet. What if he said no? Just one word and the mission will go down the drain.

 

Believe in yourself. Believe in Heios. Believe in the other ten. And most of all, believe in Kahe. She can find the others. She will find them. Trust her. She will succeed.

 

Latest Update! Please read guys! I don't like silent readers. I was one too so comment below!