Heart Is Hurt

Scarlet Necklace

“He’s what?” Her eyes widened but the host of the event interrupted them. The host announced the line-up and JR was somewhere in the middle. The grand prize was 200 000 won. The performers were good, but Yejin didn’t really pay much attention until JR came on stage. Yejin and the other three cheered as loudly as they could. The music started playing and Yejin recognized it to be Heart is Hurt by Zico.

When I first saw you, I stopped in my track
I kept my head down low and stared at you as you walked past
My eyes kept following you, but some guy blocked my path
I could only stare helplessly as I let you go 

I hoped that you would come back to the same place
So I went back there again
I was anticipating you there, but you didn’t come back

I had no way of stopping the cupid’s arrow from hitting me
I’ve caught a disease, one I can’t find a cure for

I have all of the symptoms, I’m pained by every thought of you
The only solution I can find is to try and to forget you
This illness is spreading, I’m lost in your thoughts
I can’t decide whether I like it or not
Because ultimately, it all comes down to whether I can see you or not

(heart is hurt) through you, I am
(heart is hurt) because of you, I am
(heart is hurt) thanks to you, I am
(heart is hurt) I am in constant pain x2

I saw my shabby reflection briefly in the mirror
I try to hold on to my memory of seeing you 
I ask myself whether there’s a chance
But reality cruelly responds to me saying there’s none


If only I can see you again, if only I can say something
I hold these determinations in my heart and wait for you again
But we’re always out of step, I’m so frustrated with the fate that separates us
I’m apologetic to my beating heart
No matter what the end entails 
My feelings for you just never change
I love you, whatever the case, I like you
My body isn’t by your side, but my feelings are already inside of you

My feelings are always broken
My existence has no meaning without you
Every day, the pain only gets worse
I don’t care if you hate me, just come be by my side

Zico - Heart is Hurt

Whenever JR rapped, the way he looked straight into her eyes made her feel as if he was referring to her. The way his eyes looked like he was desperate, that he was in pain because of her. But she felt nothing. Nothing at all. His rap didn’t make her heart race, it didn’t make her feel butterflies in her stomach, it didn't take her breath away. She felt nothing.

The song ended and Yejin snapped out of her daze. Aron greeted him with an encouraging hug and pat on the back.

“You were great!” Ren smiled excitedly.

“Definitely first place,” Yejin agreed.

Doesn’t matter if I win or not. Did you get my message? JR looked away from her and took a deep breath.

"You were awesome” Yejin smiled unsurely and gave him a thumbs up. The event came to an end and it was time to announce the winners. There were six prizes ro be given out and the duo’s name weren’t called until top 2.

“In third place, Kang Minkyung,” the host announced. The audience erupted into wild applause and cheers. Yejin remembered her, she sang really well, a pity she only got third.

“In second place..” They held their breaths. “Kim Jonghyun."

"It's JR to you buddy," he muttered before going up to collect his prize. Ren cheered the loudest out of all of them. His easily excited character reminded her a lot of Chanyeol. The duo came back with a cheque of 100 000 won with them.

“What do we do with that?” Minhyun blinked.

“Eat!” Ren and Yejin yelled. The two looked at each other exchanged high fives.

“Let’s go!” They didn’t bother waiting to see who was first place. JR slung both his arms around Yejin and Ren. They arrived at a barbeque place and ordered enough samgyupsal to stuff themselves full. After their late dinner, JR sent Yejin back, sensing she was getting tired. 

"Can we stop by a convenience store first? I want to buy my chocopies," Yejin said.

"Sure thing," they arrived at the nearest convenience store shortly after. "I'll wait outside."

"Okay," Yejin turned and yawned before pushing the glass door but no matter how hard she pushed, it still wouldn't open.

"Pull, dear, not push," JR chuckled.

Yejin looked up at the sign and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, right. Yeah whatever, I knew that." She pulled the door and entered the store. She bought two boxes of chocopies and stepped out.

"Most idiotic person I've ever seen. I mean there's a big sign that says 'pull'," JR teased as she got on.

"Shut up," Yejin scowled and slapped his back.

"Ouch, so violent. But I like it," JR smiled and drove off.

"I'm not always this violent," Yejin muttered, remembering what Heechul said about her man strength and scaring people away with it.

"Baekhyun says it's unnecessary since he'd be there to 'protect' me. Psh, I can protect myself perfectly fine," Yejin rolled her eyes but smiled. Hearing his name, JR tensed up and didn't say a word. They arrived outside her house about ten minutes later.

"Goodnight, pretty," JR said.

"Hmm," Yejin smiled back sleepily and took off the helmet. "You did great. Pity you didn't win first place though."

"As long as I'm first place in your heart, it doesn't matter," JR smiled and put the helmet into the back compartment.

"Ugh, Baekhyun and you are both so cheesy," Yejin frowned.

"Why do you keep talking about him? Do you like him?" JR asked, a tiny bit irritated.

"What?" Yejin blinked at his questions. "You're getting cranky 'cause you're tired. Goodnight."

"Don't avoid the question."

"I don't, okay? God, people have to stop asking me that," Yejin scowled and turned to leave. Sure I don't, why do I feel like I just lied?

JR reached out and grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him. "Then stop acting like you do, because you're confusing me. Your actions and words tell me two different things. I don't know which to believe."

 

A short chapter but.. In celebration of SJ's 6jib teaser (a little late), I present to you Super Junior's visual, Mr Siwon Choi!

tumblr_m3iaribtpj1qbg6oo.png