// e i g h t //

Be Mine

:: chapter eight ::

 

Jiyong was lying on his bed playing with his phone using his hands. He was staring blankly at his ceiling and that was actually the first time he did. He hated thinking too much. He doesn’t want to think things because he knew in thinking he would just recall how pathetic his life was and he doesn't want that. He never ever wanted to pity himself.  He heaved a sigh as he sat down and scratched his head. He then stood up and grabbed a rubber band and tied his hair as he pulled his jacket and fetched his keys. Then he went to his Ducati he doesn't know if what he was doing would make sense or if he would get something out of it but he just wanted to be at ease so even if it’s almost 11 in the evening he decided to ride his bike off to somewhere, well it’s not like he was not doing this before. He always do this; riding his bike in the midst of the night, going to clubs, going to nowhere or race for fun. This was just a normal thing but probably what made it not so normal were the place he would go and the thing he was aiming to do.

 

 

...

 

 

Another normal day on school and like usual Dara was greeted good morning by student whom she passed by and with smile she would greet back. She was feeling great today; after all she just spent her weekend with Jiyong who brought her to an amusement park. She turned beet red upon remembering what she did on the bridge. She then shook her head. Actually she got no idea why in hell did she kiss him. She doesn’t know what just happened to her. Then she saw the door of their classroom and now her steps were getting heavier. She heaved a sigh as she bit her lips.

She was trying to come up with a very good reason for her actions in case he would raise a question. She shook her head and laughed at her silliness. She knew he would not ask her or bring anything about it. As much as she wanted to avoid the topic she knew he wanted to avoid it fifty times than her. She then pulled out her smile as she went inside the classroom as greetings welcomed her with her greeting them back.

 

 

She smiled as she saw him sleeping on his seat. She then went to her seat and removed her bag. She then placed her bag on her lap and fumbled it, upon seeing what she was looking for she quickly placed her bag on the top of her desk as she shifted her body facing him. She then rested her knees on her chair, which became a habit when she was talking to him.

 

 

‘Good morning Jiyong,’ she greeted with a smile as the lad ruffled his hair as he sat down and faced her. Dara laughed a bit at him, he looked really sleepy and his hair was falling freely, it was not tied in a bun and he looked so adorable. Then their eyes met and they just drowned in it. They don’t really get it but they got a contented feeling when they looked at each other’s eyes, it was as if they could do that all day if only they can. When they stared at each other they just felt so calm, so peaceful with no particular reason at all. Dara smiled as she leaned towards him and gently put the pink beanie she bought for him. It was a pink beanie with cute eyes on it. Jiyong looked up to see small glimpse of the beanie then shifted his eyes on Dara.

 

 

Dara smiled at him as she rested her head on her arms that were resting on the back rest of her chair. She looked like a girl watching her goldfish swim in its aquarium. ‘You look adorable,’ she giggled as he just stared at him. Their classroom fell silent once more, it was as if it became natural that every time Dara and Jiyong would talk they would keep their mouth shut and they will listen to them. They don’t know why they do that but they would always feel warm listening to them. And probably because that’s the only time they would hear Jiyong talk so gently, without cursing, without gritting just his voice, just his very gentle voice.

 

 

Jiyong then grabbed something from his pocket and handed it to Dara. Dara stared at the thing he was giving her. ‘What’s that?’ she asked. ‘A phone,’ he answered simply. ‘I noticed you don’t have one. Pink is the favourite color of most of the girls, right? That’s why I chose pink,’ he added as Dara took the phone and stared at it. ‘But I don’t know how to use a phone,’ she said honestly.  She never really used any phone before, she doesn’t need one and she never wanted to.

 

 

Jiyong then gestured for her to come near to him. She stood up and followed. Jiyong pulled the chair of his seatmate since he was not there yet and made Dara sit on it as he pulled it real close to him. Dara handed Jiyong the phone and without wasting seconds Jiyong flipped it open as he started explaining Dara the basics. Dara was listening to him carefully as he explained since he was not really a talker he would explain it in brief words. She would eagerly nod at his explanation. After explaining things Jiyong handed her the phone.

 

 

‘Isn’t this expensive? How much is this so I can pay you?’ she asked. Jiyong stared at her. ‘Just take it and be thankful okay?’ he said as he buried his head on his desk once more. Dara pouted. ‘Thanks,’ she breathed out understanding his pride as she stood up and placed the chair back on the desk and went to her seat. She then shifted her body to him and began staring at him once more though she can’t really see his face. She giggled softly seeing he was still wearing the beanie she gave. Then Jiyong sat down again as he grabbed something on his bag.

 

He pulled out a yellow stuff toy, the one that they were aiming to get in the amusement park. Dara’s eyes widen as she eagerly accepted the stuff toy. ‘You got it?’ she asked as he scratched his nape remembering how hard it was.

 

 

The night after he sent Dara home he was in deep thought and couldn't sleep. He was thinking of getting her the stuff toy and a phone so he could contact her easily. So even though it was already eleven in the evening he went out to buy a phone. He was having a hard time choosing a phone but he ended up with the pink version of his phone. After buying a phone he then started driving places to places searching for a machine that has the same stuff toy in the amusement park since he couldn't really go to the amusement park because it was already closed. After an hour of search he was finally able to find the same stuff toy and played three hours in it before successfully getting one. He spent lots of money and he never thought he would waste so much time for that. There were moments that he was thinking of wrecking the machine, but he just resumed playing. Then there were moments where he wanted to go home and give up yet he can’t bring himself to. But after getting the toy he never felt so glorious before, he felt so elated that he was actually able to succeed.  He was even shooting his fist up and bounced a bit while biting his lips suppressing his smiles as he went home, happy.

 

 

Dara quickly leaned towards him as she locked him in her arms, not minding whether they were inside the classroom, not minding her classmates whose jaws all fell on the floor as they stared at the two of them with eyes bigger than saucers. ‘Thank you,’ she whispered. For her a thank you was an understatement, she knew he deserved more than that since he was really making her happy from these past days. When she was about to pull herself from embracing him, Jiyong held her gently as he saw that her chair was now standing using only two of its legs. ‘Careful,’ he said in a gentle tone as he stood up and helped Dara get back of her seat. Dara smiled at him. ‘You’re sweet,’ she said as Jiyong rolled his eyes and went back to his usual doing, sleeping.

 

 

...

 

 

Dara and her friends were all in the cafeteria with Dara still playing with the yellow chick stuff toy. ‘What should I call you?’ she asked at the stuff toy as if it was a baby and it will reply to her questions. Her friends stared at her as they stole quick glance at each other. CL faked a cough snatching Dara’s attention as she turned her head to CL. ‘I didn’t know you and Jiyong are dating,’ CL said with a smile as she took a sip on her juice while earning agreements from everyone. ‘Dating?’ Dara asked in confusion. Then there was silence. Dara laughed after getting what CL just asked. ‘No we’re not dating, we’re friends,’ she said as she drew her attention back to the yellow stuff toy she was holding with her friends stealing glances at each other once more.

 

 

‘But Dara you two looked like you were dating,’ Minzy said as Dara snapped her attention to her. Dara shook her head. ‘We’re just friends,’ she said smiling. ‘But I see more than that,’ Seung Ri retorted as Dara laughed at him. ‘Really?’ she asked as they all nodded to her stupidly. ‘Well, I will not deny it, I do like him alot,’ Dara said as she went back playing with her stuff toy as her friends jaw dropped on the floor as their soul seemingly left their bodies. They don’t know if they should be happy or if they should get mad. They have no idea if they should support her or drag her away from his ‘clutches’. And most of all they got no friggin idea if it was the right thing or not.

 

 

Then Dara almost jumped to her seat when she saw Jiyong entered the cafeteria. She quickly jogged to him dragging the stuff toy with her and the stares of her friends. ‘You’re going to eat here?’ she asked after reaching him. He nodded. ‘Great, we got one vacant seat,’ she smiled as he then grabbed a tray and asked for food then they proceed to the table of their friends. Both Dara and Jiyong sat down as Dara’s friend just stared at the both of them. As usual Dara was the one doing the talking while he would listen and nod and give brief answers sometimes.

 

 

‘Is that a strawberry?’ Dara asked as she stared at the food Jiyong ordered. ‘Hmm,’ he nodded as he picked one strawberry. ‘You want?’ he asked as she nodded. ‘Can I?’ she asked looking straight to his eyes. Without any other words he slowly moved the strawberry closer to her lips and fed her. She took a bite on the strawberry then smiled. ‘It’s sweet,’ she said as he finished the rest of the strawberry with a nod. ‘It is,’ he said then they continued what they’re doing unaware of the strange silence hanging in the air, unaware of the shock stares given to them. It was as if they were the only existing in the cafeteria, like they owned a different world, where only the two of them can enter.

 

 

Everyone was staring at Jiyong as if he had completely lost his mind. They knew him. And they knew him for ing two years and what they were witnessing right now was something not believable. He was cold, he was rude and he would always push anyone who gets on his way. He has no mercy and he could even kill without second thoughts. He was like that and they believed that he would always be like that. No one even dares to walk within his perimeter afraid that in doing so, they might just woke up in the hospital. They saw it before, they saw him did that to someone before and they knew he could do it again. They wouldn't call him the school’s devil for nothing.

 

 

Then their eyes shifted on the smiling girl beside him the one he was feeding with strawberries. She was as bright as the sunshine. Someone who was so kind that you can’t hardly believe someone like her exists. She has an innocent aura that will draw you to her. She has an honest pair of eyes, smiles and words. She’s like an angel that would unknowingly give warmth to your heart. And they realized how powerful she could be, how her smile and words could change someone, even the one totally opposite to her. Even the school’s devil.

 

 

‘And oh Jiyong, I think you need to come to our house tonight,’ Dara said as she remembered what she was about to say to him. Jiyong stared at her with questioning eyes. ‘Mom wants to meet you,’ she answered as she picked one strawberry and fed him. He opened his mouth and ate the whole strawberry. He was trying to regain himself from the shocking thing she just said. Her mom wants to meet him. For what? To tell him to stay away? To tell him something that he couldn’t even think of. He felt nervous as he remained quiet and chewed on the strawberry blankly staring at the table.

 

 

Dara smiled after understanding what he was thinking or what he was feeling, sometimes it gave her shivers on how they can just understand each other without anywords. She quickly wrapped her arms around him and rested her chin on his shoulder as her eyes looked on him. ‘She just wants to thank you, no need to be nervous,’ she said smiling as he drifted his gaze to her. He gave a nod. ‘And besides my mom is the kindest person in the world,’ she said as she pulled away from him with a proud grin plastered on her face. He just stared at her knowing her mom was. Of course she was kind hearted, she was like the only person in this world that deserved to be treated right, to be treated special. She was raised to be like that and only a mom kinder than her could do something like that.

 

 

He opened his mouth wanting to say something yet decided to close it again since he couldn't seem to get his thoughts straight, he couldn;t put his words in a rightful order. He wanted to say no, he wanted to lie that he was busy or something where all he was going to do was work on his new customer’s car. He was afraid for the first time, he was damn nervous for the first time and without noticing it he was even asking himself if he has any right to see her mother. He then started scrutinizing his looks, his hands that were covered in bandages and his face that has cuts out of the fights he had last week, before meeting her which did not heal yet. It was probably the first time he felt bad that he was him, that he was like that.

 

 

Dara then grabbed another strawberry and fed him. ‘Don’t think too much,’ she said pouting cutely on him. ‘She will like you,’ she said with a smile. He just massaged his forehead with his hand as he forced another nod. He doesn’t know what to think anymore, he felt like he was a walking mess. He felt like he was slowly not being himself. He felt like there are tons going inside his head, and more on there are lots of things crawling its way to his chest that it was slowly gripping his heart. He hated it as much as he loved it. He never wanted to feel anything before; he grew up setting himself to never ever feel totally unnecessary things. But as much as he wanted to force to his gaddamn mind that what he was feeling right now is nothing but a nuisance something inside him won’t let him.

 

 

His fists clenched. He wanted to turn his back from all of these. He wanted to escape this before everything became too late, before he would realize that this was the thing he was living for already. But when he sees her smiling at him like he was the only ing perfect in the world he just shudder, and in seconds he would give in. He hated how he felt so warmed by her, he hated how he felt so needed, how he felt like when she held him it was like she was screaming that he was the only one she needed, the only one she wanted.

 

 

He wanted to hate it.

He wanted to escape from it.

He wanted to return to how he used to be because she was making him frail, she was making him breakable, vulnerable.

 

 

Dara then pull herself closer to him to feel his warmth more. She leaned her head on his shoulder then on cue his arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her more closer. Dara giggled as she started playing with the stuff toy again while humming a song using her soothing voice that he just closed his eyes to listen. Yes, they were in the cafeteria, in a crowd, in front of her friends, but more than that they were in their own world. And they were the only one who can enter that world.

 

Then he would realized through her warmth that everything was so worth it.

 

------- :]]

// author's blabbering //

this is totally not edited so sorry for the errors. i don't have the time to edit it since i'm still typing chapter nine. I don't think i want too many running fic so i'm hoping to finish this one fast lol. anyways, i think this will be short. i don't know depends on my mood though. and i'm having a terrible mood swings right now. have i told you this is cliche? have i? last warning. this is totally cliche.

i think that's all i wanted to say. so see yah around. i'll be back wit chapter nine probably tonight who knows. beats me. lol. thank you for comments and for subscrbing but most of all thanks for the love.

daragon is real hehe :}

and oh though this feels like the ending, it is not. aigoo those two they're not even in relationship hoho, they're flirting with each other how do you call their relationship? unofficially what? lol. whatever.

ahhhm ATTENTION. I terribly need a name for the yellow stuff toy. please do suggest. i will forever owe you :) thank you.

back to typing! see yah soon fellas

mbie's out

p e a c e

/this is long author's note lol/

/waiting for your suggestion i badly need it like right now? hehe/