When They're Left Alone

When They're Left Alone

 

It was 12 o’clock at night. The loud ‘ding’ of the elevator echoed in the silence of the apartment as its doors opened and a very tired girl dragged her body out and down the length of the hallway. She stopped in front of a closed door, took out the key from her pocket, unlocked the door, and then ran into her house with a sudden burst of excited energy.

“YURI!~ I’m back!” The girl shouted as she entered the kitchen, but the person she was looking for was not there. “HYOYEON-UNNIEEEE!!~~~”

“TAEYEON-UNNIEEEE!!~~~” She turned around on her heels, ran towards the said girl’s room, and opened the door, but no one was there.

“Huh? WHERE’S EVERYONE?” She stopped in the doorway, thinking and listening to her voice echo through the deserted dorm.

“Yoona-ah, is that you?” Finally, someone answered her desperate calls.

“YURIIIIIII!!~~~” Yoona attacked the sleepy girl with a hug. “I’m so tired and I’m sooooo hungry! Feed me!”

Yuri chuckled at her request but her laughter was interrupt by a big yawn. Rubbing her eyes, she allowed herself to be pulled into the kitchen by Yoona who was excitedly making suggestions about foods she wants to eat.

“I’ll make you some ramen, ok? Hyoyeon didn’t cook any rice before she left, and Jessica and Tiffany finished all the bread this morning.” Yuri said monotonously, another yawn taking over her just as she finished her sentence. “How was filming?”

Yoona merely grunted from here she was slouching on the dining table. “Where’s everyone?”

“LA.”

“LA?”

“SM-Town, remember?”

“OH GOSH RIGHT!” Yoona exclaimed but then rested her head back on the table tiredly. “I wanna be there too.”

“Me too.” Yuri mumbled while frowning at the water in the metal pot. “Can’t you boil quickly? I’m starting to lose my sleepiness.”

An incomprehensible sound came from her back, attracting her attention. Yuri turned around to see Yoona pouting cutely at her and she felt all her sleepiness disappear.

“What?” She asked before briskly returning to her cooking before the girl could distract her further.

“Stay awake with me?” Yoona made another request. She stood up and dragged her feet to Yuri before back-hugging the latter and resting on her back. “Hmm? Hmm? Please?”

Yuri heaved a big sigh and shook the sleepiness out of her head, knowing that she has lost this battle. She looked up at the ceiling, squinting her eyes as if trying to find something.

“Bye bye, Mickey. I’ll see you soon when I finally fall asleep again.” She whispered quickly to the mouse in her dreams and then flashed Yoona a smile.

Yuri handed Yoona the bowl of delicious looking noodles and strode out of the kitchen. “Let’s go watch TV then.”

The two girls plopped down onto the big couch in front of the wide screen and turned it on, browsing through the channels until something caught their eyes.

“Happy Together!” Yuri exclaimed and put the remote down on the table beside Yoona’s bowl of noodles. “You went there, right? I haven’t watched it yet.”

“I don’t want to watch it.” Yoona immediately reached for the remote control but she was a second too late as Yuri has already grabbed it away.

“Nah-uh. We’re watching it and that’s that.”

“Fine… just keep in mind that… I’m sorry.” Yoona said gloomily and scooted to the other end of the couch.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked worriedly.

“You’ll see.” She mumbled before busying herself with eating.

Yoona remained quiet for the remainder of the hour while the silence was only broken by the sounds from the TV and random comments and laughter from Yuri. And then the magic word brought stillness to everything: kiss. Yuri glanced fleetingly at Yoona before focusing back on the screen. Yoona gulped and stared at Yuri, worried about her reaction. She gulped again when Yuri’s eyes widened and even whimpered slightly when Yuri’s mouth hung open in surprise.

“Y-you…” Yuri turned towards her robotically and managed to ask after much trouble,” you had a 3 minute kiss with Jang GeunSuk?!”

Yoona slowly curled up into a tight ball in the corner, worried about the latter’s reaction.

“And you DIDN’T tell me?!”

“It wasn’t really that long…” Yoona mumbled.

“WHAT?”

“A minute?” But Yuri didn’t hear her as she was staring at the kiss scene on TV.

Yoona regretted ever accepting the drama offer, but then it wasn’t like she was given a choice. What LSM wants, he gets. There was a single beep and the TV was turned off.

“Is that why you’ve been avoiding me these days?” Yuri’s tone took a 360’ turn as she scooted closer towards her girl.

