Better Than Expected

Back Where We Started

Nicole's POV Part 2

 

     My first classes of the day turned out better than I had expected. It turned out that Jonghyun and I have all of our morning classes together, but he had still agreed to walk me to my afternoon classes everyday until I remembered where they were. I was starting to really connect with Jonghyun, and I loved being in his company. I felt so safe and un-alone when he was around. It was lunch time now, and I had wasted five minutes already looking for Hyuna. She had said to go to the second floor, and turn to my right. The only problem was, I couldn't fnd the stairs. Everything was so crowded. People pushed through crowds to get to lunch, some to class, teachers monitered the hallways, couples lingered by lockers, kissing and hugging each other. It was a mess.

I remembered what Ms. Jung had said if I needed help finding anything, so I jogged to her desk in the front. "Ms. Jung, can you please help me find the upstairs bathroom? I'm supposed to meet Hyuna there for lunch." 

Ms. Jung looked up and peaked over her glasses, giving me a bright smile,  "Go all the way down this main hallway. They're straight ahead, honey."

     I bowed and started running to the stairs. I pushed my way through the crowd, recieving some pushes back and side comments as well. I didn't care, I just wanted to get to my cousin and away from these unfamiliar faces. I spotted Hyuna in front of the bathrooms, just as she had said she would be. She was staring at her watch, carrying two sacks of lunch. When she saw me she smiled and waved.

"Nicole! I went out and got you some lunch. I forgot to pack you some this morning. Miahnae..." Hyuna gave me a sack in exchange for my school books. 

"Thanks, I didn't plan on eating anything today, though." Hyuna gave me a playful hit on my arm, followed by a light chuckle.

"Don't be silly! On your first day of school, you should never go hungry. So, tell me. How is your day going so far?" Hyuna began biting on an apple, doodling down in her notebook.

"So far, everything has been going perfect! Better than I expected, actually." I began, getting more excited as I spoke. "This morning at my locker, I met a boy named Jonghyun, he's a senior like us, and he is super nice. He showed me to all of my morning classes, because we have the same ones." 

Hyuna almost choked on her apple when she stared right at me, "You already met a boy!? Do you like him, is he nice?" 

"Those are the questions you should be answering for me. I'm new here, what's Jonghyun really like?"

Hyuna paused before taking another bite of her apple and rubbing her forehead, "I haven't really talked to Jonghyun. I know he's a friend of Joon, though."

At the sound of Joon's name I jerked my head foward, "You know Joon!?"

Hyuna looked away from me, "A-ah...well, n-not exactly, n-no..." Hyuna's voice trailed off and it wasn't long before I realized my cousin was hiding something from me. I didn't want to think on a good day like this, so I just let it blow past me.

Taking my uneaten lunch, I stood up and threw it away, Hyuna mirrored my actions and gathered her books together. She looked at me and added, "What classes do you have, now? I could maybe show them to you."

At the right moment, Jonghyun ran towards us, bent over and out of breath. He put his hand on my shoulder to steady himself and forced a smile. "Nicole! I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?" 

I was staring at a tired Jonghyun, sweat was forming on his forehead and his hands were moved down to his hips. "I-I was up here. Eating lunch with Hyuna."

Hyuna stood there, obviously trying to avoid eye contact with Jonghyun. Why did I have this sudden feeling that she was hiding something from me? Jonghyun didn't let her bother him, instead he grabbed my hand and pulled me along. "Let's get going, we have to get to class." Jonghyun smiled at me and not an eye of his landed on Hyuna. He acted as if she wasn't there, and she did the same for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Note

This is part 2 to Nicole's POV, next it will be Joon's POV, so, are any of you wondering what will happen next? haha~ Have fun reading everyone. Thanks for subscribing <3

~Bri