Aquarium Date

Scarlet Necklace

 

It wasn’t the first time going out with Baekhyun, but Yejin felt like it was their first date. Like every other girl, Yejin wanted to look her best for him but despite having an overcrowded wardrobe, she still couldn’t find anything too wear. Even Heechul was getting irritated at the fuss she was making in her room. He eventually decided to step in and help his poor sister’s fashion crisis.

“You. Sit down and shut up,” Heechul barked and pointed to the chair. Yejin obediently did as told and watched him stroll over to the messy pile of clothing on the floor. He squatted in front of it and began to dig through the clothes while Yejin scrambled to catch whatever articles of clothing he threw at her.

“Alright go change.”

She wordlessly stood up and walked to the bathroom. Five minutes later she came out in whatever Heechul gave her and studied herself in the mirror.

“You can thank me later," Heechul skipped out of her room and accidentally slammed the door shut, making Yejin jump and come back to her senses. Yejin glanced at the pile of clothes and figured she would clean it up later or if her mother was feeling kind, she could do it.

“Yejin! Your boyfriend’s here!” Hyunsoo yelled from downstairs.

“Oh ,” Yejin quickly stuffed her surprise for him into her bag before running downstairs.

“What time will she be back?” Hyunsoo tried to be the strict elder brother which didn’t work.

“By 11, promise,” Baekhyun smiled as she approached him, also wearing the red and white jacket like he was.

“Take care of her,” Hyunsoo nodded.

“Can take care of myself,” Yejin grumbled and dragged Baekhyun away. “Bye!”

“Oh please,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “How can a scrawny little girl who’s literally afraid of everything take care of herself?”

“Have been doing so before and will continue that way,” Yejin stated.

“Don’t come crying to me when you hurt yourself,” he shrugged with a playful smile.

“I have two older brothers I can come crying to,” Yejin imitated him.

“Horrible,” Baekhyun clucked his tongue.

“So where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” they boarded the bus to COEX mall. After the 45 minute bus ride, Baekhyun led her to the huge aquarium.

“Can you imagine if the glass breaks and we all die?” Yejin muttered, looking up, down, left and right where the tanks containing a wide array of marine life.

“Shut up,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and handed her the ticket.

“What if the sharks break the glass and eat you, eat me and eat everyone here?” Yejin continued with her wild imaginations.

“How old are you again?” Baekhyun gave her a look.

“I’m 18,” Yejin blinked.

“Act like you are,” he broke into a wide smile and pushed her head to the side. They took their time to look at the exhibits before they arrived at the Marine Touch section of the aquarium.

“Touch it,” Baekhyun smiled and nudged her forward.

“And get my finger bitten off? Haha, no way,” Yejin shook her head fervently and planted the soles of her feet to the floor.

“It probably has no teeth anymore. It’s just a baby shark,” Baekhyun reached forward and gently smoothed his fingertips over the baby shark’s head. “Touch it.”

Yejin kept shaking her head, not even moving an inch. “No.”

“You’re 18,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t have fears,” Yejin retorted, eyeing the shark as if it would suddenly jump out of the water and bite her head off.

“Well you have too many,” he grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the tank. Baekhyun firmly but comfortingly held the back of her hand and smoothed her palm over the shark’s body. He looked over to Yejin who had her eyes snapped shut and softly chuckled to himself. “Not so bad now, is it?”

“Bad. Very bad,” Yejin stated still closing her eyes

“Eesh, you baby,” Baekhyun dropped the matter and they went to wash their hands before leaving the aquarium.

“Where are we going next?”

“To eat!” Baekhyun said excitedly. “What are you craving for?”

“Street food from Hongdae,” Yejin answered after a pause.

“Hongdae it is then,” he smiled and softly kissed her cheek.

“Why are you so nice today,” Yejin gave him a sidelong glance.

“I’m nice everyday, what are you talking about,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as the walked to the subway station.

“Nooo. On some days you’re five year old Baekhyun who whines, then sometimes you’re grumpy Baekhyun who scowls at everyone including me. Me. And then after you’re grumpy you’re just this big ball of sunshine. That or you become a skinship monster,” Yejin rambled on. “Oh, sometimes you—”

“Sometimes I what?” Baekhyun clamped his hand over .

“Mmp fff mmfsht.”

“Sorry, what?” He smirked watching her shoot death glares at him. Yejin parted her lips and his palm. “Ugh ew.”

“Serves ya right,” it was her turn to smile triumphantly while he wiped her saliva off.

“No food for you, it’s all mine,” Baekhyun childishly snapped.

“Look, you’re being five year old Baekhyun again,” Yejin folded her arms.

“Hmph,” she fought to control her smile watching him scrunch his nose up and pout slightly.

Yejin turned away. “Don’t you pout, mister.”

“Why? Can’t handle my cuteness?” Baekhyun leaned in and jutted his bottom lip out even more.

“Now you’re just being annoying,” Yejin gave him an icy glare.

“Fine, fine,” Baekhyun pulled away and took hold of her hand once again.

 

Happy birthday Zhang Yixing! <3

lays-chips.jpeg