\\ f o u r \\

Be Mine

 

:: chapter four ::

 

Dara was still in the cloud nine with them winning almost 10 games that she was jumping up and down and acting more like a child than Yoochun who was running his palm over his face, embarrassed at her silliness. ‘Oh my gosh!! I love you both!’ Dara randomly exclaimed making Yoochun and Jiyong spit out the soda they were drinking. Dara stared at them in confusion as she started laughing at both who was now throwing daggers at her with their stares. Both hissed making them stared at each other as they both crossed their arms on their chest and snapped their head on different direction. Dara can’t help not to smile at their cuteness. They really looked like father and son.

 

‘Everyone!! Are you ready for the last game?! Just to remind you even though the Kwon-Park Family is the team on the first place it is still the final game that will determine the winner!!’ Mr. Yang announced as Dara pouted at the announcement. It was unfair, they won ten games and yet it will be all disregarded if they lost the last game. Jiyong and Yoochun just stared at Dara who was busy throwing her tantrums as Mr. Yang continued his announcements.

 

‘The last game will be a father and son basketball game,’ Mr. Yang announced as wild roars filled the whole school. Youngbae clapped his hands, finally the game he’s been waiting for, a basketball game. ‘We can do this!’ he said as he gave his son for the day a high five who enthusiastically received it. ‘I’m hella sure will win now!’ Youngbae said smirking. Minzy just shook her head. Here he goes again being all competitive even though his so called rival doesn't know a single thing about the rivalry between them. ‘Oh don’t you dare push Kwang Min to the edge just to satisfy your competitiveness, Mr. Dong Youngbae,’ Minzy warned with her brow arching up. Youngbae just rolled his eyes.

 

‘Omo! I know you two will win! Don’t worry I’ll cheer for you!!’ Dara said clasping her hand together. ‘Oh please, don’t bother,’ Jiyong said weakly as he recalled her cheering a while ago, she looked stupid beyond words even Yoochun covered his face embarrassed about her. Dara pouted as she sat on beside Jiyong crossing her arms on her chest. ‘Fine you can cheer us, but please make sure you’re the only one being embarrassed with the crazy things you’re doing,’ Yoochun said as Dara’s lips curved into a smile. She then pinched Yoochun’s nose. ‘I know you can’t resist your beautiful mother,’ she said giggling. ‘Conceited,’ the child said with a smirk on his lips.

 

After few games they were finally down to the final game, where Jiyong and Yoochun were up against Youngbae and Kwang min. Youngbae gave Jiyong a mocking smirk as the latter could only roll his eyes, getting where his competitiveness coming from. ‘Lemme ask you something, do you even know how to play basketball Kwon?’ Youngbae asked as he dribbled the ball. ‘It’s none of your ing business,’ Jiyong said nonchalantly as he positioned himself on defense. ‘Let me show you what basketball really is,’ Youngbae said finally snapping Jiyong’s hair-thin patience as he quickly dashed and successfully stole the ball and dash to the ring, since they were just using half of the court, he jumped high and did a slam dunk. ‘Now, please teach me what really basketball is, Mr. Ace Player,’ he smirked at him as the cheers boomed all over the place. Who would have thought that the rude and sleepy head Kwon Jiyong was an effortless genius in basketball.

 

Dara was cheering all her might, she was screaming till her lungs drop, till her voice fade. She doesn’t care for her family was there doing their best to win a basketball game. When she was still in the hospital she often watched basketball games on the television, she was fascinated by the game and by the player who were all healthy. She even promised herself that when she got better she wanted to play or even shoot just one ball to the basket.

 

 The referee called a time out as both Yoochun and Jiyong went to the bench with Dara waiting for them holding bottles of water in her hand and towels on the other. ‘Wow! I didn’t know you’re really good at basketball,’ she smiled at Jiyong. ‘I just imitate what I see on tv,’ he answered flatly. ‘You’re just imitating the games in the tv?’ Dara asked in disbelief. Jiyong nodded. ‘I never played basketball before,’ he said as he grabbed one bottle from her hand and drank it in on go with her still staring at him in disbelief.

