You'd be surprised

Little By Little~COMPLETE

Jiyeon ran over to HyoMin when she saw her and some of their other friends seated at the tables right outside the skating rink. 
Giving her friend a warm embrace she, HyoMin, Seungho, Choondong, and Ji Eun walked over to the skate rentals and laced up their skates. A bunch of people from different age demographics were already on the ice. Young couples, parents, little children and even a few elderly but spry people.
Jiyeon skated with Hyomin and Ji Eun for awhile catching up with one another and then skated with Seungho for a little while.
“So…Jiyeon. I’m sure this is none of my business but, why don’t you just tell you friend you like him?” Seungho asked straight forwardly.
Jiyeon abruptly stopped skating as gaped open widely, and then she closed it. She fell silent for a moment, pondering if she could play it off cooly. She didn’t think she could.
She glanced at Seungho hesitantly. “Is it really that obvious?” She asked him as they continued skating. He gave her a one armed shrug. 
“Well, just to me maybe. But you kind of had this certain look when you looked at him and whoever that girl was with him. Almost sad in a way.” He explained. 
Jiyeon squirmed a bit at this. “Oh. It’s just that..we’ve been friends for so long and I just don’t want to bring it up because of the possible ‘just a dongseng’ possibility.” She told him.
Seungho nodded slowly. “You never know though. The worst thing to do is just to keep it bottled up until you suddenly and unintentionally explode.” He advised.
Jiyeon sighed at this but knew he had a point. “I’ll think about it thanks though.” She replied. They skated back to the rest of their group of friends.
-
Later on in the evening, Jiyeon, HyoMin and BoRam sat around La Creperie, chatting amongst themselves. The place was fairly quiet for a Friday evening, so it was more relaxed.
BoRam sipped on her apple martini, and then spoke. “Okay. Who else would just listen to you completely without interruption about your problems except your girl friends?” She asked.
“No one.’ HyoMin and Jiyeon chanted simultaneously. However Jiyeon had a different thought in mind.
Joon.
He was completely and utterly patient whenever she would rant to him on whatever was on her mind. Even when she would occasionally complain about other girls. 
There was no specific word to explain how completely understanding his gaze would be when he listened.

 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.
All rights reserved.