Hiding in the Wake of my Shadow

Bonds . . .

Chapter Six

H i d i n g i n t h e W a k e o f m y S h a d o w

Ryeowook's POV

It was the bright rays of sunlight that filtered through my room that woke me.  I turned to look at the clock on my bedside table. The numbers read 6:03.  Cursing to myself, I tossed the blue covers off my bed and went to get dressed.  As soon as I looked over to the bed that was unoccupied, I remembered the events of last night.  With a sigh I threw something on and went off to find Mi Hyun.  I honestly had no idea where she would have gone, so this task proved difficult.  I was thinking to myself about where she would have gone, and it occurred to me that she might be in the singing room, or the dance room, or even the gym our condo had.

With a smile, I ran to the elevator and pressed the number 2 button.  The doors soon opened and I walked out, looking left and right I decided to go right and check out the vocal rooms.  I opened room 1a and saw it was vacant.  I went and opened room 1b, room 2a, and room 2b.  All were open.  I went to room 3c - our biggest recording studio - and saw that Kyuhyun was sitting in the room with someone.  I was tempted to barge in and ruin his moment, but as I slowly made out the face it was our leader Leeteuk he was speaking too.  I gulped.  A sudden knot of nervousness pooled in my stomach.  I quietly exited the room and decided to go check the massive dance room that resided on the same floor as the vocal rooms. 

This time I went left and opened the door to our practice room since I couldn't see anyone through the small plexiglass window part I assumed the room was vacant.  What I didn't expect was Mi Hyun laying on the ground, she was sleeping.  I walked up to her sleeping frame and kneeled.  She had her black hoodie pulled over her head.  I pulled it down and saw her hair was pooled around her.  Her hand was covering her neck; my curiosity got the best of me.  I removed her hand and my eyes widened to the size of saucers.  There was a dark blue-black like bruise there.  I fell flat on my , still staring.  The next thing I did was check her forehead for a temperature, it was a bit warm.  I placed one hand under her head, and the other arm by her calves.  With a grunt, I hefted her up into my arms - bridal style.  I walked out of the practice room and to the elevator.  Just as I pressed the "up" arrow Leeteuk and Kyuhyun walked up to join me.  Leeteuk spoke with a bewildered look on his face.

"What happened to Mi Hyun!?"  He asked.  I pinned my steely gaze onto Kyuhyun.  'He knows what happened'.  I thought bitterly, but spoke anyway.  "She's sick. I think she was practicing last night in the dance room after the club.  She's caked in sweat, so she has a small fever.  Leave her in my care, I'll make sure she recovers."  From my peripheral vision I could see Kyuhyun's jaw clench.  His whole body tensed up.  On the inside I was doing a victory dance.  Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun then back to me smiling.  "Ah, alright.  Well since we all have time off it's a good thing this happened now.  Nurse her back to health Wookie~"  Leeteuk said.  I nodded as all three of us walked into the elevator.  Leeteuk clicked the twenty-two button and the elevator started to slowly rise.  Kyuhyun stood by me which surprised me to a great deal.

Mi Hyun shifted in my arms.  She burried her head in the crook of my neck and whispered "Kyuhyun" only loud enough for me and Kyuhyun to hear.  I looked at him, my shock drained into anger.  He looked back smirking.  "I'll win again, so let her go."  Kyuhyun said.  I almost let out a growl but kept myself quiet.  The steel gray doors opened and all of us walked out.  Leeteuk left without saying a word; Kyuhyun and I were left standing there, right outside the elevator doors.  I hated this, but in order to make eye contact with Kyuhyun I had look tilt my head up to look at him.  

"Listen to me and listen well, I will never, ever, let Mi Hyun go.  So back off and leave her alone, or I will have you hung in cold blood."  With that comment, I my heels and walked down the red carpeted hallway.  I fumbled with my pocket before yanking the key out.  I jammed it into the doorknob and unlocked the door.  My feet trudged across the wooden floor and set Mi Hyun down on my bed.  I ped her black hoodie and took it off, then tossed it aside.  It fell discarded somewhere on the mahogany floor.  I her hair, then caressed her cheek.  Her eyes were wet with tears.  I felt a pang in my heart, my hand moved up to massage my chest.

"Why.. Why does my heart ache for you like this?"  I asked her even though she couldn't hear me.  "Why..?"  The girl stirred, and my breath hitched.  She took another breath and returned to sleeping peacefully.  I got up and grabbed a white wash cloth.  I wet it in the bathroom and returned with a small steel bowl with luke-warm water.  I rang the cloth out and placed it on Mi Hyun's forehead.  I continued to her cheek.  I bend over to my nightstand table and pulled out a square bandaid.  I also grabbed some gozz.  Placing the gozz on Mi Hyun's bruise, I gently attached the bandaid to it.  Then I smiled.  "I'm not that bad of a doctor."  A surge of triumph coursed through my veins.  "I'll take care of you Mi Hyun."  With that said I laid down by her and hugged her into my arms.  She lay there breathing through , lips slightly parted.  I smiled and fell asleep soon as well.

