Let The Claws Come Out

Little By Little~COMPLETE

"Are you seriously ting with me right now?" A girl called out loudly, when she saw Joon and Jiyeon walking through the campus hallways together, with linked arms.

 

"Calm down. Hyomin you're such a . Not that it's any of your business, but they're just friends." Another girl pointed out. Jiyeon cringed, as Joon looked at the two girls head on with a fierce look.

 

"Is there a problem?" He asked, his voice carrying over the din in the hallway. People stopped what they were doing to gape at this scene. Jiyeon tried to tell herself to stop squirming, but she couldn't help it. She knew those girls might eat her alive if Joon wasn't around. She tugged at his sleeve, begging him to stay out of it.

 

HyoMin smirked, sauntering over, and glancing at their arms. 'Actually there is. How do you end up going from that," Hyomin said, emphasizing as she pointed to Hyuna twirling her hair, her uniform skirt hiked up inches higher than what was the allowedlength, as she flirted with an upperclassman, "to this." She said with disgust in her voice, as she stared down at Jiyeon hard. 

 

"Hyomin girl is crazy. First she's eyeing her friend's ex, and now she's faking like she's defending her." A random girl said, as she overheard this. Hyomin glared at the girl who shrugged, walking off.

 

Joon's gaze on Hyomin didn't soften, and he looked like he was getting angrier, but then he smiled, scoffing. He unlinked his arm from Jiyeon's and folded his arms in front of his chest, laughing at HyoMin.

 

He shook his head. "If you think Hyuna is better than, Jiyeon, and that I lucked out, then you're wrong. For your information, Jiyeon and I are really good friends. But any guy would be really lucky to be with her." He said, smiling sincerely at Jiyeon who looked taken aback.

 

Hyomin gaped at this, as did Hyuna who overheard this in shock.

She stopped flirting with the upperclassman guy, and stomped over.

 

"What? I can get any guy in this school, with a snap of my fingers, and you're saying Jiyeon is better than me?!" Hyuna shrieked, appalled. HyoMin shook her head at this, trying to reassure her.

 

"Better, as in more class, nicer, more polite, but she knows how to fight for herself without ing about other people or laying a hand on them. She sure as hell would never get drunk at a club, and mess around with someone else." He said, as Hyuna turned pink, starting to sputter. Hyomin quickly dragged her away, giving both Joon and Jiyeon evil looks.

 

The crowd scattered as the show was over, and Jiyeon looked at Joon, still in surprise. "Oppa, what's gotten into you lately?" She asked, confused  She

 

didn't dare think that he was starting to reciprocate her feelings.

 

He smiled, squeezing her hand. "Just lucky enough to realize what a big mistake Hyuna was." He replied back, and then they said their goodbyes, parting ways to go to their classes.

 

"If you aint' got nothin' good to say then get the fu--" Lina, a friend of Jiyeon's started to randomnly sing, referring to Hyuna and Hyomin. She was cut off by Jiyeon's scolding.

 

"Im Lina. We get the point. Now come on let's get to History class." Jiyeon said, laughing lightly, as she slung an arm over her shoulder.

 

Lina sighed, but shrugged. "Fine.But what's up with you and Joon? I heard the whole thing. Ooh does he like you now?" Lina teased,as Jiyeon flushed slightly. She swatted at her friend.

 

"Stop being crazy. Come on." Jiyeon said, shrugging the thought away. She'd been through enough hurt already. Why would she get her hopes up like that?

 

Lina looked skeptical but said nothing more, as they made their way down the hallway, rushing into Professor Sung's classroom. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.