 

‘Hey! Where’s my drink!’ Yoochun huffed at Dara obviously jealous on the attention Dara was giving Jiyong. ‘Oh!’ Dara exclaimed as she handed Yoochun the bottle. ‘Here, you know you look cool out there,’ she said making Yoochun blushed a bit as Jiyong stared at him shaking his head knowing he was some kind of infatuated at Dara. When the referee blew the whistle both Yoochun and Jiyong got up and went to the court. Dara stared at the two, they’re fascinating, they don’t even talk yet it’s as if they can read each other’s mind, they have a wonderful teamwork.

 

The game proceeded with the scores really close, that you couldn't even guess who would win and yet the time was running out.  Jiyong was already having a hard time keeping up with Youngbae, he never really played basketball. What he told Dara was real, he never played the game and he was just imitating what he watched on the TV and now he’s running out of moves that he can imitate and worst the score was tie and time was not on their side. He was finally able to steal the ball from Youngbae he then tried defending it while thinking strategy in his head. He swore he hated thinking too much but unlike what he thought basketball was a game that required thinking. He cursed, he swear he’s going to get even at the stupid girl named Park Sandara who got him into this.

 

He glanced at the digital clock. 10 seconds. What should he do? Youngbae’s defense was solid. Should he pass it to Yoochun? Yoochun was just a freaking seven years old child who happened to have a very old mentality and not to mention he’s small and no match for the height of Kwang Min who was already 9 years old. Jiyong shook his head oh well, he doesn’t want to think anymore. Though he hated to admit but Dara’s right Yoochun and him were alike. So if he has pride then the kid also has pride bigger than his height.

 

‘Yoochun!’ he shouted as he passed the ball which he caught; he then started dribbling like a basketball prodigy. He swerved his way and was able to escape Kwang Min’s weak defense. He jumped and shot the ball after doing so he closed his eyes, mentally crossing his finger for some miracle to happen.

 

He opened his eyes when the bell rang together with the booming cheers of the audience. ‘You won!!’ Dara screamed as she dashed to Yoochun and locked him in her arms. The child can’t almost move, can't almost believe in their situation. Then he wrapped his arms at Dara as he let himself cry. This day just felt like the shortest day of his life, yet the happiest one. Jiyong ruffled his hair. ‘Nice work kid,’ he smirked at him as Yoochun wiped his tears. ‘Nice work too stupid Dad,’ he said not looking at him which surprised Jiyong. He actually called him Dad, somehow that felt warm. ‘I’m so happy,’ Dara said, now sobbing as Jiyong and Yoochun rolled their eyes. ‘Don’t cry, you look ugly when you cry,’ Yoochun said biting his lips as he wiped Dara’s tears away. Dara chuckled as she pulled the child into another tight embrace. Dara then stood and embraced Jiyong, it was just for seconds but they both can feel as if their body is still touching each other.

 

‘You two did great today! I’m a proud mommy!’ Dara giggled while wiping her tears making Jiyong and Yoochun shook their head. They were called to stage. Everyone stared at them as Jiyong was holding Yoochun right hand with Dara holding the child’s left hand. They bowed down upon receiving their medals as the champion of today’s event Dara made Yoochun hold the trophy  as she forced both to look at the camera. ‘Smile!’ the camera man said as Dara did a victory sign while smiling sweetly. Even though she didn’t look she can guess both Yoochun and Jiyong were grimacing. She laughed a bit to herself as she went to the camera man and asked him to send her the picture on her house after handing her payment she asked for three copies, one for her, one for Yoochun and one for Jiyong, who were pretty not interested.

 

After the awarding the closing remark was held as Dara began sobbing again. Jiyong stand next to her as he put his hand on her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Dara chuckled as she wiped her tears and held Yoochun hand tightly. Oh how she will miss the child. Yoochun was also silently sobbing to himself. He had so much fun that he doesn’t want it to end. He stole a small glance at his one day parents, they look good together which made him chuckle. He then drifted his eyes to the one speaking. While in his mind, she didn’t just made him happy for three minutes she made him happy for the rest of his life.

