Detention!

Scarlet Necklace

 

“I don’t understand..” Yejin gently pulled her wrist out of his grasps.

He just smiled. “It’s okay. You will soon. Goodnight, I’ll see you on Monday.”

“O- Okay then. Goodnight,” Yejin turned and trudged to her front door. She heard his engine start up as she opened the door and stepped inside. Yejin showered and decided to surf the net. It was about 2am when she finally fell asleep.

~~

“Yah! Don't tell me you've been sleeping since last night!”

“Wake up, you pig!” Heechul huffed when Yejin didn’t even move an inch. He stormed over to her pulled the covers off. She instantly curled up and d around for her source of warmth. When she couldn't feel it, she sat up, furious and barely awake.

“What. Do. You. Want.”

“It’s 7 in the evening. Why are you still sleeping!"

"I woke up early because the damn neighbours decided to have a karaoke session at 9am in the freaking morning. I couldn't sleep, I cleaned the entire house on my own and fell asleep just an hour go," Yejin scowled and pointed to the skin under her eyes. "Do you see my eyebags?!"

She picked up her covers before curling up comfortbly under it.

"Hmph. I'll let you off this time because the house is squeaky clean,"The second she heard the door click shut, her eyes shot open.

If Heechul oppa is back, Baekhyun must be too.

Her hand shot out and grabbed her phone which was sitting on the nightstand. She pressed her home button and smiled brightly despite being so sleepy when she found a message from Baekhyun. Yejin quickly unlocked her phone and read the message.

From Baekhyun:
I just got back! Did you miss me? ^^

To Baekhyun:
How was the shoot?

From Baekhyun:
It went well. But I'm so tired, as soon as it ended, we had to board a plane back. I only got back around 5. Huhu, my eyebags. ᅲᅲ

To Baekhyun:
Go take a nap~

From Baekhyun:
It's okay, you're my energizer. Just kidding, you hate cheesy stuff.

Yejin giggled softly to herself and decided if she slept somemore, she wouldn't be able to sleep later tonight and she'd look like a zombie in school. She went to freshen up and headed downstairs to make dinner.

"What is my young master craving for?" Yejin happily skipped downstairs and put on her apron."

"Bibimbap!" Heechul pumped his fist. She smiled and got the necessary ingredients and equipment out. "But why are you so happy? Don't tell me Baekhyun confessed to you."

"Shut up. Why are you always linking Baekhyun to everything I do," Yejin frowned and poured some oil onto the pan.

"Because Hyunsoo hyung said he had a crush on you," Heechul said. Yejin rolled her eyes and carried on with dinner. Half an hour later, she came to the living room with a big bowl of bibimbap and two spoons.

"How's school?" Heechul asked with his mouth full.

"Good. It's the last week of school tomorrow," she replied, also with full. Even an idiot could tell they were siblings. "You're doing the dishes."

Heechul opened his mouth to protest but quickly shut his mouth and nodded when he received her death glare. "Yes ma'am."

~~

Yejin kept tossing and turning last night but couldn't sleep until 3am. She regretted taking that nap but it was all her damned neighbour's fault. If they didn't decide it'd be funny to have a karaoke session at 9 in the morning, she wouldn't have woken up and only slept again in the middle of the day. Now she looked like a zombie. 

"You look like you just aged ten years," Minji studied her face.

"Good morning to you too," Yejin gave her a flat stare. Hyosung laughed and patted her shoulder comfortingly. Yejin sunk lifelessly into her seat.

"Did you not sleep at all?" Her desk partner, Haejin asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine," Yejin waved him off. Lessons began and Yejin almost wanted to kill herself when she realized there were three periods with her boring Literature teacher first thing in the morning. She tried her best to stay awake knowing how incredibly strict and y that bald man was. But she eventually gave in and dozed off. Yejin jolted awake ten minutes later when Haejin nudged her. Mr. Jang was staring right at her with his notorious stink eye. Yejin straightened herself and pretended to read her book. Not long later, the same thing happened again. This time, Mr Jang woke her up himself.

"One more time, Ms Kim, and it'll be detention," he pointed his wooden ruler at her. Yejin nodded and gently slapped her cheeks to wake herself up. But he went on and on, she eventually fell asleep again with her left hand propping her head and a pen in her right hand to make it look like she was jotting down notes. She almost had a heart attack when Mr Jang slammed his wooden ruler on her table.

"Detention!" He sneered and pointed to the door. "If my lesson is so boring to you, Ms Kim, maybe you'll find more interesting things outside."

Yejin yawned and stood up to walk to the door. "I'd probably sleep better outside."

"I heard that," he said flatly. Yejin bit her lip and quickened her pace. Once outside, Baekhyun happened to pass by her class.

"Yah, you got punished?" Baekhyun asked. "Ha, bet you dozed off in class."

"Yeah. As if Mondays weren't already a drag, there's detention until 5," Yejin groaned.

"Mehrong," he playfully stuck his tongue out.

"Thanks for the comfort," Yejin held her palm up.

"I'd keep you company but I have an errand to run. Sorry," Baekhyun bit his lip.

"No, it's okay. I was planning on sleeping again anyways," she smiled. Baekhyun waved cheerfully and went on his way. Yejin sunk to the floor and rested her head on the lockers beside her. Yejin fell into deep sleep for the fourth time that morning and probably wouldn't wake up if she didn't feel someone staring her down.

Yejin jolted awake to find JR squatted in front of her with a goofy smile on. "Good morning, princess."

"Do you have a for watching girls sleep or something?" Yejin raised an eyebrow.

"No, just you," JR grinned and sat to her left.

"Help me check if Bald Jang is still in there, I have no idea how long I've been asleep for," Yejin stretched her arms and yawned. 

JR peered into the class. "Yep he's still in there. Oh man, if he sent you out, he proabably awarded you with detention too."

"Got that right," Yejin scowled.

"Oh , he's coming out now," JR scrambled up. Yejin panicked and got into a kneeling position and raised her hand up. "Gotta run. See ya."

Yejin sighed as she watched JR run off and turn the corner. She looked up and smiled sheepishly at her bald teacher. "Can I go back in now?"

"You have to attend the next class so obviously you ought to," he gave her a disapproving look before walking off. Yejin stood up and dusted her skirt before going back in.

"Dentention on Monday, how wonderful is that," Hyosung snickered.

"Quit rubbing it in," Yejin sighed and sat down.

Who the hell has a karaoke session at nine in the morning anyways..

 

Omg guys can you see my poster? I can't see it. Do let me know if it's just my computer or everyone can't see the poster. Gah does this mean I have to get a new one? I liked that poster and that request shop is on hiatus. Sobs.

P.S. ING DYING OVER HOW AMAZING SJ'S LIVE PERF OF FROM U AND Y, FREE AND SINGLE THAT I HAVE TO CAPSLOCK THIS SENTENCE OMG.