Mi Hyun's POV

I woke up to face darkness.  I had to blink the sleep out of my eyes before I could adjust to were I was and apparently who I was with - Kim Ryeowook.  I felt his arm wrapped around me, and how his body fit with mine perfectly.  God, it was a good feeling.  I felt so safe; like no one would ever hurt me.  Before I knew what I was doing, I rested my head on his free left arm - right by the crook of his neck.  Moonlight illuminated the sea blue room and made my hair look brown.  The feeling bubbling within me was new.  I have never felt like this ever with another human being, but being with Ryeowook felt right.  There was no possible way I could chill out here forever -to my dismay- so I attempted to get up.  Just then, a stiff pain shot through my neck and my head started to throb.  "Ahh-ow.."  I moaned out in pain.  A cold, damp wet cloth feel onto my hand.  It surprised me at first, but then I saw it was just a cloth.

I coughed and placed the cloth on the light brown table beside Ryeowook's bed.  I also felt my forehead, and sure enough it was a little warm.  "When did I get sick?"  I mumbled, then felt my cheeks.  They were also warm.  "It's just a common cold."  I repeated, feeling a bit relieved.  Then my hand went to search my neck, to find the source of the 'knife-stabbing' like pain.  The events of last night slowly came back to my mind.  I turned red and bit my lower lip.  I now knew what the pain was, it was a massive hickey caused by no other than - yup, that's right the stalker man himself.  I groaned, then decided to go clean myself up.  I grabbed some white Adidas shorts and a pink tank top.  A nice walk would help me clear my mind.

Twenty or so minutes later I walked out of the bathroom fully dressed, and bathed.  My hair was also dried.  I prayed that Ryeowook would still be asleep even with all the noise I was making.  As I walked out, we made eye contact.  He was awake.  He was also dressed in blue jeans and a dark green t-shirt.  "You're going out in that?"  He questioned chuckling.  "How about you change into something.. Non sports-like, and we'll go."  He said looking at me.  His stare did not leave room for me to argue.  It was cold-steeled - the first time I'd seen it - and it frightened me a bit.  

"O..Okay."  I went back to the bathroom, changed, and then came out.  Ryeowook grabbed me by my hand and entwined our fingers.  He looked at me smiling.  "You know now, right?  That I... like you."  He said.  He admitted it.  The reality of this situation hit me.  'Kim Ryeowook - the Ryeowook from Super Junior likes me.  Cho Kyuhyun - the Kyuhyun from Super Junior also likes me..  This won't do.'  I thought, then snapped back to reality.  "..I.. I don't know how to respond to that."  I said honestly.  I saw the look.  He looked so.. so disheartened.  So sad.

I thought back to last night.  I had made my choice.  I wouldn't go to that lying, creeping Kyuhyun - ever.  My grip on Ryeowook's hand tightened.  "I'll.. give it, I mean us a shot."  I said slowly.  I saw Ryeowook smile up at me.  Before I knew it Ryeowook leaned into to place a chasted kiss on my lips.  He pulled me out the door and we went off to quickly reach the elevator.  I adjusted my 'scarf' to make sure it covered the hickey.  I still had no idea if Ryeowook knew about what Kyuhyun did.  As soon as we got to the elevator the doors opened; standing there was none other than the bastard - you guessed it, Cho Kyuhyun.  He smirked at me and I looked away while crossing my hands over my chest.  Ryeowook grabbed Kyuhyun's left forearm.  Everyone stopped in surprise.  Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at Ryewook.  "Y..Yah!  Let him go!"  I said while shaking Ryeowook's free hand.  A deep voice spoke up.  "Ryeowook-hyung, can you please let me go."  Kyuhyun said with a certain venom laced in his voice.  Ryeowook tightened his grip, and I could hear Kyuhyun's back leather jacket 'squeak'.  

"Don't you dare touch Mihyun ever again.  You might be a member in Super Junior, but if you harm her you will never, ever be anything to me again."  With that said, Ryeowook pulled me into the elevator and shut the door.  I stared at him in shock.  "Rye.. Ryeowook.."  I said slowly, eyeing his every move.  He appeared to be calming quickly so I smiled and grabbed his hand.  Our fingers intwined.  He let go and gave me a big hug while pushing me up against one of the elevator walls.  My heart fluttered.  He then whispered in my ear: "I won't let him touch you again.  I won't let him.  Ever, ever again.  I'm here for you now."  Every fiber in my being shook.  I nodded.  Just nodded.

