// t e n //

Be Mine

:: chapter ten ::

 

 

Dara and Jiyong were the last ones to boarded the bus, Jiyong gently placed his hands on Dara’s waist and lifted her a bit so she can climb the bus. There was clearly no need for that, it wasn’t really high but then his hands just moved on its own wanting to make things easier for her. She smiled at him as she then walked inside the bus with him trailing behind her. Dara smiled as she took the seat beside the window with Jiyong sitting beside her. She was excited beyond words and she could feel her heart was about to thump its way out of her chest. Everything will be first time for her. Riding a bus, camping, and most of all doing it all with him.

 

 

Jiyong then wrapped his arms around her and pulled himself closer to her as the bus sped off. Dara was looking outside the window admiring the sceneries while Jiyong was watching it with her. She would excitedly point out something and asked him about it like a child, full of nothing but innocence. Dara stared at Jiyong for a while he was wearing the beanie she gave and that made her happy. In seconds Jiyong finally noticed her stares that just won’t leave him. He lightly pinched her nose and made her look outside the window. She pouted a bit but followed him none the less. Then her eyes grew wider as she witnessed the beautiful beach for the first time.

 

 

She pointed the beach to Jiyong who nodded at her. She then touched her palm on the window as if she was touching the shore, feeling the sea and its waves, feeling the sand and its every grain. Jiyong leaned closer to her as their bodies touched. He then rested his chin on her shoulder. ‘Let’s go there some other time,’ he whispered as his breath brushed in her neck and ears, making her hair stand out as shivers ran down her spine. It was a weird sensation but was overpowered by happiness none the less. ‘Promise?’ she asked as she faced him. He nodded. ‘Promise.’ he said staring straight at her brown beautiful eyes. She threw her arms around him as she pulled him closer with him wrapping his arms around her. ‘Thank you,’ she whispered, head buried in the crook of his neck.

 

He could feel her breath as it lingered on his skin, he could feel her warmth as her body pressed on his. And for the first time in his life he wanted to be selfish. He wanted to keep her, he wanted to stay in her arms forever and he wanted to hold her close through that non-existing eternity. She slowly distanced herself to him as he held her hand and laced her fingers with his. She smiled as giddiness crawled its way to her heart. She bit her lips controlling her smiles.

 

‘I’m quite hungry,’ she mumbled as she scratched her head upon remembering she was too excited that she barely touched her breakfast. She heaved a sigh as her lips curved into a tiny pout. Jiyong stared at her for a moment, couldn't comprehend how cute she looked right now. He then let go of her hand which made her turn her head to him. He stood up and grabbed his bag then he sat back down. Dara looked at him, contemplating what he was doing. Jiyong opened his bag and grabbed a sandwhich and hand it to her. Dara stared at his eyes for a long time as if she was trying to decipher everything in her mind. Jiyong rolled his eyes. Dara let out a chuckle as she accepted the sandwhich. ‘Thanks,’ she smiled at him as he nodded stood up and placed his bag back.

 

Dara opened the sandwhich as she took a bite from it. Jiyong sat back beside her as she moved the sandwhich close to his mouth. He then took a bite from it. Dara then snuggled closer to him as he wrapped his arm around her. Again lost in their own world.

 

It took them almost 4 hours before arriving at the camp and all throughout the bus ride, every eyes and attention were on Dara and Jiyong. They were secretly watching the two as they looked at the scenery outside the widow, as they eat, they talk and even when both fell asleep at each other’s arms. It was a beautiful sight, a fascinating one. Something that can really snatch your attention, something that will give warmth to your heart. No matter what they do, they knew they don’t know Jiyong, the only thing they got about him was what they see in him. They knew he was violent, he was rude, fearless and cold beyond words. But just seeing a guy like him warm up with an innocent girl, hold her like she’s going to break was something that words could never describe. It was something that your heart will flutter, something admirable, and something always worth looking at.

And though they never liked nor cared for him, they just found themselves happy for him.

 

...

 

Dara was stretching her arms as a grin plastered in her lips as her eyes roamed all over the camp. She could see and smell the pine trees and she was delighted by the simple and pretty attractive architectural design of the cabins. She turned her head to Jiyong who just ruffled her hair. She bit her lips as she tightly shut her eyes. She never lost hope that one day she would be experiencing this and she was now experiencing it. Her hand crawled its way to her chest as she silently thanked the stranger who gave her all these chances.

 

In minutes after they completely and neatly piled the luggages of the students they were asked to line up. ‘Okay, since this is our first day in camp let’s play an adventure game,’ Mr. Yang smirked at the students as they got all excited. ‘First let’s pair you up,’ he added. Jiyong barely cared about what he was saying, he was confident that he and Dara will be paired or else he’ll turn the whole camp into a wasteland. But then not everything goes according to his will, Dara was paired with Heechul who was currently unavailable at the moment since he was busy trembling while hiding behind Dara afraid of what the dragon could do to him. While he was paired with Chearin who was smirking at him at the moment pissing him off. Jiyong’s brows met as he walked his way, heavily, to Mr. Yang.

