// s i x //

Be Mine

:: chapter six ::

 

 

Dara was totally focused on her book, reading and understanding it word by word. Her heart was beating loudly as she prayed that she won’t be called by her professor. She could feel that every second in her calculus class makes her hate math more. She could understand some of it but most of it, she found totally mind boggling. Not to mention the approach of her teacher was not really helping her. His voice was too low and he was not even explaining it all in details, telling them that they already knew those from the past lessons and that they should study on their own. She looked at Minzy who was answering a short problem which has a very long solution on the board. She tightly shut her eyes as she crossed her finger calling all the saints, angels, gods, and goddesses just for her name not to be called by her teacher.

 

Jiyong stared at the girl in front of him who was seemingly like doing a ritual or something. He just shook his head as he then went back to his usual doing, sleeping in the class. Dara snapped her eyes open in surprise as she heard her name being called by her teacher. She gulped the unknown lump formed in . She stood up a bit shaking with tons of butterflies in her stomach. Jiyong lifted his gaze upon sensing that she just stood up. He looked at her as he sat down properly knowing how nervous she was by no means. He just can feel it.

 

Dara smiled awkwardly to her teacher as she grabbed a chalk and read the problem. She contemplated for moment and tried putting all the ideas in her mind on how to solve the problem. She can feel everyone’s stare and her teacher’s scrutinizing stare. She heaved a sigh as she positioned herself ready to answer, she then wrote a straight line then erased it and do the same thing for about three times. Then after that she just placed the chalk and faced her teacher and told him that she can’t answer the problem hoping he will let her slip.

 

But then instead of letting her slip her teacher raised a brow and started lecturing her in front of the class. Telling her that she’s not studying enough, which was so not true, and then telling her that how can she be a good president if she doesn’t study hard. He was lecturing her to the point of embarrassing her which she just accepted head low listening to his pointless rants and nags. ‘You’re not going to sit down without answering that,’ her teacher said in an angry voice as she picked the chalk and face the blackboard.

 

Everyone felt bad for her, who wouldn’t? Not just because you can’t answer a single problem it already means you don’t study. They all witness how she study and how she was so into it, she’s asking questions, taking notes and reading everything carefully. Then all their eyes went on Jiyong as he stood up and walked to the board. He then held Dara’s shaking hand as he guided it to write which surprise Dara. He was even asking her questions that were related to the problem. He was teaching her while they solve the problem as he guided her hand to write the solution. Everyone was listening to Jiyong carefully as he taught Dara the problem. They were even jotting down notes cause they can understand the way he taught it better than their teacher.

 

‘It was just easy after all,’ Dara said as her lips drawn into smile as she stared at the solution that they wrote. Jiyong nodded. ‘You just happened to confuse which formula to use,’ he answered casually. Dara smiled at him. ‘Thank you,’ she said earning a nod from him. ‘You know what? You don’t know her, she do study. A lot. And before scolding her be sure that your approach is something someone really can learn, stupid teacher,’ Jiyong turned to the teacher casually as he placed both his hands on his pocket and walked back to his seat. Dara bowed down in apology to the teacher for Jiyong. The teacher gritted his teeth but kept his anger to himself as he grabbed his things and left the room without any words though they still got almost an hour.

 

Dara then walked to her seat as her friends swarmed around her, comforting her and telling her that she did nothing wrong that the teacher was completely insane for saying tons of things about her when he doesn’t know her a bit. Her friends words and assurance made her smile, she felt relieved as she stole a small glimpse at Jiyong’s sleeping figure. She thanked him quietly in her heart. She was thankful he was there.

 

Jiyong stole a small glance at Dara who was now talking to her friends. That’s when he noticed she’s indeed a bit pale, skinnier than everyone yet the most beautiful of all. She was fragile like a beautiful glass sculpted figurine. You would hold it gently yet tightly afraid that it might slip out of your hands and shatter to pieces. He couldn't help not to hope every time he looked at her to see her angelic smile. It felt like it was something you would wait forever but something always present. It felt like if he wouldn't see it, it would permanently disappear. He then leaned his head on his desk and closed his eyes as he fell into slumber hearing the breeze, the noise and her voice clearly in his head.

 

...

 

It was already dismissal and Dara was still inside the classroom making sure that the one assigned to clean today will do their job. She was sitting on the teacher’s table talking to her classmates occasionally. Then she looked outside the window as she remembered what Mr. Yang told her this morning when she was called to the faculty room.

 

‘Thank you for making Jiyong happy,’

 

An unknown smile formed in her lips. Somehow she felt so happy that her heart can’t almost contain it. She then started fidgeting with the silver ring on her thumb as she stared at it with hopeful eyes. She was asking herself millions of questions that has no answer. Did she really make him happy? Could she make him happy? Could she make him smile or hear him laugh? There are still tons of things inside her mind but somehow thinking of all the possibilities of all the things she wanted to hear from him, to see from him to feel from him made her felt like she finally found a goal. Like just by thinking about things he was able to rescue her from being lost in the real world.

 

‘We'll go now Dara!! Bye, take care!’ her classmates waved at her as they paced out the room with her waving them goodbye. She sighed as she stretched her arm upward and walked to her sit to grab her bag. She stared at his empty seat and closed her eyes a bit and started imagining him smiling at her. She giggled, she doesn’t need to tell or elaborate. Everyone knew how handsome Jiyong was, and with him smiling he could melt anyone’s heart. She shook her head and paced out the room only to see him leaning on the wall as if waiting for someone.

