The Mind, Seoul, and Body

Bonds . . .

 

 

Chapter One

T h e  M i n d , S e o u l , a n d  B o d y 

 

                The clock that hung on the spotless pearly-white wall read 2:57pm and all the kids in class 3b were restless.  It was as if the ticking of the clock could be heard by every student sitting at their desks.  The clock’s ticking stood out one student in particular though – Mi Hyun.  Mi Hyun is your average eighteen year old girl; she’s the smart, mean, quiet girl that everyone avoids.  She has dark red hair, weighs about one-hundred and twenty pounds, and measures at 5’7’’. 

The time now read 3:00pm, and a shrill bell-sound could be heard throughout the halls of East Grandeur High School.  “Ah~ Finally!  Goodbye school, goodbye annoying people, goodbye evil teachers.”  Mi Hyun said quietly, because if anyone where to hear her things might not go so well for her.  A girl with light orange hair bounced up to Mi Hyun smiling.  She ‘fluffed’ her hair and tapped the girl on the shoulder.

“Can’t believe we’re finally done, now all we have is the Graduation ceremony.  Ha-hmm~!  I’m so happy, let’s have a sleepover Mi Hyun-unni.”  The girl smiled again.  This girl is known as Kyung Ji, Mi Hyun’s best – and only – friend.  Mi Hyun stared at her friend, looked around then returned her smile.

"No can do, I'm busy tonight.  Plus we have Graduation tomorrow.. Sorry."  Mi Hyun said with an apologetic look then tapped her friend on the shoulder.  "I'll make it up to you, I promise!"  She called while turning around ready to leave.  Before she could get anywhere though, Kyung Ji said something. 

 "Supper Jumper relized their new sung - open!"  Mi Hyun didn't register what the younger said due to her terrible hearing.  She smirked then thought to herself; Must have something to do with those Super Junior people.  Mi Hyun smiled at the thought because all her friend ever talked about these days were K-Pop.  Mi Hyun hadn't quite gotten into it, and she didn't plan on doing so even though she was of Korean decent.  "So what?  It's got nothing to do with me."  Though Mi Hyun couldn't help but hear her parents constant nagging about her getting to know more about her heritage.  "Aish, who cares anyways!"  She mumbled a bit to loudly.  Some of the other students snickered at her, but Mi Hyun kept walking with her head down.

Once she reached her locker she tossed all her school things into her bag.  "I can't believe this is it.. College.  Wow.  You've come far Cho Mi Hyun, you've done well."  She said to herself, smiling.  There wasn't much to take home because their teachers told the kids to take home their stuff earlier.  "Time to go home and start my relaxing summer!"  With a large grin plastered onto her face Mi Hyun left the school - but not before saying goodbye and tank you to her teachers - and started to walk home.  Within twenty minutes she was home, the teen turned down Oak Street then down Cherry Blossom Avenue and reached her house.  "Hello big house.  I missed you."  She walked into the big house to be greeted by her family, and when Mi Hyun saw what lay in front of her she jaw-dropped.  "The Hell!?"  She said softly, but her dad heard.

Mi Hyun's POV

"Watch your language young lady, but surprise!  You're going on vacation!"  My mom and little brother came up to hug me, then my father.  He gave me a bouquet of pink roses and smiled.  "You'll be going to Seoul, Korea.  To learn more about your family tree, and what not.  You also have a job working as an assistant manager for a famous musical band!"  My mom chimes in, and then my facial expression drops.

"Oh."  I said, then looked at the bags all packet in front of me.  "So, my laptops in there right?"  I only asked because my laptop held all my music, my bag held my ipod and phone.  I couldn't live without them., they are a part of my "family".  My brother nodded, and then my parents picked my things up and ushered me out the door.

"We're leaving right now!?" I asked, bewildered.  My mom answered in a short 'yes'.  I was tucked into the car along with my mom, brother and father.  In the next three hours I was on the plane and on my way to Korea apparently.  It had all happened so fast, the last thing my parents said to me was: 'Cho Mi Hyun, you make this family proud and help out the band to the best of your abilities."  I knew that this would just be a step in grooming be to take over their company.  I scoffed at the thought of doing such a thing.

"As if I could ever do that."  I pulled out my gray-ish pre-payed phone and plugged the ear phones into my ears.  I wasn't one for K-Pop, but J-Pop was a different story.  Smiling, I clicked "Forbidden Love" by U-Kiss and fell asleep to it.  There was a loud 'THUD', and the next thing I knew the plane had landed onto Korean ground.  I got up retrieved my bags, checked in with the airport.  I did everything your supposed to do then realized that I had no idea about where to go.  I sat down on a bench and rubbed my forehead.  "Aish!  Those idiots, ship me off to this place and don't even tell me where the hell I'm going!"  I screamed, everyone looked at me - and suddenly I felt really embarrassed. "Uh.. Um.. Oh.. Sorry, sorry."  I said with an apologetic look on my face.  Suddenly I felt a hand clamp down on my shoulder, I quickly turned around thinking it was security but.. It wasn't.