Mihyun, what are you doing?   Oh, I know exactly what I'm doing!  I'm leading on two of the Super Junior members!  Good grief, their fans are going to be pissed at me.  I can't let anything go down between those two.  I'll just have to, to.. Reject them?  Right?  I think that's what I'm supposed to do.  I put both my hands on Ryeowook's chest and pushed him away from me.  "No."  I said.  His grip slacked a bit and I felt a pang in my heart.  This is just terrible!  I'm a terrible human being!  I thought.  When I saw Ryeowook's wounded face though, that's when I just felt like dirt.  A ding sounded as the elevator doors started to open.  Before I could make a move to escape Ryeowook shut the doors and pressed the rooftop button.  My eye's went wide.  God no, what had I just gotten myself into!?  "R-Ryeowook?"  I said in a weak whisper.  He stood there with his hands on either side of me.  He was blocking any and all possible escape routes.  "Don't say that.  You said you would give us a chance!"  He said in a low voice.  I got chills.  I didn't know Ryeowook even had a low voice, but I do now and it scared the living crap out of me.  "Listen.  I get where you're coming from but trust me when I say that Cho Kyuhyun doesn't have any interest in you.  He is playing you!  I'm the one that really likes you.  Why can't you see that?"  He said, and I could hear the hurt and the pain in his voice.  I had hurt him again.  Before I could reply he leaned in and pressed his soft lips onto mine.  They were moist and dominating.  Ryeowook had a lot of sides that people didn't know about.  All the fans just think he is the eternal innocent maknae when in fact he isn't anymore.  I was to stunned to kiss back; even an attempt to push him away from me didn't work.  My eye's finally closed as I gave in.  His right arm dropped as he circled it around my waist and pulled me closer.  I needed to breathe because my mind still wasn't into this kiss.  He bit my bottom lip and I know what he wanted, but I certainly wouldn't give into it.  It would be just like the first time.  Firmly, I pushed him away. He staggered back a few steps and looked at me hurt.  I didn't know what to do.  Ryeowook pressed a random number and the elevator stopped at that floor.  Coincidently it was the floor Kyuhyun and all the other members were on.  

Ryeowook got out of the elevator and started to walk towards his room.  From the corner of my eye I thought I saw Kyuhyun smirking, but I think I was just imagining it.  That bastard was even starting to get inside my head. I didn't want to go back to the room so I decided to head up to the roof.  Before the doors closed though, somone walked in.  I asked before looking.  "Which floor?"  I heard a low voice reply "the roof" and my fists clenched.  I knew who it was.  It was him.  I started to walk out the doors but a strong arm yanked me back into the elevator.  I hit a solid chest.  It was Kyuhyun's.  He clamped his free hand on my mouth and the other hand that had grabbed me was resting around my voice.  "You still owe me something?  Am I right?  That problem you gave me last night, I had to take care of it.  Today though, you might be the one to deal with it."  I tensed up in his hold.  What he did came back to me.  I shivered and he laughed.  He ing laughed at me.  With renewed strength I ripped his hands off me and spun around to face him.  With a clenched fist I swung.  The blow hit him square in the jaw.  He stepped back and felt the left side of his face while glaring at me.  I shook my hand out.  "Ow.. OW!   THAT HURT!"  I said loudly.  He laughed at me, again.  Then I glared at him.  "That was for.. taking advantage of me!"  I said while shaking my hurt fist at him.  He just sighed and brushed his small injury off.  

"It's not polite to hit people."  He said and walked towards me.  Both of his hands caged me in.  The elevator then dinged and the doors opened.  "!"  I said as I started to fall.  Before my head smashed into the concrede rooftop a strong hand grabbed my waste and head.  I was pulled close against Kyuhyun's chest.  I could smell him, and he did smell good.  He pushed both of us out of the elevator and out onto the rooftop.  Then he did something unexpected, he let me go.  "I just want to talk."  He said as he went to go stand by one of the edges.  I ran up to him and grabbed his arm.  "Uh, no.  You could fall!  Last thing I need is you dead."  I saw him smirk.  Then I let go.  "You know what, nevermind do whatever you want!"  I said while turning my back to him.  "So.. Um, what do you want to talk about?"  I asked.  He looked at me, I could feel it.  I didn't need to see Kyuhyun's eye's on me because you could feel them looking at you.  
 

"You.  I wanna talk about you."  He said.  A cool mid-afternoon breeze blew through my fiery red hair.  So much time had gone by since this morning.  It had to be at least two-thirty by now.  My heart felt like it was closed in a cage, and the one that had the key to all it's answers and feelings was Kyuhyun.
 

 

--

AMG.  IT'S NOW DONE!  For the people who actually read this thank you so much!  I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like four months.  My muse for this story was shot through but with the 6jib out I thought I might as well finish this story.  I'm going to try and turn it into a short story that'll have under twenty chapters. 83  IT WILL GET DONE THO.  And oh hohohoho.. I SEE THE CONECTION STARTING TO GET ESTABLISHED.  Poor Ryeowook tho.. 8C

 

E/N: Look at fancy little me writin in my fancy little blue with my fancy little Georgia font. Isn't this nice? My brain needs some color after reading through all that black text in such a small font @^@ You torture me Usagi-san!

Jkjk, Junjou references aside, good to have you back in the saddle again! I have no idea what 6jib is, but I'm glad it brought your muse back to life! (Maybe I should get my in gear too instead of watching Kuroko no Harem Basuke all day...?) Okay, I'm done babbling. Nice to have ya back Usagi! Yes, I'm calling you that now.

Gee well thats sure nice nao isn't it demon editor san? cx