Online Shopping Mall

Scarlet Necklace

 

It was August now, slightly less than two months after the dramatic situation. News in school had died down about their break up and getting back together, much to their relief. They didn't fight much apart from a few petty arguments. Yejin finally ditched her glasses and picked up the courage to stick contact lenses into her eyes. Everyone has been doing well, Hyosung had started an online shopping mall with two of her older cousins three weeks ago and it was doing pretty well. 

"So you know.. I've gotten new shipments today," Hyosung started off.

"And so?" Minji and Yejin asked at the same time.

"Why can't you guys be happy for me?!" Hyosung wailed, giving them each a slap on the arm.

"We were. But people tend to get over it after three weeks," Minji said, slowly sipping her mango ice blend. "Carry on with what you were saying."

Hyosung blew at her bangs. "They gave quite a few samples, thing is, we don't have any male models available right now.. And they're couple clothes."

"Oh no. No way," Yejin immediately knew where this was going.

"I haven't even said it yet!" Hyosung huffed.

"Not getting involved in this, ask Baekhyun yourself," Yejin raised her arms in surrender.

"Ask me what?" Baekhyun strolled over and playfully nudged Yejin who pretended not to see him.

"Yejin, ask him what?" Hyosung gave her a pleading. Yejin simply frowned and looked away. "Ugh, Jinnie, please!"

"What?" Baekhyun chuckled, looking back and forth at the two.

"Hyosung wants you to model for her," Yejin muttered, so soft barely anybody could hear. Yejin was so reluctant to ask him for Hyosung since she knew he'd probably drag her along for the modelling job.

"What?" Baekhyun craned his neck to hear her.

"I said, Hyosung wants you to model for her," Yejin said a little louder.

"I don't mind, but I hafta ask Heechul hyung for permission. I'll tell Yejin to tell you," Baekhyun smiled brightly.

"Thanks so much! We'll definitely pay you," Hyosung squealed.

"Don't worry about the money, we're friends, right?" He patted her shoulder and turned to Yejin. "I'll see you after school."

"No, don't see me," Yejin joked and hid her face. Baekhyun rolled his eyes with an affectionate smile and gently pushed her head to the side before leaving the cafeteria. 

~~

The last bell rang and her classmates fled the room like it was on fire. Before Yejin could disappear like she usually did, Hyosung grabbed her and reminded Yejin to text her if Heechul allowed it. Yejin assured her and decided to go surprise Baekhyun by looking for him instead. She found him walking in the direction of her locker and crept up behind him.

"Bug alert!" Yejin shrieked and playfully slapped his back. Baekhyun freaked out not at her attack, but because he believed there really was a bug on him.

"Get it off!" He yelped but quickly quieted down when Yejin burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter. Baekhyun pouted and shoved her to the side. Yejin was laughing so hard there was no sound coming from her but a few soft wheezes. The students who walked past gave her weird looks or snickered.

"You're embarrassing!" Baekhyun groaned.

"Oh? Is that so?" Yejin straightened up and calmed herself. "Fine then, I should keep my distance if that's the case."

"I was kidding~" Baekhyun whined and grabbed her arm. Yejin held her laughter in and kept a straight face. She shrugged him off and went to her locker. "Fine, fine. Always getting mad at me for no reason."

Yejin slapped his chest. "You're so dumb! I was joking, couldn't you tell?"

Baekhyun broke into a wide smile. "Of course I could. It's not like I didn't know you the best."

Yejin rolled her eyes and opened her locker. After her usual routine, they left the school bantering childishly as they walked to the bus stop.

"Can't you just directly ask Heechul hyung for me?" Baekhyun asked.

"Why can't you do it?" Yejin raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't it more convenient? Just wait for his answer then text Hyosung. No need for me to ask him, then tell you, then—"

"Okay, okay!" Yejin hushed him. "You're so long winded these days."

"Who made me this way?" Baekhyun shot her a look.

"Don't look at me like that," Yejin frowned and poked his toned arm. "Woah, have you been working out or something?"

Baekhyun chuckled at how easily she went off topic. "Why? You like muscles?"

Yejin grinned and nodded. "But not those kinds where you rip your sleeves 'cause of your bulging muscles."

"Really? I should do a swimsuit shoot then," he joked.

"No, you still have a long way to go," Yejin rolled her eyes. "Alright, my bus is coming. You can go first, I'll ask Heechul oppa since you're a lazy ."

"Hehe," Baekhyun grinned and tapped his cheek. Yejin looked around to make sure nobody was nearby and pecked his cheek only to have him turn at the last second so she kissed him on the lips instead. Yejin didn't even have time to get mad since her bus was already here. She shot him a playful glare and baorded the bus.

