Wonderful Cupid

Wonderful Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Arioka Daiki’s POV*

Amu’s smile gave me a slight tingle in my spine. I heard my heart beat thump twice as much as she pulled me into a sudden hug as I entered the familiar room.

I wondered what is happening and just willingly pulled her figure towards mine even without thinking. However, I scanned the room and met the gaze of a smirking couple sitting like angels on the nearest couch. By this, I know... Amu is not doing it in her own accord. She’s doing it to prove Yamada and Rio-chan that we’re indeed a sweet couple.

My smile faded after realising this. Amu-chan signalled me to act through and I obediently followed. Yet, my disappointed face is still evident on me as she tried to pull me towards Rio-chan and continued acted as a ‘couple’.

Yamada and Rio seems to be not contended in our acting. It’s been almost a week since our ‘double date’ but since then, they’ve been very annoying and gave us many weird “couple” gestures that they need to see in order to make us seem to be convincing enough.

Fortunately, I can sense that our scheme is evidently becoming a success as I’m aware of myself that my acting sometimes gets into me. I get carried away... everything seems so real. I want this to last forever...

-

“Amu-chan... Can I borrow you for a moment?” Kento appeared out of nowhere and asked for my ‘fake girlfriend’. Within seconds, I remembered what this guy said to me the other day. I never thought he likes Amu-chan. I was stupid enough to make him hear about our plan of being a couple within 3 weeks. For now, I’m just hoping that he will be co-operative enough not to tell anyone – especially Yamada and Rio.

“Oh~ hai...” Amu answered which definitely made a slight contraction in my stomach. I hate this feeling. They seem so close now. Only a few days had passed but Kento seems to be initiative enough to make his own move on Amu. What hurts the most is, I can’t do anything about it. I agreed to his deal that I would let him go out with Amu after the 3 weeks. I don’t know what got into me. I know for a fact that she’ll never be mine again. I promised myself to never to fall in love with the same girl twice... however, the sight of Amu approaching Kento is too much for me to handle.

“Dai-chan... you don’t mind if I borrow Amu-chan for a moment, right?” Kento pulled my attention as if mocking me.

I looked at him with a sharp stare but tried my best not to be noticed by the people around me. Kento is my friend after all; and I promised him that I don’t like Amu-chan anymore.

By this, my head just nodded involuntarily and just looked away. A sudden burning sensation inside my chest was felt which is enough to make me pull myself up and followed the track which the two people left – within seconds, I was following them.

I sneaked through the narrow corridor and found myself hiding everytime Kento and Amu seems to be peeking through their backs. I have no idea where Kento is bringing Amu-chan but I remember seeing small paths of dark hallway which made me think of weird thoughts inside my head.

Only a few moments had passed and the two people stopped in the middle of the corridor. Kento-kun seems to be whispering something to Amu-chan which made her stop and make her eyes widen. I, on the other hand just hid myself on the nearest corner of the wall and extended my neck to try and evesdrop on their conversation.

“Hey!”

Suddenly, a soft pat on my shoulder was felt which made my almost jump from where I was standing. I looked around and saw Yamada and Rio’s figure grinning manically before me.

“Shhhh...” I gestured to make them silent and placed my index finger on my lips. The two people were co-operative enough to remain quiet and just looked at what I’m looking – back to Kento and Amu.

“Ahh~ so you’re getting jealous ne?”  Rio-chan said in a whisper with a long smile on her face which I decided to ignore.

We all together watched Kento and Amu who are talking about something that is very confidential which became obvious with all their whispering.

However, I was taken aback by Kento’s sudden actions when he pushed Amu on the nearest wall and rested his hand that locked her between his broad arms. By this, I felt my own fist clenching and about to go towards them but Yamada pulled me and tried to calm me down. He then shook his head which somehow gave me the message that I should wait.

It’s not long when Kento suddenly pulled Amu’s chin up and started leaning his head towards her small frame. I then felt myself dragging my feet across the floor and grabbed Kento’s collar even without thinking.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” I shouted.

“Dai-chan?!” I heard Amu-chan mouthed the words of question as I started cursing Kento which is still in my capture.

“What’s wrong?!! This is all a game to you, right? 3 weeks is almost done... You’ll eventually see this coming in the future after your deal. Everything will be over” Kento leaned down and whispered in my ear which is only for me to hear. He was smart enough not to let Amu and the others hear his painful words but sliced a hole in my chest. I can hear Amu and the others asking me to stop but their words were ignored as my fist was asking for Kento’s face.

In an instance, I felt the urge to punch his jaw that made him back off because of the impact. I then grabbed his coller again and whispered back to him.

“3 weeks is not over yet! So she’s mine... and I never let anyone, touch what’s still mine...” I angrily said and dropped him off.

I then pulled Amu’s hand and led her to where my feet will take me – away from Kento. I didn’t even give her the chance to protest... I even gone passed Yamada and Rio who seems to be quite shocked by my unusual violent behaviour. Yet, she struggled after realising that we’ve been going in circles without even knowing where we’re headed.

“Where are we going Dai-chan?” she asked but I didn’t answer - still feeling furious on what happened just now.

“Oyy!!” she tried to gain my attention and explanation but failed. She then felt the urge to pull her hand back and stop my nonsense.

“What’s the matter with you? Why are you being angry?”

“You really have no idea? How stupid are you?” I said in a shout.

“Stupid? You’re the stupid one!!! You punched your friend!!!” she answered... “Wait~ are you jealous?” she continued and looked at me with a weird expression. She seems to be waiting for a decent reason fro my sudden actions.

“Why do you think I’m acting that way? I’m your boyfriend for petesake! And you.. you didn’t even bulge when he tried to kiss you!!!” I erupted without even thinking. I just let all my thought fire at her to make her realise that I did nothing wrong.

“Boyfriend? Aren’t we just acting?” Amu-chan said – obvious that she’s also frustrated... “I know Kento-kun knows about our plan... and he... he said something to me...” she continued but her words suddenly faded as if hiding something.

“Wh – what did he say to you?”

“I – I can’t say...” she replied which made me more restless and more frustrated. She even dare to hide a secret after what happened?

“You can’t even tell me?!! Is that how much you like him?” I yelled out all my anger while shaking her slightly... “Fine!!! The 3 weeks will end soon anyway... why don’t we end it right here?” I said with my own senses inside my head wasted. I’m just not thinking properly. I don’t want this to end but something inside is telling me that this foolishness needs to be stopped.

“FINE!!!! I don’t care!!! Let’s end this stupid thing... I don’t want to be a girlfriend of a midget like you anyway! You jerk!!!!!!” she shouted but with tears flowing out of her eyes. She then walked rapidly away from me while wiping her own tears.

I watched her fading figure into the dark pathway and just felt myself being drained into my own depressing world. My back glided against the wall and soon enough, I slumped my lower part on the floor.

“What did I just do?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter