Chapter 2: A Captain's Ship

Fly Me Through Life

 Captain's Ship a.k.a Plane:

“move if you wish to die! We are now in control of the whole flight and if you very much wish to see at least the ground in the next few hours, it would be wise for everyone to stay put and buckle up...wouldn’t want anyone losing anything right?” husky voices permitted through the compact cabin as dark sinister laughs hang itself in the silenced atmosphere.

Everything was somehow moving slowly in fastforward when  ,one moment there were  voices of the flight crews attending to the people for their meals were filling the silence ,and then there were nothing but shouts and panicked screams.

Ten armed men with ski masks were seen positioned around corners of the plane. Some pointing their guns to screaming passengers trying to get them making another sound. While some were just being on their guards , aimed but all with the safety pins still intact..

Moments later, found the one that seemed to be incharged moving towards the area where Changmin and his hyung-deul were sitting, after giving curt nods towards his men.

Yunho and Jaejoong instinctively move their bodies closer together trying to cover Xia and their ddongsaeng , praying that this ia just a hijacking attempt with no such link to their captured criminal.

But luck was not on their side when the bulky figure promptly stop his tracts beside Jaejoong’s seat.

“sir....’bow’ we came to take you back our apology for the lateness..” gruff voice was heard from the masked figure, directed to none other than the infamous , Xia.

“took you long enough.” Xia who previously was seen wolfing down food and acting like a normal civilian he was, then quickly shed it . Seriousness painting his every movement and  syllables.

Xia then confidently rised from his seat and made his way to the middle of the plane, with little to no resistance from the two officers . Whom by then had decided that they’d survive this first and maybe later they can re-capture that smirking dolphin mafia, because with amount of men they had positioned around the plane , their own safety along with their ddongsaeng’s and the entire aircraft’s passenger were at stake. Thus, risk was highly not recommended.

Changmin was gaping himself through the whole act, still trying to grasp the sudden change of environment. Waiting for the ‘stop’ cue from the director thinking that he was in one of those tv series where you’re pranked by people, all the while thinking that’ this is not real...this is not real”

But the scene continues, and fear manifested itself in Changmin’s clattered mind. Only registering the cold sweat forming in his brow lines, the stiffness clamming his limbs , and the coldness enveloping his body all because the scene won’t stop. All because the director won’t cut it and mostly because the real fear in the air all heavy, piercing and real...

###

Oblivious to the happenings outside, Yoochun was then taking his time re-acquinting himself with the pointers and meters aligned in front of him.All his fears momentarily muting itself as familiarity flooded his senses, but then new fears inched itself nearer to the oblivious sitting figure.

###

Siwon who was then also one of the many spectators to the incident find himself assessing the dangers too. But he handled it in the most opposite way. He slowly inched towards cockpit wanting to maybe warn the aircontrol tower of this hijacking in progress and maybe if they’re lucky a solution can be made to avoid further catastrophe.

His boyfriend, heechul who was by then shaking slightly , terrified of the event in progress, grasped siwon’s hands tightly, while shaking his head hard.

“wonnie –ah, no...just don’t...don’t do anything stupid ok?! Can’t you just wait with me? I’m scared”

Whispering heechul tightened his grip around siwon’s wrist.

“Chullie-ah...baby...you  know i’ve got to do this right?...i’ve got to do something! I can’t just let them have it easy...i’ve to at least try..ok baby? It’s for you, for us..” siwon answered heechul softly trying to gain some confidence from his lifeline.

Giving a quick hug to the now slowly calming guy, he gave a quick peck to heechul’s lips lacing it with all the love and protection that he feels for the much slimmer build guy, before pushing their bodies completely apart. Casting longing gazes towards each other with vows that he’ll be back siwon made his way slowly.

‘yeah , i’ll be back cause there’s no other place i’d rather be than by his side’ momentarily sidetracked. Siwon let himself be drawn into the eased security of his love, for the wine haired guy, his heart, his soul, his everything.

Moving conspiciously , towards the closed door that seperates passenger’s cabin and his cockpit, he didn’t notice the pairs of sharp eyes following him.

The sound of a gun’s safety latch being released, stopped his steps short.

“aha...mister pilot  or should i say captain siwon...where do you think you’re going?”

Gruff voice of the leader of the masked pack was heared .

“.....” not knowing how he should tackle the sudden change of things siwon kept quiet, hoping that somehow he would suddenly disappear off the man’s radar or maybe someone would interest him more than just a mute guy would.

