Wonderful Cupid Page 2

Wonderful Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Left aligned = Daiki and Amu
Right aligned = Yamada and Rio




“So, how was the date?” Rio excitedly jumped out of nowhere and gave off a cheeky grin before her best friend Amu. She patiently waited for her friend’s response after seeing her blush almost immediately after she was asked… “Something good happened, right? Look at you blushing like that”


“Ehh? Sorry to disappoint you… but nothing happened!!” she lied while trying to avoid the annoying looks coming from Rio.

However, Amu didn’t hear the end of it from her friend that is continuously making her way to get more information about the said ‘date’.

“Okay Rio! I’ll tell you... Just promise me you’ll leave me in peace after this…”

“Hai~ I promise…” Rio replied then listened attentively on what Amu is about to say.

In contrast, Amu just took a deep breath and tried her best to reminisce her date with Daiki… “Do you remember the guy I told you before? The one I dumped?”


“Ehh? The one you said is quite 'cute' but ‘short’?” Rio said with a confuse tone… “Yeah… I remember him. What does that anything to do with your date with Dai-chan?”


“He’s that guy!!!” Amu placed both her hands on her friend’s shoulder then sighed heavily. This thought made Rio amazed from the actual coincidence. However, within a flash, Rio just smiled at herself as if planning something ‘evil’ again.

“I hate that smile Rio… please tell me you’re not planning anything” Amu replied with a worried tone, not wanting to be any more involved to Rio’s plans.


“Don’t worry… I’m not! But you have to tell me everything that happened…”

--


*Johnny’s Jimusho*


“So, how was the date?” Yamada took the chance on asking his friend Daiki on how things had gone between him and Amu. However, Daiki just glared at him as if trying to burn Yamada to include on his pork soup.

“You and Rio-chan are SO PERFECT for each other… You’re both EVIL!!!”  Daiki answered which cornered Yamada into the nearest wall.


“Ehh? What did we do? You didn’t like your date?” Yamada asked whilst trying to calm Daiki down to his own seat.

By this, Daiki just decided to remain quiet for a while and sigh desperately… “Do you know the girl who dumped me a few years ago?”


“Hmmm… that girl who said you’re ‘short’?” Yamada asked with a confused tone, trying to figure out what Daiki is actually pointing out… “Yeah~ I remember. Why?”

“That girl… she’s Amu-chan” he whispered, but loud enough to make Yamada hear.


“Ehh?! H-How? How did that happen?”

“Why the heck are you asking me? You’re the one who set us up, right?” Daiki immediately answered, almost with a shout.

“Well, well… that’s faith playing tricks on you, Dai-chan…” Yamada suddenly grinned despite the anxious expression given off by his friend… “Maybe you can give her another chance?”

“Chance? No way~ If ever I’ll give her anything, that will be my revenge…”


-----------------------





After the most tiring dance rehearsals came, Yamada felt his mobile phone vibrating against his trousers’ pocket. By this, he immediately pulled it to see who was calling. The name of the caller was just enough to pull a soft smile on his face which made him answer his phone within a quick pace.


“Moshi moshi? Rio-chan?” he said excitedly over the mouth piece.


“Yama-chan… I need your help! Is Dai-chan with you?” Yamada heard Rio’s faint voice, as if whispering from someone.


“My help? For what?” by this, Yamada can’t help but to whisper back to try and level out the volume of his vocal to the voice from the other line… “And Dai-chan is not here…”


“Good~ Have you heard about him and Amu-chan? I’m planning something to get them together…” Rio explained with an unpredictable smirk.

“Ehh? I don’t think that’s a good idea Ms. Cupid~ Dai-chan will be furious. Plus! Next time I’ll so something for him and Amu-chan, he will definitely cook me along with his pork soup!!!” Yamada expounded with an obvious pout, imagining himself being buried in a cook pot.


“Don’t worry… No one will know.” Rio tried to convince the help of her boyfriend… “Here’s the plan…”

 


---------------


*Next day*


“Where are we?” Amu asked along with some thoughts of curiousness and doubtful looks up and down her friend’s figure. She knows for a fact that, Rio is indeed acting strangely. She can barely see invincible devil horns slowly growing on her head, along with a devil tail swinging manically on Rio’s back side. Because of this, it made Amu gulped with nervousness while being dragged along the corridor by Rio… “Oi Rio-chan… Where are we actually going?”


“I told you, right? I need your help to carry some heavy boxes for my work…” Rio lied then just continued to lead the way until they reached an unfamiliar storage room from the Jimusho with the help of Yamada to allow the two girls in the establishment.

As they reached the said room, Rio opened the door and clicked the light switch to let them see slightly.

“Which one do I need to carry?”

“That one…” Rio pointed to a box and let her friend go inside the room first. Amu then slowly walked towards the item with Rio trailing behind her back.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter