// f o u r t e e n //

Be Mine

 

:: chapter fourteen ::

 

 

Dara giggled as she pulled herself away from him. He smiled then bit his lips to suppress it, but it seems like all those years that he have stopped feeling emotions, the time he did not wasted on smiling nor laughing just poured out that moment. That no matter how he tried to suppress himself he just can’t wipe that smile, that giddy smile on his lips. Jiyong shook his head a bit as he stood up and reached his hand to her as Dara grabbed it still wearing a smile on her lips. She almost lost balance but she was caught by Jiyong.


Jiyong wrapped his arm on her waist. ‘I like it when you’re always falling, it gives me purpose,’ he whispered making Dara turned beet red. ‘But I like it more when you smile, it gives me reason to live,’ he said with a smile on his lips as their eyes stared at each other. Dara was left dumbfounded, unable to utter a single word. She felt like her heart just stopped beating, and that was not good but looking into his eyes and seeing his smile just revive her heart with unexplainable currents of electricity stronger than anything, that can’t just power a whole city but light up someone’s whole life. Dara smiled as her eyes were starting to get watery again. She gave Jiyong a quick tight hug. ‘Let’s just go to the infirmary, shall we Mr. Mine?’ she said biting her lips hiding her smiles as he covered his face with his hands even though it was stained with blood, just to hide his giddiness.


They both reached the empty infirmary, since both the nurse and school doctor were having their lunch. They entered and went to the sink. Jiyong helped Dara removed her school coat as Dara pushed her sleeves up to avoid it from getting wet. Since Jiyong never really wore the school coat he just pushed his sleeves up. Dara turned the faucet on as Jiyong placed both his hands on the running water. He watched as the water slowly removed the dried blood on his hands. He watched as the water slowly become red and went down the drain.


He snapped his head on Dara who welcomed him smiling. She just held his hand and helped him wash the blood off it. Jiyong smiled as Dara started playing with both of their hands. Jiyong grabbed the soap as he started making it foam and blowing bubbles with it making Dara laugh. Dara also did the same thing and they ended up playing with their hands making it bubbled as they just keep on staring at each other with a smile on their lips.


In that instant Jiyong knew the answer to why he was never able to smile at her even once, though she showered him with her beautiful smiles. It was because he was afraid, afraid that if he smiled he will forget loneliness, he will forget emptiness and he will start to live a life that never knew sadness. Yes, it was indeed wonderful but for him it was scarier than anything else. He doesn’t know if he will survive not seeing her for a second. He was afraid that his life with intertwine hers, that he won’t be able to completely survive without her by his side. He was afraid that he won’t be the Jiyong he used to be. He was afraid that he will completely change, that the cold steel armor he built over years by himself will rust and turned to dust blown by the wind and gone with it.

But more than that he was afraid that he will lose her, it was something so fearful, terrifying than death itself.


He let out a small smile as he realized how idiot he was. He was afraid that her life will intertwine with his, when from the moment their eyes landed on each other their souls were already connected by an unbreakable bond. No, maybe like the silliest myth he has ever heard they were connected already from the beginning. They were tied by that unbreakable red thread. He was afraid that he would be changed, he was afraid that he won’t know himself anymore, when from the moment she smiled on him he knew something inside him changed. No, everything in him and his whole life changed.


He was afraid, but when she saw him at his worst, when she smiled and ask him to be hers. It was as if those worries, those fears, those doubts never existed that he barely didn’t knew them. He knew she will be forever his. And that was enough. It was more than enough.


Dara happily pulled Jiyong as he made him sat on one of the beds in the infirmary. She then grabbed the things she needed as she started tending on his cuts. She heaved a sigh, worried if she even knew what she will be doing. ‘Relax,’ Jiyong said. ‘I’ll guide you,’ he said as he grabbed Dara’s hand and guided it all throughout. Dara let a satisfied smile escaped her lips as she placed the last band aid on his cheek. She then returned all things she got and sat down beside him. She held his hand and looked at his eyes.


Jiyong let out a sigh as he rolled his eyes. He knew what she was waiting. Explanation. He drew another breath as he stared at her. ‘You don’t really need to know the reason,’ he said weakly as he pulled her closer. ‘Ji...’ she trailed squeezing his hand. ‘Please,’ she said almost whispering. Jiyong pulled another sigh as he started telling her what happened. She tried to stay calmed and composed though Jiyong can obviously sense she was taken aback by his words, horrified even. Dara bit her lips. Jiyong caressed her face. ‘I’m glad I almost killed them,’ he said with seriousness as Dara stared at him, surprised. Dara smiled as she pinched both Jiyong’s cheeks. ‘You’re too handsome for me, Mr. Mine,’ she said as she rubbed her nose with his.


Then out of the blue, Jiyong let out chuckles, which stunned Dara that she just stared at him, eyes widened. Then she started laughing with him as he pulled her closer to him and hugged her tight. ‘I’m not handsome... in fact you’re too good and beautiful for me Ms. Mine,’ he replied with soft chuckles. Dara smiled out of giddiness as she nuzzled more to him. Dara then looked straight to his eyes. ‘I love you,’ she mouthed to him. She didn’t know that saying those words to him will feel like freedom. It was something that can release her heart from doubts, from worries, from everything that keeps her down. It was freedom. Plain and simple. Unknown to her, like her Jiyong felt that it was freedom saying the words he never thought will come out of his mouth one day. He felt free when he heard it from her, when he says it to her. He felt like he was a devil who has finally touched that unreachable heaven. And he doesn’t want to let it go anymore.


‘I love you more,’ he whispered as he landed a kiss on her forehead.


They were both snatched from their own world when someone arrived in the infirmary. ‘Ahm, Kwon you are being called at the faculty,’ he said scratching his head knowing he just interrupted something. He gave an equally awkward and nervous smile. Jiyong pressed his lips as he forced a nod. Dara squeezed his hand making him glance at her. She gave her a reassuring smile. ‘We will be there,’ Dara said to the guy as the guy nodded and left.


Jiyong stared at Dara, questioning as the girl rolled her eyes. ‘We will be there,’ she repeated to erase his questions. ‘Why?’ he asked. ‘Because you’re my responsibility. Remember I’m your class president. And besides...’ she smiled at him as she bit her lips. ‘Besides what?’ Jiyong asked with a faint smile on his lips. ‘You are mine,’ she huffed in pride. Jiyong covered his face as he tried hiding his giddy smiles to himself. He then pulled Dara closer to him. ‘Possessive,’ he mumbled as he pressed his lips in a thin line. ‘I like it,’ he said as he broke into grin.


...


Mr. Song heaved another sigh as he stared at the five all beaten up students, who were even sent to the nearest hospital since some of them required stitches. He shook himself half disbelieving and half terrified on what an angry Kwon Jiyong can do. Then he shifted his eyes on Jiyong who was standing their trying to act like nothing was wrong when all he did was heave a sigh almost every other minute. Then he shifted his eyes on the petite girl beside him. She looked innocent and determined, he can almost sense in her aura how she was so willing to defend the guy next to her.


Silence hung in the whole faculty room as Mr. Song heaved a sigh for the nth time and as the teachers eyed the students. ‘Ms. Park, you may now leave,’ he said as Dara stared at him. She quickly held Jiyong’s polo as she shook her head. Mr. Song together with Mr. Yang ran their palms on their face. They know they will never make her leave his side. ‘He’s my responsibility,’ she said trying not to waive.


‘I do understand that he’s your responsibility as a class president but this doesn’t concern you in anyway Ms. Park,’ Mr. Song said. ‘Actually it was because of me that he got into this situation,’ Dara said fiddling with her fingers. ‘Oh yeah,’ Mr. Song mumbled knowing what she meant. ‘Beside I’m not here as a class president,’ Dara whispered pouting cutely as everyone stared at her adoring her. Jiyong let out a groan, not really liking what he sees. ‘Then why are you here?’ Mr. Song asked. ‘Because he’s my boyfriend,’ Dara answered innocently as if it was as normal as breathing. Everyone stared at her in disbelief.


 Jiyong chuckled and covered his face with his hand trying to hide the giddiness in him as he tried regaining his composure as the teachers practically hanged their mouth open staring at him, dumbfounded. They were able to handle Dara’s declaration but seeing a giddy Jiyong almost made them fell off their seats. They never seen him smile in the years he has been in that institution. And they have grown to believe that this miraculous day will never arrive. But it did, and they can’t almost believe it.


Mr. Song shook his head trying to regain what he was about to say that just magically disappeared in his mind upon seeing his coldest, rudest student not just smiled, laughed even. If there were people who knew Jiyong more than anyone it would be Mr. Song and Mr. Yang. They knew he was a tragic, he was lonely. They have witness him, how he lived all by himself. How he built those walls around him, how he won’t give anyone a chance to enter his perimeter, to enter his heart. A smile formed at Mr. Yang and Mr. Song’s lips. They can’t almost describe how they felt just by seeing him smile. They felt like after all years of praying finally someone set him free from despair.


Mr. Song faked a cough as he stood up. ‘You will all get 3 days suspension,’ he said. Jiyong jerked his head to him eyes questioning, brows meeting on the center. He was very familiar to this scenario and he knew he was supposed to receive a week suspension or two. But then he only got 3 days suspension. Mr. Song sighed. ‘These five idiots, confessed that it was their fault why they looked damned right now,’ he said as both Dara and Jiyong looked at the five students who bowed down before them in apology. ‘Sorry Kwon sshi!’ they chorused. ‘Not to me to her,’ Jiyong said coldly as he wrapped his arm on Dara. They bowed down ninety degrees to her. ‘Sorry Park sshi!’ they said. Dara smiled. ‘It’s okay besides Jiyong already took my revenge,’ she grinned at them making Mr. Yang laughed softly with his fellow teachers. She looked really proud on what Jiyong did with them. Her innocence and her being so naive never failed to make her adore her. How cute can they get?


‘But I hope this is the last. Anymore of this and I will kick you out of school! Is that clear?’ Mr. Song asked. ‘Yes sir!’ Dara enthusiastically answered as Jiyong and the others nodded.


....

They both entered the room. What they received was never good news but they feel happy nonetheless. Jiyong was just announced to have a 3 days suspension. It was no near good but they were smiling while entering the room. Their classmate stared at them, surprised, dumbfounded even. 'Guys, listen,' Dara said as everyone forced themselves to look at her while they were totally distracted on Jiyong who was smiling. They felt like the Armageddon was near, maybe they were exaggerating but they just felt so strange.

'Jiyong will be suspeneded for 3 days,' Dara announced. Then Chaerin walked to them without peeling her gaze at Jiyong who was still smiling like an idiot. She was practically gaping at him that she almost forgot what she was about to ask Dara. Dara pouted as she stared at Jiyong. 'See I told you you're too handsome for me!!' Dara said like a child and in seconds Jiyong broke into chuckles as he shyly covered his face while chuckling giddily which almost made everyone fell off their seats, as they felt their hearts just fell on the floor. They were always aware that he was handsome, but seeing him smiling and laughing like a giddy guy it made him more handsome that he will make you fall for him in seconds.

‘And oh!’ Dara added as Jiyong laughed knowing what she will say next. ‘He’s already my boyfriend,’ she smiled proudly as everyone fell silent with Jiyong laughing beside her. ‘Can’t I get a better reaction?’ she asked pouting. Chaerin suddenly clapped her hands. ‘Congrats I’m happy for the two of you!’ Chaerin said as she rushed and hugged her. Everyone clapped their hands as they congratulated her. ‘You look good together,’ Minzy smiled. ‘I know right,’ Dara answered proudly.

‘Too bad, I thought I still got a chance. I could have made you fall for me,’ Youngbae said clicking his tongue, joking. Jiyong glared at him as Youngbae raised his both hands. ‘I’m kidding,’ he said with a nervous smile as everyone laughed.


...


Dara closed the gate as she gripped her back pack prepared to walk her way to school. She closed her eyes and fluttered it open as a smile emerged in her lips. Then she was welcome by the site of him wearing a white tee and faded jeans with a beanie on, the beanie she gave. She bounced to him and embraced him as he did the same thing. He was suspended for three days but he decided on sending her to school. Dara looked at him as she smiled. ‘Well hello there, Mr. Mine,’ she said. ‘Hello back to you Ms. Mine,’ he smiled as Dara giggled.


Then they began walking side by side as she started telling her endless stories and as he listened to her all ears. All heart.


Sandara Park’s To-Do List: :)

1. Go to an AMUSEMENT PARK!!
2. To learn how to ride a BIKE!!
3. Shoot a ball!
4. Make Kwon Jiyong smile and laugh

 

---- :]]

//author's rantings//

This chapter is for those who randomly tweeted about this story. I was born one time and decided to search in twitter if someone twitted about me. LOL I was happy to find atleast 3 different persons! :) hehe this is for you! You know who you are hehe :))

I think this is short. sorry. wassup guys!? sorry for the late updates. I do wish I live in AFF huhu. /packs things to live in AFF. I'm starting to get busier every damn day! Wae?! Aisht! Anyways thank you for all the love and support. See you at the next chapter. no teasers this time hehe :)) I love yah guys! bye bye

 

@ehmbievii

 

mbie's out

p e a c e !!