 

‘What is it Mr. Kwon?’ the teacher asked as if not knowing what Jiyong wanted. ‘Pair me up with Park,’ he said gritting, ordering. ‘I’m sorry Kwon, but the pairing has been decided,’ Mr. Yang casually answered as he clapped his hands calling the attention of every student. Dara walked towards Jiyong and gave him a back hug. Jiyong held her arms tightly, but not to the point of hurting her. ‘It’s okay Ji, I think separating with each other at times is healthy,’ she said chuckling. Jiyong rolled his eyes upon realizing that she doesn’t have the slightest idea that it was driving him nuts just by thinking she was paired with someone on a dangerous game. He let go a sigh as he removed his beanie and raked his hair and faced her. He then pulled her into a tight embraced, not wanting to let her go.

 

‘Okay the game is pretty simple. All you need to do is find the cabins' keys scattered in the forest, once you got a cabin key you need to go back here. One key for each person. And after going back here let’s see what cabin is going to be yours and who would be your roommate,’ Mr. Yang explained as he blew the whistle signalling the beginning of the game. Jiyong walked towards Heechul glaring at him as the latter swallowed the unknow lump in his throat. ‘I want her back here safe, no scratch and cuts, no wounds. Not a single one, got it,’ he said gritting as he heavily sighed. Heechul forced a nod as he swallowed another his saliva, wetting his seemingly dry throat out of fear.

 

Then Jiyong shifted his body to Dara. He discreetly handed her a phone. ‘Jiyong, Mr. Yang said that no gadgets allowed,’ she said to Jiyong. Jiyong heaved a sigh and forced her to take the gadget. ‘Call me if something’s up okay?’ he said staring straight at her eyes. Dara pressed her lips together. ‘Please?’ he said, pleading. Dara then nodded. ‘I will,’ she said with a smile assuring him. ‘Promise me,’ he said. Dara smiled once more. ‘Promise,’ she said as she put the phone on her pocket. Then Jiyong shifted his eyes back to Heechul as he started glaring at him again, giving him all the warning in the world.

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes as she pulled Jiyong with him. ‘Let’s go before Heechul falls blooded on the ground,’ she said oozing with sarcasm as Jiyong glared at her. ‘Take care!’ Dara waved at the two with Chaerin waving at her and smiling while Jiyong was throwing a death glare at her. In seconds they finally entered the forest opposite to Dara and Heechul’s direction. Chaerin heaved a sigh as she massaged her temple, she thought she got a headache from seeing a very different Jiyong. ‘What?’ she snapped at him as she can no longer take his glare. ‘I’m the one who’s supposed to ask that,’ he retorted. CL’s shoulder fell in defeat as she lazily began walking searching for a key then Jiyong followed her.

 

...

 

‘You changed,’ she suddenly blurted out as she picked up a stick and started waving the dry leaves off. Jiyong was stiffened at first then he casted her a blank stare. Chaerin turned around to face him. ‘Your actions, it just showed you never loved me,’ she said shrugging. Jiyong stood up straight and bit his lips as he fixed his beanie in place. ‘I’m sorry,’ he mumbled. Guilty. Chaerin smiled at him once more. ‘Don’t be, besides it’s all in the past. I found someone new now, he’s so much better than you,’ she laughed as she turned around and started looking for the key again. Then there was silence between them as Jiyong kept on looking at her.

 

Memories started playing on his head. He remembered the day she confessed to him. It was raining that day and she was the only one left in the school, she forgot to bring her umbrella and he was still there he fell asleep on the student lounge. They met at the locker section. She was staring at him in disbelief while flushing red. While he just doesn’t care, he was aiming his way out of the building he doesn’t care if he got wet by the rain. Then out of nowhere, he was stopped by her, she just suddenly grabbed his coat. He lazily turned around facing her brows meeting in the center. Then she confessed on how much she admired him, on how cool he was for her, on how she has always loved her.

 

He was taken aback by what she said, he was shock that he could no longer utter a single word. He scratched his head and heaved a sigh. He wanted to reject her, but he doesn’t know how. He never dreamed of breaking someone’s heart. Never. He just bit his lips and nodded to her, and that’s how they started their relationship which only lasted for three months. And from that moment CL knew that he was nothing like the rumours said, he was too kind hearted. He was even afraid of breaking her heart. No one knew it, he was not showy and he never wanted anyone to know. He treated her fine, he treated her right but never as a girlfriend. CL knew about that yet she held on hoping he would eventually start loving her. But he didn’t, he never loved her. And that was the time she decided that she should move on, she should let go, and that she never dreamed to be stuck unhappy and always in pain for the rest of her life. Yes she loved him and she loved him enough to let him go.