 

‘I thought you’re already gone,’ Dara said with light chuckles. He just shrugged. ‘Let’s go home,’ he said in a low voice probably out of embarrassment as he scratched his nape. He then started walking. Dara’s lips broke into smile as she jogged to him and walked beside him that there was just an inch apart their body. And that’s when she noticed he’s quite tall, only enough for her to reach his lips if she tiptoed. She turned red upon remembering the kiss and she even felt the sensation lingered in her lips. She shook her head lightly as Jiyong stared at her in confusion. ‘Don’t mind me,’ she mumbled shyly as he shrugged and looked ahead.

 

‘Where’s your bike?’ she asked as they go down the stairs. ‘Still fixing it,’ he said without looking at her. Somehow she just felt herself wishing for it not to be fixed so she can always walked next to him as they go home. He took a glimpse of her in the corner of his eyes only to see her pouting as she fiddled with the silver ring on her thumb, his ring. ‘You kept it?’ he asked without looking at her as Dara snapped her head to him hiding her hands at her back. ‘Yeah,’ she answered. ‘Why do you want it back?’ she asked biting her lips. There was silence for a moment. ‘I threw it, meaning I don’t want it anymore. Do what you want,’ he said as he continued walking only looking ahead. Dara nodded and smiled. ‘Thanks,’ she said.

 

After minutes they finally got out of the school building. Dara looked up upon noticing that the sky just turned dark. ‘I think it’s about to rain,’ she said still staring at the sky. Jiyong then looked up and without saying anything he went back inside the school building with Dara staring at him, confused. She waited for him and then in seconds he came out bringing a white umbrella with him. Dara smiled. ‘You’re sweet,’ she said as he rolled his eyes and began walking with Dara chasing him.

 

In seconds small droplets of rain started to pour out with Jiyong opening the umbrella for the both of them. Dara stared at him when he suddenly grabbed her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. She was staring at him blankly not knowing what she was feeling inside. She was baffled and the only thing clear to her as of this moment was his hand was securely holding her as he pressed her closer to him. She might be thinking too much. But does that matter? She smiled, thinking too much about everything will not help to answer the questions rising in her head in fact it will just add more questions. She just let out a sigh letting go all her questions. She don’t need to think that much, right now all she needed to do was enjoy his warmth as they shared one umbrella in the middle of the rain.

 

While on the other hand, Jiyong was trying to focus walking and protecting her from the rain. He felt like his hand was burning in touching her. He felt like he was an ambitious devil wanting to touch an angel. A pathetic devil that was somehow attracted to an angel. He admitted he was not really the best guy. He was rude, cold. He was someone whom you can find in the middle of a bloody fight, someone who raced motor bikes illegally. He was the epitome of the rebellious teenager of the 21st century. He was someone who was up to no good. His hand, he had beaten countless people with it. It was stained by blood of many strangers. And that hand of him was never worthy to touch her. It will never be. But then maybe he’s greedy that despite that fact he still opt to touch her, to protect her. He looked at her from the corner of his eyes and when she saw her smiling something inside him just told him that he did the right thing.

 

That it was always worth doing things for her.

 

...

 

‘Are you sure you’ll be fine here alone sweetie?’ her mom asked anxiously for the nth time. Dara rolled her eyes as she let a small chuckle. ‘Mom I’m already 18 for crying out loud!’ she said laughing. ‘Maybe I should call Sanghyun to look after you,’ she said as if she didn’t hear a thing. ‘Mom, Sanghyun is in Canada right now,’ she said giggling as she stood up from her seat and started pushing her mom to the door. ‘Sweetie, I’ll be gone for 2 days,’ she said for the nth time earning a nod from Dara. ‘I know Mom. Don’t worry I’ll look after our house,’ she said. ‘Look after yourself not the house!’ her mother exclaimed. ‘Yes mom,’ she answered snickering.

 

Her mother kissed her hair. ‘Take care of yourself, please. Drink your medicines,’ she said with a weak smile. ‘Of course,’ Dara smiled assuring her. ‘Now, enjoy that trip,’ she added as she waved her goodbye as her mother rode her car and drove herself to her destination. Dara just chuckled as she closed the gate of their house. When she was about to go inside she heard rumbling of a motor. She snapped her head to their gate. A smile formed in her lips as she bounced her way to the gate and opened it.

 

‘What brought you here?’ she asked at him with smile on her lips as he took off his helmet and got off his black Ducati 848. He stared at her who was smiling sweetly at him. He couldn't help not to notice how beautiful she was, how perfect her skin was and how her light yellow dress complimented her. Her hair was falling freely on her shoulder, she was even wearing a thin white headband. She looked so beautiful and her smile made her more beautiful. While he was wearing his black leather jacket and a simple white shirt paired with gray jeans with his hair on a messy bun.

 

‘I was wondering if you want to go somewhere,’ he said casually making the girl clasped her hand together and jumped a little out of excitement. ‘Let’s go inside first shall we?’ she asked as he nodded. They both paced inside her house. He looked at her house; it was as what he imagined it, clean, fresh, simple yet beautiful with a huge garden. It was her, the house screamed her.

 

------ :]]

// author's blabbering //

Update update!

This is a little gift for those who congratulated me and those who read my blog about my chemistry LOL. Sorry I made this late hehe. Thanks for everything.

 

HOMYGAHD! I posted this chapter on my graphic shop. LOL I got confused

mbie's out

p e a c e