“husssh...you don’t need to be so harsh Sunggyu! Our dear Captain Siwon was just trying to help us re-direct the flight right? Because he knows that as of now, Korea is not our landing place anymore...”

The musical husky voice of Xia mocking and taunting Siwon, sent invisible shivers down his spine, and suddenly he regretted not letting his collegue , Captain Kibum change their schedule for the person to spend time with his girlfriend more.

‘aish Siwon ! now is not the time to regret!’ mentally scolding his own thoughts  siwon still remained muted to the world.

Loud , whispered murmurs were then heard across the cabin as the facts of Xia’s speech weaved through the masses.

“so Captain Siwon, won’t you be so kind as to direct this plane to our new destination?” the question thrown by Xia left him speechless as the wheels in his brain turned to find solutions ,his heart yearn for.

“.....”

“since people always say silence is one of the signs of acceptance, i’ll take it that you agree . Since i’m sure you wouldn’t want me to do any harm to your ‘gorgeous diva’ right Siwon-sshi?” Xia seeing the distress in the pilot’s expressions decided to play the love card.

Feeling his heart constricting with the question he hastily noded while forming up plans .’aish how....Chullie i’m sorry for putting you in so much danger... but how can i save all this people? Should i try contacting the ground? as sooner or later we’ll have to land. Maybe i can tell them the exact coordinates or help the goverment initiate rescue missions serving as their insider...

As solutions, plans and imaginaries of future assaulted him, he finds himself being steered towards the cabin , pushed by cold hard barrels that left himself tingling, all dangerous and somehow exciting. Adrenaline pumping up blood rushing , heating his now itching limbs and tachy heart.

The one who was the leader of the ‘rescue Xia mission’ quickly followed his man escorting siwon to the cabin.

#####

Yoochun was just trying to contain his squel after succeding in grasping the steering without much hesitation,’ and that is after half and hour of chanting that i won’t fall, this won’t fall’ when it all halted.....

His sounds of victory was harshly cut short with the creakedof the cockpit heavy door. The sihoutte  of his captain, accompanied by two other person, masked with ski masks loomed.

‘nice , do they think we’re going to go to Switzerland or something??? What’s with the over the top masks.??’ Silently chiding the newcomers of their fashion sense well more like living sense, he stopped his inward observations  and diva mode when he saw the frown marring the sharp features of his captain.

“captain? Is everything alright??” couldn’t really contain his growing confusion Yoochun asked the silent captain.

‘Who are they? What are they doing here?’...Silent questions forming in his head was left for the wind as he thought if his captain brought those guys in there was sure to be for a concrite reasoning...”

“owhh...ermm..Yoochun! no! nothing just..just go stay outside okay? I can handle it here. Go stretch your legs or something..” in a rushed siwon quickly formed a plan to get yoochun out of the line of fire .’ just because he kind of have a hero-complex doesn’t mean he’s got to drag everyone with him down. And captains are suppose to go down with their ship . So i guess if i can’t save this it’s as good as having half of my soul ripped out anyway...’

“what do you think you’re doing?” gruff voice stopped his musing, and siwon finds himself faced with the one that had been somewhat the leader of this criminal act.

“jus...just let him go out and wait with the others okay? I promise i can handle everything here”

Begging didn’t mix well with him but Siwon found it easier when he thinks of how this might just save his co-pilot’s life, cause between his trauma and this hijacking in progress he might just develop a trauma to the thought of flying itself. And that is just unacceptable as he knew how Yoochun loves flying just as much as he loves his late younger brother.

“fine. But you better make sure that there’s no problem or i might just leave someone breathless! Literally...Keep that in mind! Owh.. dear captain” the sarcastic tone accompanying the term use by people that respected, him left his heart burning.

Siwon gripped his hands tightly trying to stop himself from doing something entirely stupid, like  pouncing on the hijacker or even -slapping him, when basically the whole aircraft is depending on him . ‘ owh how he would really like to wipe of the smirk that he knew was then firmly etched on the other’s face belittle-ing him and his crew. Everything was a game then and people were his pawn, but Siwon swore to a pain in the !!! Just you wait and see ugly men! .’ And the thought amplifies the hero complex in Siwon...