 

Everyone was now bidding goodbye at each other with smiles on their lips yet tears in their eyes. Dara bent down and held both Yoochun’s shoulder. ‘I will visit you often, so be a good boy okay?’ she said holding her tears. This must be the feeling all parents get when their children grew up and left them to live their own lives. Yoochun didn’t answer but just stared at her. ‘See yah, around kid,’ Jiyong said almost sounding monotone as Yoochun threw a death glare on him which Jiyong just shrugged off.  Yoochun then turned his back away from them as he jogged to the nuns taking care of them. Dara just smiled as she waved goodbye to her son.

 

Yoochun stopped from running as he looked at them once again. He then jogged back to them. He cupped Dara’s face which shocked her as he landed and tiny peck on her lips. ‘I’ll grow up faster so wait for me! I will marry you!’ he shouted leaving Dara dumbfounded together with Jiyong. Before leaving Yoochun looked at Jiyong then stuck his tongue at him. ‘Why you pesky brat,’ Jiyong gritted ready to throw his self to the naughty child who run his away from them.

 

‘Bye!!’ Yoochun shouted as he quickly climbed the bus leaving Dara still shock with Jiyong who was pissed as hell.

 

...

 

Dara heaved a sigh as she stared at the clean gymnasium, finally work was done and she can now go home. She then started pacing to the school gate. She roamed her eyes, seemed like she’s the only one left in the school. She was just few meters away from the gate when she saw Jiyong pacing out of it, she quickly ran after him.

 

‘Jiyong!’ she called as she tapped his shoulder as Jiyong looked at her lazily then turned his gaze back to the road. Dara smiled she can’t believe that Jiyong was walking his way home. He usually brings his black, cool looking big bike when he goes to school. ‘Where’s your bike?’ she asked. He didn’t answered he just continued walking as Dara pouted. Then her lips curved into smile upon noticing that they have the same direction home. She then walked happily beside him while humming. She then started recalling everything that happened today, she praised him for his skills in basketball, on how Yoochun and him were alike, on how cool he was in the game, on how she enjoyed this day.

 

‘Don’t you know how to shut up?!’ Jiyong snapped as he stopped walking and stared at her. Dara fell silent as she started fidgeting with her finger. They were now walking in the river bank, half way to Dara’s house. ‘And why are you still here? Don’t you have a house?’ he asked. Dara pouted as she placed her hands on her waist. ‘FYI we happened to go to the same direction! Assuming,’ she huffed at him as he rolled his eyes. ‘Then walk quietly,’ he growled in a low voice as he continued walking. Then there were couple minutes of silence, he can’t thank heavens enough.

 

Then out of the blue Dara started giggling. Jiyong stared at her like she was someone who just lost her mind, probably she just giggled out of nowhere. ‘Did you finally lost your mind?’ Jiyong asked as he stopped and stared straight at her. Dara stopped and didn’t say a single thing at first. Then she laughed softly and shook her head. ‘No, I wasn’t silly,’ she answered. Then a smile emerged in her lips. ‘It’s just funny that I got my first kiss from a seven year old kid,’ she breathed out in honesty as she shifted her eyes on the beautiful sunset across the river.

 

She stretched her arms as her eyes widen in admiration. ‘Wahh!! It’s such a beautiful scene!’ she exclaimed. ‘Right Ji?’ she asked as she turned her head to Jiyong. ‘That was’t even a kiss,’ Jiyong murmured. ‘Huh?’ Dara asked upon not hearing clearly what he said. Jiyong then walked close to her as he gently made her face him. He then placed her chin in the middle of his fingers as he pulled her closer to him. His lips gently brushed at hers as her eyes widen in shock. Then his other hand went on her back as he pulled her closer to him as their lips completely touched each other. It was a warm feeling, it was blissful and so much to take and from that she learned the difference of a child’s kiss to his kiss.

 

She fluttered her eyes close as her arms cling on his neck pulling him more, closer as they drown themselves on their kiss that just took them to a seemingly different world where nothing else mattered but only what they were sharing at that very moment.

 

----:]]]

\\ author's blabbering \\

wah, i'm kind today lol. I just gave you three chappies! wah! can you believe that lol. i plotted two things for this in my head one long version and one short. i give you the honor to decide. lol

thanks for everything

mbie's out

p e a c e