Chapter 5

Days

Chapter 5: The Day Where the Future Lies in Front of Us.

“B-Baekki?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widens as he looked at the person in front of him. The said man looked at him with a smile on his face.

“Long time no see....Channie ah...”

Baekhyun greeted him making Chanyeol dumbfounded. The person he didn’t see for 6 years is now here in front of him. The person that confessed his feelings to him but rejected him without thinking about the other’s feelings. Memories rushed up to his brain.

“Hey Chanyeol? You okay?” Baekhyun waved his hands in front of Chanyeol making the said latter snapped back to reality.

“Huh? Ah...yeah. I’m okay. You’ve changed a lot....Your hair, your eyes, your clothes....everything. You’ve changed a lot Baekhyun hyung...” Chanyeol complimented as he examined the older from head to toe. Baekhyun chuckled at the compliment.

“Yeah...I have...So how are you? Are you and Kris...?” Baekhyun asked with the hint of anxiousness and curiosity in it. Chanyeol closed his eyes before opening it with a sigh escaped from his mouth.

“I’m doing fine together with Kris. About me and Kris....” He stopped when one of the doctors called him.

“Mrs. Wu!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s head snapped to where the voice came from. Chanyeol spotted a lab coat with a marking of light blue on the hems; he knew that the doctor who called him was the one who’s in charge of making medicines and herbs. A smile was formed on his face as he greeted the doctor.

“Dr. Jongdae! It’s nice to see you!” Chanyeol beamed as he offered a handshake which the latter comply.

“Is your husband in there?” Jongdae pointed on the room with a quirky smile. Chanyeol smiled before nodding his head. Jongdae ‘oh-ed’ before he saw someone who is in front of Chanyeol.

“And who is this Mrs. Wu?” Jongdae pointed at the short boy. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun before looking at Jongdae with a weird smile.

“Erm...his my best friend.” Chanyeol answered nervously. Jongdae raised an eyebrow.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun. I’m best friends with Kris and Chanyeol.” Baekhyun introduced himself. Jongdae smiled and offered a handshake which Baekhyun took.

“Kim Jongdae. Head Doctor of Medicines and Herbs.” Jongdae introduced himself before breaking off the handshake. Then, Jongdae looked at his watch and his eyes widens.

“Oh my....I got to go now. And when I say now...I meant really now. Catch you later Mrs. Wu and nice meeting you Baekhyun ah.” Jongdae uttered before sprinting his way until he was out of sight. Chanyeol sighed before shaking his head.

“So...you and Kris are....” Baekhyun trailed off. Chanyeol looked at his once best friend before nodding his head.

“Yeah. We’re married. After we’ve graduated college, we immediately planned our marriage...and yeah. We’re together.” Chanyeol uttered. Baekhyun looked down before putting up a pained smile on his face as he faced Chanyeol.

“Belated Congratulations Chanyeol ah.” Baekhyun spoke with a hint of sadness and pain in it. Chanyeol felt pity for Baekhyun and tried to ask him.

“Do you still...love me?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun stared at him before answering his question.

“Yes...I still love you Chanyeol ah....I tried to forget you but...I just can’t. I would always drink some alcohols just to make me forget about you just for the slightest moment but...no. It just won’t work.” Baekhyun spoke as tears welled up in his eyes.

Chanyeol was about to say something when Kris called him.

“Honey? You there? Who are you talking to?” Kris called up to him as he walked nearer to his wife until his beside him.

“Who are you talking to?” Kris asked again. Chanyeol blinked before looking in front of him. There was no one in front of him. There’s no sight of Baekhyun. Chanyeol blinked and looked at the hallways but there’s no sign of Baekhyun.

“Jagiya?” Kris asked worriedly to his wife because his calls weren’t answered. Chanyeol turned to his husband and shaked his head.

“Ah...No one. It’s nothing.” Chanyeol smiled to his husband. Seeing the smile from his wife, Kris planted a soft kiss to his wife’s lips. Kris pulled back and the boy’s hair.

