Rules

My Girl, My Vampire

“What is it mom?” you asked as you came to the top of the stairs. Your father and mother were both sitting at the kitchen table, hands folded in front of them and a stern look on each of their faces. Their eyes were a bright crimson, so you knew there emotions were flaring and you didn’t want to push them. “Is something wrong?” you asked, making sure to keep your voice steady as you approached them. Even though they were your parents, they terrified you in more ways than one and when their eyes were red you knew from experience that Hell could easily break loose at any given moment. Neither of them spoke for what seemed like an eternity, and they both could have probably kept their poker faces up for that long, having had enough practice. Your parents were actually the next in line for the thrown of all the vampires, which was simply a fancy term for being the head of the government in the Vampire world. Your grandfather was the head right now, but when he stepped down your parents would take over, which made you partially royal by blood, but not by actions. Unlike you your parents, who were wise, graceful, had the presence of authority and were able to hold their ground rather well, which sadly had been passed onto you but tended to be called being stubborn instead.

Finally, your father opened his mouth, “We have been discussing your… education recently,” your father forced the word out, “And with the strong objections of your grandfather in mind we decided it would be best for you to…” You clutched the edge of your pajama shirt tightly.  “Go to the school of your choice… for now,” your father added.

“What?” your jaw dropped foolishly in front of them. “I mean,” you quickly snapped out of your daze, “Thank you.” It had finally happened. After months of begging and pleading with your mother, father and even your grandfather, you were finally allowed to go to a human school. No vampires, no weird classes, just normalness. You were excited to get away from your parents so you could go to your room, scream and dance around like how you felt.

“But we are not letting you go that easily,” your mother huffed with a sly grin. Your heart plummeted. *What now?* you thought with dismay.

“We have written down some rules that you must follow and if any are broken, you will return to your private school immediately,” your father said, his voice full of authority.

“What are they?” you asked politely.

“First, you are not allowed to let anyone know what you are,” your father said.

“Okay that’s easy enough,” you nodded.

“You must control your emotions at all times,” he continued, “Do not get overly excited or angry or sad because, as you know, your eyes will turn and that will give you away.”

“Okay,” you nodded again. *These are pretty basic.*

“You mustn’t get into any brawls or draw a crowd to you,” you father continued staring you down.

“And you must eat enough every day so you do not go on a rampage,” your mother chimed in, obviously making the rule up on the fly. Your father gave her a quick look, but his eyes returned to his list.

“Got it. Got it,” you agreed, “Anything else?”

Your parents looked at each other and then back to you, “You can not show your fangs to anyone.”

“Isn’t that obvious though?” you said, trying to drop some of the sarcasm in your tone.

Your mother looked at you seriously, “That means you should not open your mouth more than necessary.”

You laughed and shook your head, “So I should try not to talk?”

“Or laugh. Or smile,” your father added in, his tone steady.

Your mouth dropped open, “No smiling?! How am I supposed to make friends?!”

“That is our next rule,” your father stated, “You are not allowed to let anyone get too close to you. That means no friends and absolutely no boyfriends!” your father emphasized the last word.

“I can understand the last part, but why no friends?” you began to argue.

“Because we say so,” they said together.

You let out a loud sigh and knew there was no sense arguing, “Fine, anything else,” you huffed out, crossing your arms in front of your chest with irratation.

Your mom’s hard features softened and her eyes dimmed to their normal deep blue, “You must also call us at least once a week and let us know how everything is going.”

“Thank you mom!” you shouted as you ran around the table to give her a hug. “Thank you dad,” you smiled, shifting your hug to your dad.

“There’s one more rule,” your father said softly. Your arms dropped and you stared at his face.

“What?” you whispered.

“Your brother must live with you,” he replied.

“What?!” you exclaimed. “But he will never agree to…”  you hoped.

“Oh he will,” your mother laughed behind you. You stared at both of them. *I can’t believe they are treating me like a kid!*

You thought for a few seconds about your options before you finally muttered, “Fine.” *Nothing can be worse than having Hero living with me.*

“Then it is set. We will see you off tomorrow and you can move to your apartment. We have already rented it out for the next month,” your mom explained.

“A month?” you asked with confusion.

“Yes, because we will see how it works out until then,” your mom smiled.

“Thank you!” you yelled as you skipped up the stairs to start packing.

 

 

Chapter numero dos! Woohoo! You get to go to a human school and you know what that means! HUMAN BOYS! :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!