 

‘Lee Seunghyun,’ he said making CL stood straight and snapped her body to his direction. She was beet red and was biting her lips. ‘W-what the hell are you talking about!?! I would never like that jerk!’ she exclaimed as she crossed her arms on her chest. She was trembling and feeling hotter for a reason oblivious to her. ‘You look good together,’ Jiyong said as he started searching for the key. CL became redder upon hearing his words. ‘What the hell Jiyong!!?’ she exclaimed as she stomp her way searching for a key. Then she turned around started fidgeting with her fingers. ‘Do you really think so?’ she asked, embarrassed. Jiyong casted a look on her and nod at her. CL’s lips drew into a smile as she rolled her eyes and turned around as she started searching on the ground once more.

 

Then CL stopped searching as she faced him. ‘Jiyong,’ she called the lad looked up and stared at her waiting for her to continue. ‘S-she’s different. We’re different...’ she started as Jiyong’s forehead creased completely getting where this was all coming from and perfectly knowing where this was heading to. ‘I’m strong... but her...’ she said biting her lips. ‘She’s fragile,’ she ended as their eyes met. Jiyong tightly shut his eyes and heaved a sigh. ‘I know about that, and I will never ever hurt her,’ he said with finality, with determination, with honesty. How can he ever hurt her when even just by thinking of it, it was killing him. CL smirked at him. ‘I guess even the dragon is not immune to love,’ she said chuckling making Jiyong grimace. But then he heaved another sigh as he drifted his eyes to the blue sky. Maybe she was right.

 

Maybe he’s inlove. Is he? If he was he never thought it would feel this wonderful.

 

...

 

Jiyong and CL were the first one to arrive to the camp after finding their keys. Or so they thought. ‘Yes!! I won!’ CL said shooting her fist up. ‘Dream on cat,’ a familiar voice said. She turned her head only to see Seung Ri sitting at the balcony of one of the cabins. Chaerin grimaced as she rolled her eyes and then the bickering started again. Jiyong rolled his eyes as he sat down tapping his foot, nervously waiting for Dara.  He was constantly checking his phone waiting for her message or call. ‘You worry too much,’ CL said as she sat down beside him. Jiyong just glance at her for seconds then his eyes were back searching the camp for Dara, and his now on the edge of his sanity as he saw the camp slowly filled with student. ‘She will be fine, trust her,’ CL said patting her back.

 

‘Yah Chaecat!!’ Seung Ri suddenly called her making her turn her head to him frowning. ‘What?’ she snarled at him. Seung Ri just stuck his tongue at her as he turned around and walked away. Chaerin gasped as she stood up and followed him and another bickering was born.

 

Jiyong couldn't finally wait anymore thus he stood up and was preparing to search for the whole jungle just to find her, when she and Heechul suddenly arrived. She was bouncing happily while Heechul was seemingly praying to mysterious forces to make him invisible. He never felt relieved like that before, he felt like his heart just fell from his chest out of relief. Then his forehead creased upon seeing Dara almost filled with cuts but then there she was smiling and bouncing like nothing happened.

 

‘Jiyong I got a key on my own,’ she said as she dashed to him, with Heechul dashing behind Mr. Yang. He was not able to talk but instead he stared at her from head to toe. She was filled with small cuts and yet she was smiling like an idiot while dangling a silver key in her hand. Jiyong took a deep breath, trying to process everything in his head. ‘What happened to you?’ he asked in an angry whisper. Dara stared at him and tilted her head in confusion. Then she stared at her arms and legs. ‘Oh,’ she said finally getting what he was asking. ‘I kinda fell on a slope while getting this key, it was fun, I was rolling down,’ she said chuckling. Then there was silence all over the place everyone held their breath preparing for the anger of the great dragon who was now glaring at Dara fuming mad.

 

‘Yaaaaahhh!!’ Dara yelp as Jiyong suddenly lifted her and placed her on his shoulder like she was a sack of potato. ‘What are you doing?’ she asked, shocked. He didn’t answered instead he started walking with everyone staring at them. ‘Jiyong!’ Dara called but he didn’t answer and just continued walking heading to the camp clinic.

 

‘Power of love I guess,’ Chaerin chuckled as Seung Ri nodded in agreement. ‘Power of love,’ he repeated as they their eyes suddenly met. They both turned beet red as the faked a cough and snapped their heads on different direction.

 

---------:]]

//author's blabbering//

I finally posted chapter ten!! Yeah! Today is my birthday so in reverse of the tradition here is my birthday gift to all of you :) OTL although I hated that I just turned 18!! wah~! I wanna be forever 17! Imma gonna go to neverland!!

Anyways. The reason why it took me so lng for this chap is that I'm under going my depression again. I'm slightly not normal folks ahaha I have depression. I need to go to psychiatrist for it. So I'm sorry for the late update. I'm just totally depressed. I pray that you all understand. Thank you for everything. See you in the next chapter. bye bye. p e a c e !