Yoona looked up in surprise when she felt a light patting on her head and saw Yuri smiling widely at her. She pouted in confusion when the latter moved even closer and stared at her in the eyes.

“Awwww, my pretty actress Im is so cute.” Yuri placed a quick kiss on her girlfriend’s pouting lips.

“Y-you’re not mad?”

“We have to be professional about it, right?” Yuri heaved a big dramatic sigh. “Ok, maybe three minutes is a little too long.”

“So you’re not mad that I didn’t tell you?” Yoona asked again, frowning when she saw Yuri’s smirk.

“Maybe I’m mad… But I won’t be if you were to give me a kiss that’s twice as long—” Yuri wasn’t given a chance to finish her sentence as Yoona had placed her lips over hers in a deep passionate kiss.

Yuri smiled and placed her hands on either side of the girl’s small waist while leaned forward. Yoona willingly obliged by lying down on her back and wrapping her arms around the latter’s neck. Yuri let her weight fall slightly onto Yoona and allowed her hands to roam around the girl’s body. The kiss was slowly approaching the borderline of being too hot.

Suddenly, a loud ringing sounded in the silence, breaking the concentration of the two girls. Yoona distractedly tried to turn her head towards the TV but found herself pinned down by the latter who ignored the incoming call. Yuri slid in her leg between Yoona’s and accidently pressed the remote control with her knee.

“Hello? Yoong? Yul?” A loud familiar voice was heard from the TV.

Yoona attempted to struggle against Yuri’s strong hold again.

“Yul… Fany… unnie… call.”

But Yuri just shut her up with a kiss.

The dim room lit up with the light from the TV as the video call connected with the computer from somewhere in LA. Tiffany’s curious face could be seen on the large screen of the TV with Jessica leaning on her back lazily.

“Tiff, leave them alone. They might be asleep.” Jessica said and peeked an eye open, but she immediately became alert after seeing the heavy make out session going on back in Korea.

“YAH!”

Yuri finally lifted her body off Yoona and glared at their TV screen. Footsteps could be heard and four other heads tried to fit into the video.

“YAH! THAT’S OUR COUCH!” Taeyeon shouted and pointed an accusing finger at the couple. “How many times do I have to tell you couples to not make out on there?!”

Yuri just shrugged and yawned while Yoona hung her head down like a child being scolded. Jessica and Tiffany looked away guiltily as well.

“You two are worse than the JeTi couple!” The leader continued scolding, but then turned her head around, searching for something distractedly. “Sunny, where have those two gone to?”

“Probably back to their own room.” Sunny replied before turning towards the computer. “YoonYul!~”

The couple on the couch cringed from the cuteness overload.

“Stop making nieces and nephews for us.” She sent them a cute wink. “Behave!”

“Is that all? I’m gonna hang up now. I’m sleepy.” Yuri curtly replied and held the remote.

“Remember to make us good food when we return. I’m craving for some ddokboki.” Sooyoung quickly said from the side.

“Unnies, take care!” Seohyun added.

“BEHAVE!” Taeyeon shouted before Yuri pressed the power button and the TV screen turned black once again.

Yoona and Yuri heaved a sigh simultaneously and looked at each other.

“So where were we? They seem to have pretty high hopes for us.” Yuri turned around with a smirk.

“It’ll be sad to disappoint those high hopes, won’t it?” Yoona replied  coyly.

Yuri moved closer again, but stopped with a raised brow when Yoona shook her head. Instead Yoona pulled her down into a hug and whispered into her ear.

“You know… everyone’s away, right? It’s just the two of us tonight… the thing you’ve always suggesting?”

She looked at Yuri, her eyes sparkling with excitement and anticipation.

Yuri nodded with a victorious smile.

“Let’s do it.”

“Finally.” Yuri leaned down and closed the gap between them in a deep kiss. They broke apart after a while and smiled widely at each other. “Let’s go.”

Yuri stood up and pulled Yoona up and into her arms. They walked quickly into the room they shared and closed the door behind them.

 

~~

 

They reemerged an hour later with their arms loaded with fake cockroaches, cucumbers, and other resources for their jokester tricks. The dorm was filled with sounds of giggles, chuckles, and loud laughter as Yoona and Yuri prepared for what they deemed was going to be “the best day of the year”.

Oh, the things that happen when YoonYul are left alone at home.

 

 

Happy belated birthday to Yoona-unnie :)