‘Huh i bet your super ugly that your momma cried when she saw you a...an...and  that’s why you just had to wear a mask!huh..take that!!!╰(◣﹏◢)╯ Siwon mentally berates the men in hope that this will somehow give himself a personal victory.

‘er...why am i starting to sound so much like a diva?? The effects of spending too much time with Chullie i guess..’( ಠ_ರೃ)

 Trying to set his wandering mind, he nodded solemnly . Siwon made his way to the front and seated himself in his seat, marvelling on how the leathers comfirm to him, moulding in to his clothes and later skin. Feeling the familiarity, left siwon pulling his lips upwards just a little, reminiscing on how he was ecstatic when he had his first flight, his first captain day and earlier today.

Flashback...

“Wonnie-ah!!!! We’re actually going back to Korea!!!! And it’s permanent this time. No more sunburn, no more missing kimchi’s and jjajangmyun and cold buckwheat noodles..and..and” heechul was then bouncing on his their hotel bed.

Siwon then smiled widely , embracing his lover’s antics and enthusiasm,” You’re that happy ?”

“of course i am Wonnie!!! I miss all those things, I missed home, owh I might even miss my annoying neighbour who never seem to know the meaning behind the word privacy...huhu” heechul smiled slightly being reminded of a neighbour who would spent almost every waking moment, going in and out of his house bringing him gifts, and self proclaiming that they’re best of friends.

“uhoh... should i be worried? Are you going to leave dear old me now?? Are you getting sick of looking at this handsome face?” wanting to play with his lover’s mood , Siwon decided to act as if he was insecure of himself.

“wh..what? what do you mean Siwon-ah?” confusion and uncertainty coloured Heechul’s face.

“you said you missed another..you missed home when i’m right beside you...don’t you want me anymore?.and you call me by my full name...not Wonnie..not honey...but Siwon” enjoying  the  play Siwon quickly added a few fake tears.

“what????? You know i don’t mean it like that right?? I love you and only you. I just miss the familiarity of our hometown, all lazy pick ups and warm. And..and the name...it’s still your name! It’s not like i said another’s...ourmm...you understand right Wonnie??” suddenly the thoughts of being left behind by Siwon scared Heechul and pain blossomed of what the future might’ve in stored for them.

“hahaha...i was just playing around Chullie-ah! I know you love me and i love you too okay?” at last Siwon couldn’t really continue making his most important person cry, so he opt to just drop it.

Snuggling deeper into each other’s embrace they watch the sun rise majestically , shining everything and anything in it’s way. All bright and warm in the embrace of each other’s love..

‘And we’ll grow old together okay? Be it in some cold foreign land learning the language through out our life or just in our own backyard in our hometown smiling to something as simple as the sunrise and sunset...i promise you Chullie..i promise you i’ll always come back to you cause you’re my home’

End of flashback...

Feeling the determination to keep his promise to his counter part, Siwon carefully manouvered himself so that he could execute his plans easily. He leaned himself towards the boards of meters and extended his hands to grab the handpiece of the comunicator....

Bang!

####

 Yoochun had just settled between two tall guys . His greasy mode ,after recognising that the one on his right ,taking the window seat was the doe eyed man-boy, that he had caught staring into space hours before...

After being escorted by the bulky masked man out of the cockpit, he was then instruted to sit at the only available seat. And fate had it that it was beside his very own drool worthy, limb twitching embodiment of ‘tall, dark and deadly’ ok well maybe not deadly since he couldn’t picture those innocent stare trying to pick a fight with anyone, let alone cause any harm.’Ahhhhh...’

As thoughts swirled him through a smile etching dream, of him and a certain long legged, unconcious happy sigh escaped his parted lips.

“...err...Mister pilot? Are you okay?” tiny uncertain whisper from the handsome stranger broke the not so innocent daydream.

‘what? blame his hormone! He is a healthy 26 years old man! I have needs!  ლ(´ڡ`ლ) sensing the concern in the words uttered by the man-boy, yoochun quickly shook his head trying to get it back into reality before he embarass himself further .

“ah..ah..yeah...mister....”  ヾ( ̄ー ̄)

“owh..Changmin, Shim Changmin...just call me Changmin and you?” relieved that the uniformed man has regained his speaking ability Changmin answered the unspoken question for his name.

“owh okay nice to meet you Changmin. I’m yoochun,co pilot Park Yoochun hope to be of service to you” Wanting to assess more of his newfound interest yoochun started his own ‘smooth steps on how to own his/her heart’ . Guaranted to leave more than a few hearts melted, gazes glazed and just total knock out! ...

