Bungee!

Scarlet Necklace

“Umm.. Baekhyun, you’re making this awkward,” Yejin bit her lip.

“Right. Ma bad. Sorry,” Baekhyun smiled. “I’ll go join the others. See you around.”

“Bye,” Yejin smiled back meekly as he left the empty classroom.

Are you sure we’re soulmates? There seems to be no progress between us apart from just being friends. Maybe it was just a coincidence after all..

Baekhyun sighed inwardly as he felt his necklace before dragging his feet to look for the other five. He found them still at their usual table in the cafeteria. Wordlessly, he sat and empty seat and pouted.

“What’s up, Byun Baek?” Chanyeol poked his cheek.

“Nothing,” Baekhyun shook his head.

“That face tells me otherwise,” Suho looked at him worriedly.

“Mmf,” Baekhyun rested his head on the table.

“Must be his soulmate,” Sehun whispered.

“Yejin?” D.O raised an eyebrow, glancing at the slumped over Baekhyun.

"Hyung, are you sure you like Yejin because she is who she is, or because she's labeled as your 'soulmate' based on a necklace which, if I may add, doesn't come from a very reliable source," Kai asked.

"At first I thought I liked her because she was labeled as my soulmate, but then after getting to know her, even if my necklace shone in some other girl's palm, I'd choose Yejin. But I don't know if she'll do the same," Baekhyun sighed.

“Aww. Don’t worry, Byun Baek. She’ll fall for you soon,” Chanyeol nudged him encouragingly.

“How soon?” Baekhyun sighed.

“Well it hasn’t been that long since you met her. These things take time,” Suho patted his shoulder.

“Guess so,” Baekhyun sat up. Break ended and lessons carried on as usual. Minji and Hyosung snuck back loads of kimbap so the three could pig out together during History lessons. Their teacher was a total idiot and couldn’t teach to save his own life. At least he gave out printed notes they could refer to so they weren’t failing. School ended and Yejin was excused from cleaning duty because of her leg. When she hobbled out the classroom, Baekhyun was waiting for her by the door.

What, does he like me or something?

“Hey,” he smiled as usual and took her file.

“Since you have Mr. Helpful Bacon over here, we’re going!” Minji and Hyosung shot Baekhyun a knowing smile and chucked her backpack to Baekhyun before running off.

“Idiots,” Yejin frowned. “Give my bag to me, I can carry that on my own.”

“No it’s okay, I’ll take it,” Baekhyun slung the bag in front. “Locker first, right?”

Yejin smiled gratefully. “Thanks.”

“Anything for you,” Baekhyun smiled back.

“Can I ask you something?”

“You just did,” Baekhyun chuckled but stopped when Yejin shot him a glare. “Okay, go ‘head.”

“Why are you so nice to me? What do you want? Lunch? Money?”

“What, so you think I’m only helping you because I want something in return?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “Okay maybe I do.”

Ha! I knew it. What is it? What do you want?” Yejin asked, genuinely curious.

“When you recover, you have to go on a date with. Just us two,” Yejin was stunned by his wish.

“Just us?” She looked at him in confusion. “Well, okay. That isn’t so hard.”

“Really? You promise?” Baekhyun stared her, half happy and half shocked that she actually agreed.

“Yep,” she smiled. “So you’re helping me just because of that reason?”

“Well..” Baekhyun bit his lip. “Yeah. Sort of.”

“Tsk. You’re so simpleminded,” Yejin shook her head and opened her locker. She took the file from him and put it inside before locking it shut.

“Is Heechul hyung picking you up?”

“Nope. His bike’s still under repair,” she answered. After making sure she got on the cab safely, Baekhyun went back home.

To Yejin:
Are you home safe?

From Yejin:
Yep! Thanks for everything. :)

To Yejin:
I can do more. Just for you~

From Yejin:
Stop being so nice, I’ll fall for you that way. Keke.

To Yejin:
Good! Hurry and fall for my charms~ ^^

From Yejin: 
Crazy oppa.

To Yejin:
That’s right, I’m your oppa! Call me Handsome Oppa from now on.

From Yejin:
No way! Just oppa. Plain, boring, oppa.

