Perfection Has A Name

Scarlet Necklace

 

When they arrived back at her stall, Minji and Hyosung snatched Yejin away. Baekhyun blinked and went to sit down at one of the empty chairs. The two girls dragged Yejin to the furthest end of the stall, away from Baekhyun.

“Why is he holding your hand?” Minji whispered.

“Are you two dating now?” Hyosung asked in a hushed voice.

“I don’t know, he just did. And no, we’re not dating,” Yejin answered simply.

“Why didn’t you asked him to let go? Did you like it?” Minji stared at her, still speaking softly.

“I didn’t hate it,” Yejin shrugged. “Aish, you two. Nothing is going on between us, now if you’ll excuse me, my first customer is here.”

Minji and Hyosung watched her as she worked.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Minji crossed her arms.

“Mhm. She’s totally in love with Bacon,” Hyosung did the same and shook her head with a playful smile.

“She just needs to realize it,” Minji smiled.

“And then Bacon needs to confess and they’ll be the /cutest couple ever!” Hyosung and Minji squealed the last three words together.

“Keep your thoughts in your head,” Yejin stated flatly without looking back and handed the smoothie to the customer.

“He just took her away like that. Who is he? Is he her boyfriend?” JR scowled.

“Well it’d be weird for a pretty girl like her to not be attached,” Aron shrugged.

“I don’t know about that, but a few girls in my class were saying something her and a guy called Baekhyun. They think they’re dating,” Ren pointed out.

“Then that’s most likely him,” JR drummed his fingers on the table.

“But they’re not. Well, more than friends, less than a relationship. That’s for sure,” Baekho said.

“How do you know?” The other four looked at him.

“I overhead their conversation few days ago,” he shrugged. “Baekhyun himself said they were’t dating.”

“That’s good. I have a chance,” JR smiled to himself.

“Do you really like her that much?” Minhyun twirled his pen.

“Mhm,” JR nodded. “She’s an angel.”

“I don’t think she likes you that way,” Aron pointed out.

“Yet,” JR smiled. “I’m planning on bringing her on Saturday night.”

“Really? What if she doesn’t come?" Ren blinked and sat up. "Why would she, it's not like she's close to you or anything."

JR clucked his tongue and him and Ren pouted but zipped his mouth. "Doesn't matter. I'm just gonna get her to give me her address and I'll go pick her up."

"Oh, I see what you did there," Baekho grinned. "You'll know where she lives and show up any time. Killing two birds with one stone, not bad."

"You make it sound as if I'll sneak into her house and her or something," JR rolled his eyes.

"Knowing you, I won't be surprised if you did," Aron chuckled.

"Shut up, she's different. I don't think I can hurt her without hurting myself," JR muttered, tracing little circles with his fingers.

"Ugh, so cheesy," Minhyun rolled his eyes.

--

The fair started from mid-noon and lasted all the until the evening. As soon as the final traces of sunlight were gone, there was an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will now begin the fireworks display," the principal's voice boomed from the P.A system.

"Ohh, so that's what the whole set up was for," Yejin muttered and anticipated the show. Baekhyun and his friends were with the three girls at their food and drink stall. Yejin got Baekhyun to pull them over so they could buy up whatever her class couldn't sell. 

"We're lucky, our stall's near the front," Hyosung smiled, excited for the fireworks display to begin.  Just seconds later, the sky lit up with different colours and patterns. Everybody's attention was captured by the beautiful lights, all but one person. Yejin secretly glanced to her right where Baekhyun was. Something's changed ever since she covered for Heechul that day, she just couldn't point out what. But it definitely didn't change for the worse. Yejin smiled to herself and looked back to the sky.

Just as she turned away, Baekhyun turned to her. Watching her being amazed by something so simple made him remember why he fell for her in the first place. Her innocence, all her fears, her simplicity and her stinging sarcasm. Baekhyun smiled to himself and returned his attention to the sky.

Perfection finally has a name, and it's you, Kim Yejin.

Ren placed a hand on JR's shoulder. "Calm down. She's not yours, as bad as it sounds, you don't have the right to get mad. Yet."

His whole body shook with rage just watching the two exchange secret glances. Yejin wasn't his, but she definitely wasn't Baekhyun's either, at least not yet. Things weren't looking good for him, she obviously has taken a liking to Baekhyun. Even JR knew she hasn't even realized it herself yet. But what she doesn't know wouldn't hurt her. He still had a chance to change things. 

This is war, Byun Baekhyun.

 

image