The Beginning

I'm Glad I Found You

CHAPTER 1:

[FLASHBACK]

 It cannot be. That is definitely not my DooJoon. Her vision was clouded with tears and they were fiercely running down her beautiful face. Memories of how they spent their first Christmas together, how they watched the sunrise on a beach, how he confessed to her on a bus ride home, how they shared their first kiss… This cannot be.

Stopping in front of the couple she asked,

 

“Wh…What…What is this?...” GaIn forced herself to ask, tears still streaming down her face.

 

DooJoon had his arms around Lizzy, GaIn’s best friend for 5 years.

DooJoon looked at GaIn with an apologetic glance.

 

“GaIn-ah, I’m sorry, I should have told you this before, but I couldn’t…. I’ve fallen in love with Lizzy. Let’s just break up. I’m so sorry…”

 

GaIn just stared at the couple in front of her. Pain pierced every fibre of her being. How could they do this to me…. How…?

 

GaIn looked at Lizzy who avoided her gaze, nudging her face into DooJoon’s chest. DooJoon just stood there watching GaIn as though she was an object of pity.

 

GaIn started to laugh. A bitter laughter laced with pain and agony. She turned around and ran. She ran as fast as she could. She had to get away.

 

She did not know where she was after blindly running forward.

 

All those times we spent together, all the promises and memories we shared, it was all a… lie? How can so much happiness cause so much pain?

 

Exhausted, she collapsed on a bench nearby. She sobbed uncontrollably. Sinking deeper into the darkness of the night.  

 

How I wish I could just disappear here. It hurts. It hurts so much.

 

Looking up, she saw the dark, bleak sky.  

 

Son Ga In… Never again…you must never let yourself hurt like that ever again. Once is enough.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

Ga in stared down at her injured hand and thought about all the moments she shared with Kwon, how she closed herself up towards everyone,how she was so cold towards him at first and then his sweet gestures and caring attitude, his kkap-ness, his ability to make her laugh despite everything, his understanding, their bickering…

 

A smile crept up her face without her knowing. Am I in love again? I warned myself not to fall for anyone, I told myself to put up a strong front, to become stronger. I have succeeded, but after meeting Kwon through WGM, things seemed to have change. I don’t know why or how but I feel like I can actually trust him. What is Kwonnie to me exactly…?

 

Suddenly, her hospital door flung wide open and a slim, toned, not-very-tall man burst into the ward, breaking her thoughts.

 

“GA IN NOONA!!!!!!!”

 

“Omo…Kwon-ah?!”

 

“Are you all right? I was so worried!!!”

 

Kwon darted towards GaIn’s side and started checking her limbs to see if they were still mobile and for signs of injury or discomfort.

 

”Where did you hurt yourself... is it just your hand? Do you need to go and have a more thorough check up? What if you have a concussion… or maybe a..”

 

“KWON-AH! Calm down! I’m fine.” GaIn said while trying to avoid Kwon’s examination. She felt like a child.

 

“I just hurt my left hand during filming for a variety show. It’s just my hand, I’ll be okay. Anyway, why are you here? Don’t you have schedules to attend?”

 

“Oh… well… I was supposed to have a rehearsal with the 2AM members but after hearing about your  condition from Jea unnie, I could not focus during my performance just now and the other members realized I would not be able to concentrate on the rehearsal anyway since I was so worried, so they let me come visit you. And noona! Please be careful next time, don’t hurt yourself anymore, it’s your fault that I almost forgot to sing my part during the performance earlier.” Kwon pouted.

 

What? Why? We’re just friends right? Was he really so affected?

 

“Huh…? Kwon-ah… you don’t have to be so worried you know…why are you even so worried anyway? We’re just friends… you don’t see Seu Long forgetting to sing his part just because I hurt my hand… ” GaIn said, a little shocked at how much Kwon cared for her.

 

After saying that, GaIn realized that Kwon looked hurt. His initial enthusiasm died down and he turned away with a strange expression on his face.

After a few moments of silence, Kwon said,

 

“Is that how you see it...?”

GaIn was slightly taken aback by Kwon’s question.

 

“Uh…Kwon-ah…I know you’re worried, but you shouldn’t let it affect you so much… I mean… we’re close, but we’re friends and… “

 

“Fine.”

 

Kwon started to stand up.

 

“I’ll leave now ok?”

 

“Yah… Kwon-ah… why are you being like this? Why are you suddenly so cold towards me?”

“You really don’t know?”

 

“Huh…I…” GaIn stammered.

 

“I love you Son Ga In. I love you. That’s why.”