To Yejin:
ㅜ_ㅜ

From Yejin;
Hehe. Okay fine. See you tomorrow, Handsome Oppa~

~~~

It was the first weekend after Yejin’s full recovery and Baekhyun scheduled their ‘date’ to be on a Saturday. Yejin was currently preparing to meet him at the nearest bus stop to her house.

“And where are you going, pretty?” Heechul raised an eyebrow, his cookie hovered centimeters from his mouth.

“Out,” Yejin replied simply, slipping on her flats that matched her outfit.

“Thanks Captain Obvious,” Heechul bit his cookie. “With who?”

“Just a friend,” Yejin rolled her eyes.

“Oh wow, you have friends,” Heechul sat up, pretending to be amazed.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny. I’ll be back when I’m back,” Yejin slammed the front door shut. She barely walked a few steps when her phone buzzed.

From Heenim:
Better not be with a guy. Take care of yourself.

To Heenim:
Alright I will. See you later.

When she reached the bus stop, Baekhyun was already there.

“Am I late?” She asked, taking a seat beside him.

“Nope, I’m just early,” Baekhyun smiled.

“So where are we going?”

“You’ll see. Thank god you’re wearing shorts,” Baekhyun grinned and they boarded the bus to god knows where.

“Seriously? Baekhyun, really?” Yejin gaped at the bungee jump.

“Are you scared?” Baekhyun looked at her hopefully.

“Heck no! Last one there is a rotten egg,” Yejin burst into a fit of girly giggles that she failed to hold back and Baekhyun started racing her there.

“Are you sure you should be running?” Baekhyun said between breaths.

“I’m fine. Look,” Yejin stomped her previously sprained foot on the floor. “All’s good.”

“Silly goose,” Baekhyun shook his head and approached the counter.

“Hi! We’re having a couple’s promotion! I see you’re here with your girlfriend..?” The male staff looked behind Baekhyun. “You’ll get a free couple’s keychain if you do the couple jump for 21 000 won.”

“It’s so cute! Doesn’t this light up when the keychains are near each other?” Yejin stared at the keychains in awe.

“Yep! So do you wanna sign up for couple jump?” The staff smile.

“Well she likes it so yeah,” Baekhyun said quietly while Yejin was still fascinated by the keychains.

“Cute,” the male staff smiled and prepared the logbook and pen.

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“I- I meant the both of you. Cute couple,” the staff laughed nervously.

“Ha. Ha,” Baekhyun gave him a look before filling in the particulars.

“What’s going on?” Yejin finally came back to earth and set the keychain back down onto the counter. Baekhyun paid and took the keychains that Yejin was previously holding.

“Nothing, come on,” he led her to the lift that would bring them upstairs.

“We should split the cost,” Yejin fumbled through her bag for her wallet.

“It’s fine. You can buy us drinks later,” Baekhyun smiled.

“Heh. Thanks,” Yejin gave her signature eyesmile.

“Stop it!” Baekhyun blurted.

"Stop what?" She blinked at his sudden outburst.

Stop smiling like that. You're making me go insane.

"Nothing. Here," Baekhyun handed her the keychains as they stepped into the lift. “Give it to whoever you want to.”

“Okay,” Yejin took it and gave the blue one to him. “You said you could give to whoever I wanted to.”

“But it’s a couple thing,” Baekhyun blinked.

“Does it really matter,” Yejin waved her hand dismissively. “Take it.”

“Thanks,” Baekhyun smiled brightly and they both pulled out the plastic straps. The two keychains started flashing.

“This is so cool. It’s like your necklace that shines whenever I touch it,” Yejin laughed and kept the keychain. The doors opened and the staff helped the put on the harnesses. After a brief lesson on the proper way to jump, they were ready to go.

“So you put your hands like this,” one of the staff gave them a demonstration. They were basically in a hugging position (he is enjoying this a little too much) with their arms locked around each other.

Yejin glanced down. “Gosh, this is higher than what it looks like from down there.”

“You scared now?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Just a little. But I’ll be fine,” Yejin took a deep breath.

“Ready?” The both of them nodded.

“Three, two, one, bungee!”

 

Ehh, wae no comments guise? Don't be shy.. :( 
image

Let's get Tao to convince you to leave some comments? 
image

Haha, see you next chapter, guys!

(gifs not mine)

Twitter