prologue

Fly Me Through Life

Prologue:

“To passengers boarding flight KE 5282 to korea please proceed to gate number p10 as the proceedings are beginning. Starting with the VIP seaters please form a line so that we can proceed the boarding process...”

#####

A group of flight crews consisting of a few well dressed stewardess , handsomely groomed stewards and a couple of unifrom clad pilots were then seen pulling  their hand luggages while engaged in conversations between them.

All the while, one can be seen smiling and flirting with the many boarding passengers that had managed to be casted in his nets of flirtatious smiles and winking eyes. But none saw the hesitance cracking the sides of his smile , breaking his mask that he wears so easily, none saw the slight tremors or the way his hands kept on flexing his grips on his bag’s handles, or mostly not the downcast glances that he threw trying to stop himself from re-living the terrors,the tears , the nightmares.

Yoochun who was then trying to catch up with his flight crews of stewardess and stewards mentally shook his head when flashes of fire and muted faces of grief coloured his vision. Shrieks of pain nearly stopped his track but a single smile before a hitch of breath kept him holding on and soft caress of twin soft hands kept him going. Wanting to erase the budding pain and heartburn of his past he scanned his surroundings.

The man adorned with a pilot’s uniform, smiled his most greasiest smile. Armed with his dandy features , rosy cheeks and pouty set of lips more than a few souls were drained, leaving behind carcasses of fallen humans. Both of men and women. The hammering of his heart were then reduced seeing the reaction that he got. Trying to unravel the knots in his stuffy chest, Yoochun swept his gaze through and through the boarding area. Scanning it of any signs of a breathing hot specimen, interesting enough for him to sink his teeth into, to ride of his inflight panics that he might just need to work through.

Frustrated of not being able to find any eye catching, breath hitching and limb twitching person, Yoochun unconciously let out a sigh. turning more than a few heads of his moving collegues.

Kyuhyun ,23 years old steward who was one of yoochun’s oldest known friend in the field gripped lightly his shoulders trying to calm the building tension piling on yoochun’s shoulders. Thus, making yoochun turn his head slowly , mechanically like if tempered it would just break off, the little balance in yoochun’s mind wavering dangerously beaing swayed by his last trauma that left him incapitate in the hospital for more than three months. But left him in nightmares for even longer.  

“Chun-ah, are you okay? Are you really ready for this”, plucking his courage while seeing his friend’s distress emotions filling  twin pools of orbs, Kyuhyun caught himself asking of yoochun’s state well before he registered the act in his mind.

“...huhurm...don’t worry kyu-ah i’ve been dreaming of this since that day and i can’t put it off any longer. Though answering your question i’ll never be ready to re-live it kyu-ah, but i think if given my way i’ll never be ready enough...” yoochun painted his face in pale of emotions, but quickly replaced it with a wide determine grin as he slowly faced kyuhyun who was then standing on his left side.

The action of moving his head made him unconciously swept the ground of mass crowds yet again, but this time it managed to locked on to something that had been by far the most interesting sight in the whole gate area. His paused gaze spotted a pair of twin caramel orbs or is it or is it green? But judging from the tanned smooth skin adorning high raised cheekbones with silky smooth midnight hair and hanging bangs covering his forehead. yoochun was sure it was caramel orbs cause it would then fit perfectly into his image of the ‘tall , dark and handsome ‘stranger.

A boy or was it a man was seen staring into the open spaces infront of him with such intensity that suddenly yoochun is being reminded of himself then. Not of him now, not when he spends half of his days doubting things, but more of him when he was still flying, jumping across countries, nations, and continents.when the sky was still his second home. He let his gaze traveled through the whole expanse of the silhoutte who was clad in long  black denim ,finishing off his ‘tall, dark, and deadly image’ with a flourish.

The image of twin high rised cheekbones on top of strong jaw lines  and smooth tanned skin was distrupted with the repeated tuggings done by kyuhyun. Knowing that he couldn’t really ignore him any longer and that he really need to get his mind back into worrying about his ‘first’ flight he reluctantly moved his vision, but not before casting one last longing look towards the man-boy . All because of the expressions that adorned the man-boy suddenly yoochun was ready.