From Baekhyun:
Don't act as if you didn't like it. ^^

To Baekhyun:
Get over yourself.

~~

“Oppa, Hyosung needs to borrow Baekhyun for a modeling job this Sunday. Is it okay?” Yejin asked over dinner.

“For her online shopping mall?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, apparently the old model quit for I don’t know why and they need a guy to try on the couple samples,” Yejin explained.

“Oh okay. But I’m not going with him since it’s such a small job,” Heechul shrugged, bringing his plate back to the sink. “You’re going with him.”

“No I'm not,” Yejin stated.

“Why? I’m doing you guys a favour,” Heechul replied and plopped himself on the couch after washing his own share of dishes.

“I don’t wanna go,” Yejin said, getting a little whiny.

“Your friend’s shopping mall, your boyfriend’s modeling job, why don’t you wanna go?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Whatever,” she washed the remaining plates and went back to her room to text Hyosung Heechul’s answer. Hyosung was so excited of finally getting a 'professional' model to do the job for her, complaining about how the other models were so lousy at it.

To Baekhyun:
He said yes. But he’s not going with you.

From Baekhyun:
Okay, that means you’re coming with me right? ^^

To Baekhyun:
No I’m not. The shoot is on Sunday at 3pm in Songgo-dong, level three of the brick building right beside the shopping mall.

From Baekhyun:
I don’t know where it is. Take me there!

To Baekhyun:
Get a cab, dear.

From Baekhyun:
No :( Take me there.

To Baekhyun:
Gosh, you’re such a kid. Fine I’ll meet you at the bus stop across your condo at 2pm. We’ll go together.

From Baekhyun;
Hehe. See you then, Jinnie! ^^

~~

“No flash photography please,” Yejin burst into the office with her arms spread out protectively around Baekhyun. She kept a straight face while the others stared at her as if she had a screw loose.

“Why are you even my girlfriend?” Baekhyun muttered with an eyeroll.

“Because nobody else wants to be yours,” Yejin whispered with her arms still keeping off the non-existent fangirls. “So, where do I take him?”

“Yejin, you’re embarrassing,” Hyosung rolled her eyes and led the two to the dressing room. The necessary staff took care of Baekhyun while Yejin waited outside.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yejin ibnida,” Yejin bowed respectfully to the two older girls who were Hyosung’s cousins. “Please take care of our Baekhyun.”

“My name is Jooyeon and this is my sister Aru. You look quite young for a manager, too young actually,” Jooyeon studied her.

“I’m actually not all that young,” Yejin smiled, still wanting to play manager.

“She’s not really his manager, her brother is,” Hyosung rolled her eyes. “We’re both the same age and she’s actually Baekhyun's girlfriend.”

Yejin discreetly shot a death glare at Hyosung for ruining her fun. Aru burst into laughter and patted Yejin’s shoulder before going back to work.

“Can you please try to act normal?” Hyosung whispered harshly.

“Says the one who sniffs the air saying ‘I smell Bacon’ every time I get a text message from him,” Yejin raised an eyebrow.

”.. Touché,” Hyosung let her sit down while she went to help the female model adjust to the set. Yejin spotted a Maltese puppy sitting under the table with its leash tied to the table leg to prevent it from running around and causing a mess. She smiled to herself and approached the puppy.

“You’re a girl,” Yejin said softy and its fur. She spent the next ten minutes crouched in front of the table playing with the dog.

What are you doing?” Hyosung shot her a look.

Yejin looked up and pointed to the dog. “Who’s dog is it?”

“Mine,” Jooyeon raised her hand excitedly.

“Cute dog, what’s her name?” Yejin smiled and lightly tapped the dog’s nose.

“Seulmi,” Jooyeon smiled and went to check on Baekhyun.

“Aren’t you the cutest little thing~” Yejin cooed as she played with it. Baekhyun stepped out of the dressing room in black skinny jeans and a blue hoodie with half a heart printed at the side. Yejin looked at the female model who was wearing a pink version of it.

“Cute, huh?” Baekhyun smiled.

“You’re referring to the clothes or you?” Yejin raised an eyebrow.

Baekhyun gave her a flat stare. “This is how you treat me.”

“Go, go, you’re keeping everyone waiting,” Yejin wave her hand while smiling. She happily sat beside the table so she could have Seulmi rest on her lap while she watched the shoot.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyeju ibnida,” the pretty model bowed respectfully. Baekhyun did the same and the shooting began immediately. Yejin watched Baekhyun with a proud smile, silently wondering if it really was the same Baekhyun since he wasn’t usually so focused on something.