“Shall we take a good cup of coffee?” Kris offered which the boy smiled widely as an answer. Kris left his wife at the door to make a coffee for his wife. Chanyeol looked once more on the hallways checking if Baekhyun was there, but he’s not really there.

“Honey~ you’re coffee is here!” Kris shouted. A smile was formed on the latter’s face. He checked once more before shutting the door.

“I’m coming~”

~

A month later~

“Hey Lay...do you remember something about your past life?” Suho asked the latter who is busy cooking at the kitchen.

“Hmm? Aniyo. I don’t remember any. I just remembered I was walking on the street and then I out. Only that.” Lay answered back before putting up the food on the table.

“Breakfast is ready Hyung.”

Suho stood up from the couch and walked to the dining room and sat across Lay. Both ate their breakfast in silence before Lay broke it.

“Hyung... I don’t mean to pry on your life but can I know who the man beside you is? Erm...you know on the frame beside the lampshade on your room.” Lay asked causing Suho to stop forking the food. Suho remained silent and hanged his head low.

Silence lingers in the room.

Until Lay broke it with an awkward excuse.

“I’m sorry. You don’t need to answer it. I mean it’s your personal life and all...ahaha...” Lay awkwardly scratched his nape.

“He was an important person...” Suho started playing with the food. Lay put down his hand and stared at Suho.

“He was a very important person in my life...” Suho trailed off with sadness and pain lingers in his voice as Lay stared at him, sadness and pity could be seen in his eyes.

~

“Erm....Suho ah...” Suho looked up from the book that he was reading and looked at Lay with a smile on his face.

“Yes? What is it Lay?” Suho patted the couch where the younger complied. Lay sat beside him shyly earning him a soft chuckle from the older.

“Err...Suho ah...could you tell me more about your lover? If you don’t want to...it’s okay.”

“Aniya. It’s okay.” Lay looked up to him with a ‘Are-you-sure’ face. Suho chuckled before nodding his head.

“Well...where should I start....well my lover’s name is Zhang Yixing. He was a transfer student from China.”

“How did the two of you met?” Lay asked as he rested his head on the older’s chest. Suho his hair before looking at the picture frame of him and Yixing as he reminisce the memories.

“Me and Yixing? Well...I was walking my way to school when someone bumped me into me.”

“And that’s Yixing sshi?”

“Yep. We met on my class as one of the three new transfer students from China. I remembered him delaying his introduction and also his smiles...whenever he smiles...his dimples come up. When he smiled during that certain day...I knew I was in love with him.”

“Wow....that was romantic Suho ah! But why is he not with you? Where is he?” Lay asked not thinking what he just asked. Suho was left dumbfounded for a minute before putting up a pained smile.

“He left me.” Suho whispered. Lay is quite confused with what he said so he asked again.

“What do you mean? Where is he? America?” Suho chuckled before it turned into a silence. He looked at the picture and brought up a sad and painful smile.

“Aniyo. That’s not what I meant. What I meant is....he’s gone. He’s gone for good.”

“Oh....I’m sorry.”Lay apologized with a guilt feeling. Suho shooked his head in response.

“Aniyo it’s okay.” Suho spoke up. But in truth; his not. Remembering the day where he lost him, he just completely lost it. Lay looked up and saw a pained expression of Suho and tears were flowing out from his eyes.. His heart ache and he knew why Suho has that face.

Slowly his hand reached up to Suho’s face and caressed the older’s cheek.

“Suho ah...don’t cry. It hurts me to see you cry.” Lay whispered with worried expression. Suho smiled and closed his eyes. Lay cup up the older’s face and pulled him into a deep kiss.

Breaking off the kiss, both looked at each other’s eyes. Enormous emotions were seen on their eyes, but one emotion stood up and was seen clearly in it.

Love.

Suho’s hand caressed his cheeks before putting up a warm smile.

“I love you...”

_______________________________________________________________

Well this is the end. I'm so sad...waaahhh! It's so much fun writing this. Well, I want to thank my dear subscribers, commentors, and readers for reading this fic and for tuning on it. I love you guys! *throws a lot of hearts and cookies* Bye bye! Pyong~