Second Wish

Scarlet Necklace

“Oh my god, Yejin, Myungsoo and I are—”

“Dating,” Yejin completed her sentence for her. “I know. I saw that kiss."

“Do you think I made the wrong decision?” Hyosung asked worriedly.

“Do you like him?”

“Love of my life,” Hyosung nodded.

“If he feels the same way as you do then it’ll be fine,” Yejin smiled. “Ugh, where is Minji. I need my forever alone buddy so I won’t feel so unwanted.”

“Psh. Bacon? Hello? Did you forget about him?” Hyosung rolled her eyes. “The poor guy only sees you, nobody else.”

“Why is he the ‘poor guy’?” Yejin raised an eyebrow.

“‘Cause he doesn’t know you only see him too,” Hyosung shrugged.

“What makes you think I ‘only see him’?” She rolled her eyes.

“Please, everyone except for you can tell you like the guy too,” Hyosung rolled her eyes.

“You make no sense. Go away, Haejin needs his seat back,” Yejin playfully shoved Hyosung out of the seat. Lessons started but she couldn’t focus at all. Her mind was occupied with questions. Everyone except her could tell she liked Baekhyun? If she herself doesn’t think she likes him, why do others think that way? Ridiculous.

“Yejin~” Hyosung sang as soon as the bell for lunch break rang.

“Let me guess, Myungsoo wants to have lunch with you?” Yejin gave her a sidelong glance.

“Mhm,” Hyosung nodded apologetically. “And since Minji isn’t here..”

“I’ll be alone,” Yejin kept her gaze on her. “Eh, don’t worry about it! There’s still Baekhyun! Go have fun.”

“Gah, thanks. I love you!” Hyosung gave her a quick hug before running off. Yejin smiled and shook her head before taking her time to pack up. The second she stepped foot into the cafeteria, D.O and Sehun materialized on both sides of her.

“This way, Princess,” Sehun held his arm out.

“Are you on crack?” Yejin chuckled and went to their table.

“Where’s Minji and Hyosung?” Suho asked, seeing that she was alone.

“It’s ditch Yejin day. Minji skipped school, Hyosung’s having happy time with her new boyfriend. I only have you guys,” Yejin wiped a fake tear away and rested her head on Kai’s shoulder. “You won’t ditch me too, right Kai?”

“Of course not,” Kai faked a sniffle and patted her head. Yejin laughed and stopped her mini drama.

“Did you ask her yet?” Ren asked from their own table.

“Ask her what?” JR wouldn’t take his eyes off her.

“Saturday night,” Ren grabbed his chin and turned his face away.

“Not yet,” JR turned back as soon as Ren let go.

“You’re obsessed, Jonghyun, obsessed,” Aron leaned back into his seat.

“When you’re talking about a girl like her, it’d be weird if you weren’t obsessed,” JR smiled.

“It’s gonna hurt when she rejects you,” Minhyun muttered.

“What makes you think she’ll reject me?” JR raised an eyebrow.

“Can’t you tell? Baekhyun stands a better chance,” Minhyun frowned. “You should just like someone else.”

JR grew irritated and clenched his fists.

“It’s better—” Minhyun was hushed by Baekho who noticed JR’s anger level spike up.

As long as they aren’t together, I still have a chance.

JR glanced at the laughing Yejin and Baekhyun for a second and shut his eyes. She hasn’t even outright rejected him, but he’s already hurting.

~~

It was finally the weekend the Yejin and longed for. The sad thing was that she had to spend the weekend alone at home. Heechul and Baekhyun were leaving for Jeju Saturday morning.

“Packed everything?” Yejin asked from the kitchen.

“Yep! I hafta leave soon,” Heechul slung his duffel over his shoulder.

“Alright. Take care of yourself and Baekhyun too,” Yejin wiped her wet hands on her shirt, a bad habit she failed to kick.

“You take care too. Make sure to lock everything that can be locked,” Heechul dug through his pocket. “Pepper spray. For protection.”

“Oppa, you’ll only be gone for a day,” Yejin rolled her eyes.

“Aish, just take it! I gotta go,” Heechul hugged her tight. “Protect yourself.”