“erm...nice to meet you too mister co-pilot -Yoochun-sshi” blood rushed to Changmin’s high rised cheekbones as he noticed the intense glare thrown by the flight crew.

“uh changmin-ah...owh can i call you that? And you can just call me Yoochun no mister please...it makes me feel old...” yoochun winked at the end of the sentence leaving changmin gaping in the absurdity of the situation.

‘here he was in a plane back  to Korea his mother land after travelling half the world, in search of the in famous criminal, Xia being hijacked on the way and on the receiving end of an interest from a man with the most direct flirting techniques’...huhu...the absurdity left Changmin speechless..

“.......”

“anyway i would love to continue weaving the start of our beautiful love story, but i’ve got to ask something, what’s really going on Changmin-ah? One moment i was looking over the engines and fuel tanks meters, than suddenly two men bursted in with Captain Siwon asking me to leave the cockpit” suddenly worried of the situatioon on hand after sensing the tension in the air Yoochun decided to put a halt to his flirting moments.

‘cause really if they’re fated they’d meet again to continue this story...and if they weren’t he’d make sure that they are!’ smirking and laughing inwardly, Yoochun patted himself mentally on his solution. ’ Haha you’re mine baby!’

i’m not sure myself. I was happily enjoying my lunch when a few armed ,masked men appeared and told us to keep at our places if we intend to live” Changmin unconciously pouted out his statement remembering his unfinished food and his halted urge to eat.

‘omg can he be any cuter than this?   (ノ≧∀≦)ノ  I wish....’ before Yoochun could continue feeding his imagination of a certain man-boy named Changmin. A gunshot sound was heard, resonating through the corners of the cabin..

####

Bang !

A gunshot sound rang throughout the airtight cabin space. Shocking more than a few people, raising cries from agitated toddlers and babies oon board.

Confusion , insecurity and shocked waved through the hostages’ and hijackers’ alike.

Seconds later the closed door of the cockpit opened, revealing the remaining masked man who was then suppose to guard and overlook Siwon while directing him to their new destination. Frustration left the man furrowing his thinly arched brows. Anger seeped in through every steps of the man , approaching the apprehensive ,Xia who was then standing right next to Jaejoong after having their own little staring contest .That ended long before the thuds of the cabin door hitting it’s adjoining wall pulled them of their ‘childish competetiveness’.

Once he was close enough he bowed low . Before trying to explain the situation ...

“sir, there’s a problem!” frustrated sigh escaped his covered mouth as he lowered his gaze, not wanting  to the disappointment in his leader’s gaze.

“ack!! Wh..what? ...i mean... What do you mean? What happened?” flustered Xia unknowingly let out his loud shrieks leaving more than a few people covering their ears shielding it from the possible sound damage.-.-“”

“ The dirty scheming captain tried to contact the aircontrol tower....”  the one being questioned sensing  Xia’s exasperation trailed off..

“and your trigger happy hand just decided to let loose?”

“i’m sorry sir. Punish me.” Bowing even lower the man admitted his fault waiting for the coming punishment for his misconduct.

“no..no...that has got to wait . Now we have a more pressing matter! Now that the captain is dead... Who’s going to man the plane? We need to land somehow. Even if we don’t change the course and head straight to Korea it still needs to be relieved of it’s autopilot for landing.”suddenly concerned of the outcome of his man’s action he accidentally  raised his voice gaining the attention of both FBI agents, the co-pilot and their analysis.

And suddenly it all clicked. Five pairs of eyes were then set on a common aim, Yoochun the co-pilot. His features darkened as realisation hit him full force.

“Sir i think we have the solution already.We still have the co-pilot, so Why don’t we get him to replace the captain’s place and get him to land us?” sensing the answer for his worries has finally surfaced his brows relaxed itself forming an elegant arch.

“good thinking , Sunggyu!euu kyang kyang.... I might even not do the punishment..” feeling light seeing that they had an option out of this hole after all , Xia laughed heartily.

“Well what are you waiting for ? you heard the boss! Get your off the seat and get this plane down!” the man called , Sunggyu harshly tugged the suddenly pale faced Yoochun.

“I..I can’t...wait..I can’t..please no...nono...I can’t...he..them..” broken incoherent words were then heard escaping yoochun’s pouty lips as all their attentions were trained on him....