Strides were resumed, bags were pulled and gazed were set as yoochun moved half heartedly towards his goal, his doom but mostly just his life...

#######

At another corner of the gate four person can be seen sitting waiting for the crowds to clear so that they can skip the growing lines of boarding passengers.

One was caught in a daydream, reminiscing his prior experience of running around half of europe trying to catch a criminal charged with mass murder,arson and mostly everything and anything listed in the laws of faults and codes. Another two was seen sitting close to a blonde man wearing identical authoritative frowns, while the blonde was noncholantly smiling bordering smirking, amused with the tensions arising from the two officers that was occasionally throwing glances to the budding crowd moving around them.

“Min-ah, let’s go the gate is clear already. Gather your stuff and let’s board already” Jaejoong one of the officer’s attending to the smirking blonde criminal was heard cutting smoothly through changmin’s musing.

“Aahhh...owh..okay hyung” Changmin quickly stood up , wiping imaginary dust of his denims , suddenly aware of the sudden change of environment. The once buzing crowd had left , leaving the four of them with just a few passer’s occasionally throwing them glances, then resuming their activities. A feeling of sudden stillness at the back of his neck rendered him speechless. Shudders involuntarily ripped his figure, as cold animalistic gaze of faceless demons cut through his observation.

Seeing the sudden change in Changmin’s stupor Yunho the second tallest of them all ‘all cause Changmin just wouldn’t stop growing ; between him , his food and his studies the growth spurt really dents Yunho’s pride of being the tallest officer in his force, which now is just the second tallest’ strode quickly to his ddongsaeng concern marring his smooth tanned skin.

“Changmin-ah, are you okay? Why ? what’s wrong ? are you sick?”

The silent Jaejoong ,spared a worried glance to his boyfriend and ddongsaeng as the interaction peaked. Wordless conversations formed between them, as flashbacks of their ddongsaeng's episodes lingered.

Still feeling the lingering gaze of a faceless stare, Changmin yanked his hand quickly from yunho’s loose grip and swirled around searching for the source of his sudden fear. only to be greeted by masses of ignorant people paying no heed to him. And suddenly the gaze left him.the sudden absences of tension left him gasping for the normality to pull him back.

Once his heart rates were normal Changmin quickly drew a smile on his chapped lips to assure his worried hyung of his well being.

“Everything’s fine hyung. Just tired...hehe... can’t wait to meet my wives at home! All those ramens.... And ddeok...argh...”

Missing the stiffness of changmin’s jaw as he was talking ,both Jaejoong and Yunho released their breath that they had unknowingly held. Matching smiles were worn as two hands knocked Changmin’s head playfully.

 “ Changmin-ah do you ever think of anything except food ? can you stop thinking about food for maybe at least an hour of your day?” knowing Changmin’s love or more like obsession towards food Jaejoong blurted out .

“....or even a minute?” not wanting to be left behind in the ‘bully Changmin and his food mission’ yunho quickly added.

“sure i do hyung!!!!!” indignant coloured his reply...”i think about Jae hyung and his food sometimes and also Yun hyung and drive-thrus’ ?”...not being phased by the sudden question of his food life progress changmin threw a witty come back. Rendering his hyung-deuls’ speechless.

‘hehe.. cause really hyung... no one messes with me and my food!!!!  Muahahaha ‘ seeing his hyung’s reaction changmin couldn’t help but quipped his own snide remark silently in his head.

As they were playing around talking about Changmin and his food obsession they missed how Xiah’s mouth twist into a smirk.’Laugh all you can , while you still can....’

###

Unknown to them pairs of eyes were watching them.Calculating their moves, seeing their faults. Waiting for their steps to falter, their security to plummet, their awareness to disappear as comfort graced them with it’s presences....

Making contact with Xia’s pair of feral ones and nodding their silent agreement on a plan invisible to the eyes but permanently inked to the ones involved...