It's Clear to Me Now

Little By Little~COMPLETE

 

"Open" Jiyeon said, as Joon opened his mouth widely. She picked up a marshmallow from the snack bag and tossed it as he caught it in his mouth.

 

"Good Joonie" She said with a laugh as he frowned, munching on the marshmallow. They sat at their school's bleachers, looking out at the empty running track, just hanging out and eating snacks.

 

She was glad that they were able to spend the whole month back to how things used to be,and Hyuna and her drones had finally calmed down and stopped harassing them. 

 

Yes, she still liked him, but she was happy enough being best friends again. That's how much his presence in her life mattered to her. Even if he never looked at her in a romantic light, she cherished their friendship all the more.

 

"Jiyeon. You're spacing out again." Joon pointed out, waving a hand in front of her face. She looked back at him, noticing he finished almost all the marshmallows and frowned.

 

"Sorry. But leave me some will you?" She asked, grabbing the bag back from him and eating the last one. Now it was his turn to frown.

 

"What? Ladies last right?" She said, with a laugh and got up from the bleachers, signaling it was time for them to head home. Joon grabbed her wrist, as she turned around in surprise.

 

"O-oppa. We should head home." She said, noticing his intense gaze was a bit unnerving.

 

"Hold on. Can you sit for a moment?" He asked, pleading a bit.

 

She nodded slowly and sat down, with him still holding her hand.

 

He cleared his throat a few times, losing his composure as she looked at him in confusion.

 

Then he turned back to her.

 

"Jiyeon. I know I've been the ultimate babo for the past, like five years. And I'm sorry. Hyuna was a big mistake, and us hanging out like this again, I realize..I see now that you're the only person who sees me and accepts me for me." He started off, gripping her hand more firmly.

 

Jiyeon's eyes widened.

 

"Park Jiyeon. I like you. Will, you, continue to be my best friend, and start being my girlfriend?" He said slowly, hesitatingly.

 

She blinked at him twice, letting it sink in and she slowly nodded.

 

Smiling, Joon gave her a bone crushing hug, and then kissed her deeply, as she smiled back into the kiss, disbelieving that finally, he felt the same.

 

Little by little, friendship grew into love.