“Arasso,” Yejin walked him to the front door and watched him climb into the waiting cab. Just as she returned to her room, her phone buzzed.

From Baekhyun:
Take care of yourself. I won’t be here to protect you.

To Baekhyun:
You take care too. And please, I can protect myself just fine.

From Baekhyun:
See you Monday morning.

To Baekhyun:
Alright~

Yejin decided to finish up her homework so she could relax the rest of the weekend. Around noon, she decided to make lunch. She had just got the pot over the fire when she received a call.

“You free tonight? I want to make my second wish,” JR said.

“Gosh, I comepletely forgot I still owed you two more wishes. Yeah, I’m free tonight,” Yejin nodded.

“Good. Text me your address, I’ll come pick you up at 7 tonight.”

“Okay,” Yejin hung up and lowered the heat when the water began to boil before texting him her address. She brought her plate of spaghetti to the living room and turned the tv on.

Around 6, Yejin went to take a shower and change. By the time she put her wallet, pepper spray (just in case) and cellphone into her purse, it was five minutes past seven. Yejin went downstairs and picked shoes that matched her outfit. Right when she sat on the couch, her phone buzzed.

From JR:
I’m here.

Yejin got up and made sure everything was locked before putting on her shoes and leaving the house. The front door was an auto lock so she didn’t have to worry about that. JR got off his bike and grabbed the spare helmet.

“Heechul oppa has a bike too,” Yejin smiled and slipped the helmet on.

“Who?” JR casually fixed her long hair before getting on.

“My brother,” Yejin climbed onto the bike and held onto the hem of his blazer.

JR took her arms and wrapped them securely around his waist. “I go fast.”

Before she had time to say anything, he zoomed off.

“You weren’t kidding when you said that, were you,” Yejin tightened her hold.

“Not one bit,” JR chuckled, enjoying every bit of this. They arrived near an outdoor stage. JR led her to where the other four said they were at.

“So you actually came,” Ren nodded slowly. Yejin softly cleared at the awkward atmosphere.

“So um.. What’s this?” Yejin looked at JR who was silently sending Ren death threats.

“It’s a competition. Jonghyun's rapping,” Baekho said, patting his shoulder, trying to get him to calm down.

“Oh wow, you rap?”

“The best,” Aron smiled.

“That’s nice,” she smiled back, still feeling the awkwardness. JR couldn’t stand the atmosphere any longer and dragged her away.

“I’m sorry, they’re actually really nice to be with. Maybe it’s ‘cause we’ve never really hung out with just one girl before,” JR sighed.

“It’s okay,” she smiled. “So now you only have one more wish to make, what’s that?”

“I’ll tell you some other time,” JR smiled back. “I hafta go up soon, Aron, Ren and Minhyun’ll keep you company. You’ll support me, right?”

“Of course. That’s what I’m here for, isn’t it?” Yejin laughed.

“This isn’t my third wish, but do me a favour?” JR looked down to her hand.

“Okay, what?” Yejin blinked. Without a word, JR took her hand and pulled her in for a hug.

I don’t know when I’ll ever get a chance like this again.

“That was my energy booster,” JR smiled and pulled away. He waved and joined Baekho to backstage. The place was getting more crowded and Yejin started to feel a bit claustrophobic. She squeezed her way to the back and took in a breath of fresh air. Yejin almost yelped when Minhyun and the others materialized beside her.

“Is this his first competition?” Yejin asked Aron who looked the least intimidating.

“Nope. He's taken part in a lot of competitions. And won at least half of them,” Aron smiled proudly.

“That's good,” Yejin’s jaw dropped a little.

“The best!” Ren blurted energetically.

“Fanboy alert,” Yejin grinned.

“Hehe,” Ren bit his lip. Yejin smiled, Ren was just like a kid. Innocent and easily amused. Minhyun on the other hand..

“Why are you staring at me like that,” Minhyun said, not even looking at her.

“Was not staring,” Yejin muttered and looked straight only to secretly glance at him one more time.

Minhyun chuckled. “I see why Jonghyunnie is head over heels for you.”

 

tumblr_m6e774shdJ1rzt89jo1_500.png

(not my pic)