It was this cute little guy, with another cute little guy.  "You must be.. Cho Mi Hyun-yang..?"  The one with black hair asked, smiling.  "I am Lee Sungming, and this is my friend Kim Ryeowook."  The two names sounded familiar.  I thought about if for a moment, then quickly pulled out my phone.  The boy known as Ryeowook sighed, but I looked through my phone's song playlist.  Surely enough I found the only song I know by Super Junior known as "Sorry Sorry Answer".  I muted my phone and watched the MV I had saved onto my phone.  "Oh."  I stopped the part of the video when a man like Ryeowook showed up.  "Oh.. Oh!  You guys are apart of that one band.  What was it again...?  Super something, yea?"  Ryeowook looked at me with a look that I registered as "WTF? You don't know us and you're working for us!?"  Sungmin blinked a few times and stared at me.  "Ah.. Haha, yea.  Super Junior."  He corrected me.  I smiled.

"Thank you..  Sorry.. I don't know much about K-Pop."  They both nodded, then they both turned to great someone new.  He was tall, had brown wavy hair and eye's that looked like they would kill you.  My breathing hitched, he scared the out of me.  

"Hello...?"  He said, giving me a questioning look.  I blinked then breathed.  "Uh.. Erm, Cho- Cho Mi Hyun."  He raised if eye brows, then Sungmin and Ryeowook laughed a bit.  "How funny, she has the same name as this punk."  The tall guy turned around and glared at Ryeowook, then turned back to me.  

"I am Cho Kyuhyun."  He said coldly, then turned around and started to walk away.  Sungmin grabbed my bags, and Ryeowook took my hand and smiled.  "He's a bit intimidating when you first meet him, I'm sure you'll warm up to him eventually."  I blinked a few times, then gave a disgusting face.  

"Yea right.  For Korean people, you guys sure speak good English."  I said, smirking.  Sungmin answered me, "We study - for the fans!"  He said beaming a smile.  I smiled to - perhaps this summer wouldn't be that bad.  We reached a black car, I got into the back seat, Ryewook came in after me and then Sungmin ad Kyuhyun were in the front.  I pulled out my ipod and started to shuffle through the songs until I found a good U-Kiss song to listen to.  It was "Tick Tack", Ryeowook peered over enough to see what I was looking at.

 "Oh!  You're a U-Kiss fan?"  He said outloud, then they all turned to look at me.  "Funny how you like them but not us.~"  Ryeowook said childishly, Sungmin hit him over the head.  "Yah!  Be nice."  I stared at them.  "Listen, I'm not a single minded American 'kay?  I actually have one song of you guys on here.."  I hesitated before speaking again.  "It's called Sorry Sorry Answer.  It's the only song I've ever heard, and I haven't really had time to look up more things besides a song called 'Super Girl' which was really cool too.."  I mumbled, they looked at me expectantly.  I felt someone coldly staring at me.  

"Well then, your off on a good foot.  Out of the two, which song do you like more."  Sungming said.  I looked back.  "Sorry Sorry Answer, the vocals make me want to melt.  I have one particular favorite singer in there though - oh!  The two that rap at the end as well.~  I love them."  I smiled, Ryeowook suddenly looked at me seriously while Kyuhyun started to drive the car.  "Who, who is the singer!?"  He said, almost shaking me.

 "It's.. It's.. Kyuhyun-sshi.."  I scratched my head and Sungmin grinned. "Ah.. So you like his voice the most.  Kyuhyun-ah, you'll have to sing for her sometime.  What do yo-"  Sungmin turned to ask me a question but saw me listening to music, sleeping with my head up against the window.  Ryeowook smiled a bit.

 "Wish it was me, but Kyuhyun.. You're lucky..  She seems like a nice fan to have."  Sungmin also nodded in agreement to Ryeowook's words.

"This will be an interesting summer, eh?"  Sungmin said chuckling. 

--

HAHA~ SO HAPPY IT'S NOW DONE!  I worked for about an hour on it, so I hope you all enjoy.  I do NOT physically own Super Junior - but mentally I do. (:  If anyone would like to help me make a banner for this story - I would be eternally greatful. <3

 

Thank you all, and I hope you enjoy this story.  I'll work hard to make it turn out good.

~B