missing you

Little By Little~COMPLETE

 

 

-

 

   Did it make her feel any stronger seeing Joon looking confused and jealous? No. If anything it just tore her up even more.

 

Jiyeon stood in front of her bathroom sink, having said goodbye to Seungho after he had walked her home. She stared at the person in front of her.

 

Her eyes were red and watery, the mascara and heavy eyeliner smudging around her eyes. She reeked of smoke, and alcohol and her hair looked just as exhausted as she felt.

 

What had become of her friendship with Joon? In the past month, their encounters with each other, text messages, phone calls, had quickly halted to a stop.

 

She had no idea how he was, how things were with Hyuna, what was going on in his life, and he knew nothing of her life currently as well.

 

Picking up a small washcloth from the towel rack, Jiyeon ran the cloth under warm water, and started wiping the makeup away from her eyes, and then wet her face, lathering her hands up with cleanser and scrubbing her face, as if to rub away everything that had happened that night.

 

Filling the bathtub with warm water, and bubbles, she waited until it was full and just the right temperature before she stepped inside, letting the warm water ease her tired body.

 

As she let herself soak in the tub, she thought back to all the times Joon had been there for her, trying not to cry.

 

~

 

   “Jiyeon ah, I know you’re going through a rough time. But whatever it is you can talk to me. I’m not leaving you.” Joon firmly said as they sat on a curb beside a dukbokki stand.

 

Jiyeon sighed and just leaned her head against his shoulder, unable to explain in exact words why she was feeling so down.

 

Joon draped an arm around her shoulder, wishing he could absorb her pain somehow, but remained silent, knowing a shoulder to cry on was what she needed the most at the moment.

 

After crying her eyes out until she was exhausted, Jiyeon sat upright, and Joon helped her stand up, as they walked to the bus stop. Once they walked inside and sat down, she fell asleep, leaning on his shoulder once again.

 

Joon brushed her hair away from her face and made sure Jiyeon did go rocking from side to side as the bus made its turns, while on its night route.

 

-

 

   After sitting in the bathtub for more than half an hour Jiyeon got out changing into her sleep clothes, and walked into her room, plopping down on her bed in misery, and staring at her cellphone.

 

She missed Joon.

 

______________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.