Wonderful Cupid Page 4

Wonderful Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Note: Left Alingned = Sayashi Amu's POV
Right Aligned = 3rd person.


 

 

--

Daiki took a deep breath and started to wonder what things are about to happen with his ‘fake’ girlfriend by his side. The idea of having an instant relationship is just too much for him. However, the thought of their sweet revenge on Yamada and Rio is just enough to make him reassured that he’s doing the right thing.

“We can do this… only for 3 weeks. We’ll pretend to be couple and then break up” Amu said with confidence and patted the shoulder of the slightly taller boy… “That’s the deal”

“Okay… but do you think we can pull this off?” Daiki said, clearly worried that they’ll be found out by their devilish best friends.

“We’ll just go along with the plan… I’m sure we can act as a couple!” Amu replied and pulled off a soft smile from the latter. She then forced herself to walk outside and leave the boy in peace… “I’ll see you later. We’ll properly announce to them that we’re going out ne?” she continued then waved her good bye to Daiki.


--

Sayashi Amu’s POV

“We’re now a couple”

I gulped a few times before actually saying these words. I looked at the boy standing beside me and just saw that he’s quite nervous too. Everything seems to be getting out of hand - everything going so fast. But for some strange reason, it seems right.

Only a few days ago, I’m practically cursing my best friend who’s annoying enough to set me up on a blind date. Now, I am forced to hold Daiki-kun’s hand and tightly squeeze it to make the people around us to believe that we are indeed going out.

Yes… I got myself a fake boyfriend within a few days. We all did this to take our great revenge on our beloved best friends: Yamada and Rio.

Leaving me with not much choice, I held on tightly on my fake boyfriend’s hand and pretended to be a perfect couple. I then heard all the people within the room cheer for us with amazement and started asking endless questions.

“Woahh… when did this happen?” I heard Hikaru-kun said.

“Dai-chan… I didn’t know you act so fast!” Inoo-kun and Takaki-kun almost carried my boyfriend and tackled him on the sofa. By this, I just left a soft chuckle and immediately turned to the couple in front of me to see their reactions.

I can still remember the dumbfounded face of Yamada and Rio who seems to be unsure what is actually happening.

“Yes… We’re going out now” I heard Daiki-kun said who never fails to give chills behind my back.

“Y – you guys… You’re in love?” within seconds, I heard Rio said admiringly – almost having heart shaped eyes developing on her face. I just knew she’ll fall for this.

I then felt her hugging me with excitement and congratulated me with all her might. Yamada on the other hand grabbed Daiki-kun’s arm and led him outside; probably just having man to man talk with each other. They’re best friends after all.

Only a few minutes had passed and Rio is still over the clouds with the thought that I’m actually going out with the person she caught me up with. However, I little part of me just smirked in delight and just enjoyed out little acting session. Yet, Rio opened and just said the one thought that made me freeze from where I was standing…

“Let’s go on a double date!” Rio said. By this, I felt my own eyes widen and just felt the urge to look at Daiki-kun which I know is also thinking the same thing. I bit my lower lip and just shook my head to indicate a firm “No” to my best friend.

I know for a fact that I enjoy fooling Rio about us being a couple. But I never thought about how to pull it off and make them believe it. Having this idea of a double date would definitely make them figure out that we’re indeed fake.

“We should go together! It will be fun ne, Yama-chan?” Rio continued with a wide smile and just continued with our torture. Yamada on the other hand just nodded away and supported her.

I was about to protest more but I was taken aback by the sudden proclamation of Daiki-kun standing next to me.

“Okay! Let’s do it…” Daiki-kun said with confidence which made me give him a “what-do-you-think-you’re-doing” look on my face. Yet, Daiki-kun just nodded his head slightly as if saying the words “trust me” using his comforting gestures.

“Okay then! Let’s meet up tomorrow!”

“Look at you guys growing up…” Yabu-kun admiringly said like a real mother to her children.

--

“Dai-chan… Can I talk to you for a moment?” Daiki looked around and saw Kento peeking through a small gap between the doors like a real stalker. Seeing that everyone left already, Daiki wondered what the boy wants to talk about but he immediately walked towards his direction.

Kento then looked at him with a serious face and just led to his actual point.

“What’s wrong Kento?”

“I know what you guys are doing…” Kento said which enough to make Daiki more restless.

“Ehh?”

“About your plan… being a ‘fake’ couple” he said sharply, leaving small snappy phrases between his lines. By this, Daiki froze. He never thought their plan will end this soon. He just hoped that Kento will be good enough to keep a secret.

“H – how did you know?”

“I heard your conversation this morning…” Kento answered then gave off a curious aura… “Are you really just doing this for fun? Just for your revenge on Yama-chan and Rio-chan? You’re not actually serious about how you feel about Amu?” Kento suddenly bombarded Daiki with never ending questions which made him look at the younger boy with slightly worried face.

All Kento said gave him so much worry on his part. Is he really not serious about Amu? Daiki was indeed taken aback from Kento’s sudden gestures. He never had seen Kento this serious before.

“You’re acting weird today Kento-kun…” he managed to say but with nervous tone on his part.

“Just answer my questions Dai-chan… Do you still like Amu-chan? Since you confessed to her a few years ago, there’s a likelihood that you still like her, right?”

“No! I confessed to her once. I’m not gonna take the chances again and be heartbroken for the second time. I promised myself… I won’t fall in love with the same girl again” Daiki continually said even without thinking straight. The press

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter