An Offer From Min Kyung.

What Is Love?

 

Oh my god…Kris slapped his hand over his face and groaned inwardly. Today has got to be the most pathetic day of my life.

“WHAT?! But I’m supposed to rent!” Min Kyung shouted in protest.

“Who are you? Are you Ge-ge’s girlfriend?” Luhan raised a brow at Min Kyung before turning back to Kris again. “I didn’t know you have a girlfriend.”

This idiot. Kris shook his head. He was so close to smacking Luhan in the face but was able to hold himself back.

“She is just someone who wants to rent” Kris gritted his teeth.

“But Jae Rin is going to rent!” Luhan pouted.

“Actually, I think I’m not—” Jae Rin started, but was ignored as Kris and Luhan starts to bicker about the rooms issues.

“Are they always like this?” Jae Rin gave Chen a wary look.

“Unfortunately, yes” Chen sighed

“Hey! I’m Min Kyung” Out of nowhere, Min Kyung appeared beside Jae Rin with a bright smile.

“Hello, I’m Jae Rin” Jae Rin gave her a polite smile and shook her hands.

“So are you looking for a place also?” Min Kyung asked

“Yes” Jae Rin nodded

“So…I know this is strange and all…but I have a proposition for you!” Min Kyung cheerfully stated

“A what?”

“I…want to know how you feel about having a roommate” Min Kyung smiled sheepishly.

“Um…like roommates in college dorms and stuff?” Jae Rin raises a brow at Min Kyung.

“YES! Like that!” Min Kyung cheerfully nodded. “So…do you think I’ll be a good roommate?”

“Wait…wait…I think I know where you are heading with this” Chen suddenly interrupted their conversation with a disapproval frown.

“Why are you frowning? I’m offering her a good deal” Min Kyung pouted.

“Wait! What do you mean you’re offering me a good deal?” Jae Rin asked, confused by both Chen’s frown and Min Kyung’s mischievous look.

“What I want to say is…Do you want to be roommates with me?” Min Kyung smiled

“Roommates with you?...Here?” Jae Rin’s eyes widened.

“Yes! Here! We can split the rent! And wouldn’t it be great because it’d be safer with two of us here!” Min Kyung squealed in excitement.

“No, I think you misunderstood, I have no intentions of renting here! My dongsaeng—” Jae Rin took a step back as she tries to explain to Min Kyung, however, she collided into a body that had just stepped in through the front door and the impact almost made her come face to face with the ground.

“Woah there! Be careful!” The male said and quickly caught her waist before she hits the ground.

As Jae Rin turns her head to look at her savior, she found herself unable to breathe due to the lack of space between both of their faces. The male also notices it as he began to turn into a deep shade of red and clumsily releases her from his arms.

“Th-Thank you!” Jae Rin squeaked and scurried away from him and back to where she was standing, besides Chen and Min Kyung.

“N-No worries” The male muttered as he keeps his head down, eyes seemingly glued to the ground.

“YIXING GE-GE!” Tao shouted as soon as he notices the male standing awkwardly in the living room. “WHEN DID YOU COME BACK?!”

Thanks to Tao’s shouting, both Jae Rin and Yixing were temporarily distracted from their awkward situation. Now, everyone’s eyes were on Yixing, who casually placed his backpack down on the couch with a gentle smile.

“I just got back! The shuttle dropped me off just now” He explained with a soft voice that matches his expression.

“Welcome back Yixing” Kris stepped forward and gave him a pat on the back. Yixing returned a smile while glancing at the house. “It’s good to be back.”

However, as he was looking around at the familiar house that he had missed while in Beijing, his eyes found the two strange females and gazed at them with curiosity.

Who are they?

Without a doubt, Yixing didn’t have to ask in order to find out who they are, as Kris’ and Luhan’s squabbling that interrupted his thoughts began to explain the identity of the girls.

“Min Kyung was here first! Therefore she’s renting!” Kris shouted. Somehow, his idea of having a girl in the house is bad had completely slipped his mind as he argues with Luhan. All Kris knows is that he does not want to lose.

“How is that fair? I could’ve seen and talked to Jae Rin-sshi first for all I care! You two just happened to beat us back here because you were close by!” Luhan firmly protested. His competitive nature is slowly being revealed as he fights verbally with Kris.

“Luhan-sshi…I really don’t care about the room…” Jae Rin muttered.

“Look at them…If I didn’t know better, I’d think they were arguing for their girlfriends or something” Tao murmured and bit into a apple as he watches the amusing scene in front of him.

“Should we stop them?” Min Kyung turns to Chen and asked, who just shrugged and stuck his hands into his pockets.

“They won’t stop unless one of them wins, or a better solution is offered” Tao said with a mouth full of apples.

“So Jae Rin-sshi! Let’s rid them of their misery and say yes to my offer yeah?” Min Kyung turned to Jae Rin with eyes glittering with hope.

“But I—” Jae Rin bit her lips nervously. Would renting here be a good idea? Rooming with a stranger and living in a house full of males…What would Papa say if he finds out? What about Auntie and Sehun? But this deal that this girl is offering me is a great deal. Not to mention the house is in a great condition and the neighborhood seems safe too..

As Jae Rin battles with herself, Min Kyung took the opportunity to come up with a sob story. She was determined to get Jae Rin to accept the offer, therefore, she will try all methods possible. Somehow, she felt like Jae Rin would be the perfect roommate, as well as an addition to the household.

“If you don’t want to…it’s okay…I don’t want to force you” Min Kyung muttered with a solemn look.

“I…”

“It’s okay, I can find some other place or sleep at the bathhouse for a while” Min Kyung lowered her head and began to wipe her tears.

Jae Rin, as well as Chen and Yixing, all softened at the sight. Without much thought, Jae Rin immediately patted the girl’s back and made a decision.

“I’ll room with you! Don’t sleep at the bathhouse”

“Really?” Min Kyung gazed up at her with tearful eyes.

“Yes, I will. I know what it is like to be here all alone” Jae Rin smiled and wiped Min Kyung’s tears away with her sleeve.

“YAY! WE’LL BE GREAT ROOMMATES” Min Kyung jumped and hugged Jae Rin. Yes! My plan worked.

“Now that you two got that settled, maybe you should stop those two from ripping each other’s heads off” Tao nodded in the direction of Luhan and Kris.

“Right!” Min Kyung nodded and ran to Kris, tapping his shoulder.

“What?” Kris paused his rage with Luhan and raised a brow at Min Kyung.

“I have an offer to make” Min Kyung said with a cheeky grin.

------------------------------------------------

“There! Contract signed” Min Kyung cheerfully pushed the documents back to Kris as soon as Jae Rin finishes signing the papers.

“When will you two move in?” Chen asked. Because we need to move all of Yixing’s stuff out.

“I will move in…in about 2 days!” Min Kyung said. “What about you Jae Rin?”

“Probably 2 or 3 days. Is there any problems with that?” Jae Rin asked

“Nope, not at all!” Luhan smiled.

“Then it’s settled!” Min Kyung grinned

“No, not yet, there are still some rules we need to set in this house if you two are going to be living here” Kris frowned.

“Save that for later when we actually move in” Min Kyung waved it off.

“YAH! But—”

“Oh my! I’m late for an appointment! Sorry but I must leave! If anything comes up, please call me!” Jae Rin suddenly shot out of her seat and grabbed her bag. Before she leaves, Jae Rin gave them a polite bow and ran off.

“No worries! I will call you!” Min Kyung happily waved. “Speaking of, I think I will go too”

“Good, off you go then” Kris said and crossed his arms.

“Wow, thanks for the warm good bye” Min Kyung rolled her eyes and grab her bag to leave.

As soon as Chen closes the door for Min Kyung, everyone else immediately lean further back into their chair and relaxed.

“So…now that they’re gone…want to explain to me why you guys rented my room out?” Yixing sat straight up again and eyed the rest of guys with his arms crossed while his tongue poked the inside of his cheeks.

--------------------------------------------------

As Jae Rin rushes to the coffee shop, she realizes that she was 30 minutes late.

Oh great, I hope he’s still there.

However, as soon as she turns on the corner, she spotted him immediately, leaning against the wall of the coffee place with his hands in his jacket pockets. His foot tapped the ground impatiently as he waits for her. As soon as he caught her walking towards him, a smile lit up on his usually poker-face.

 “Noona, what took you so long?!” He whined and attached himself to Jae Rin as soon as he could reach her.

“Sorry Sehun, I was caught up in some stuff” Jae Rin smiled and patted the boy’s back affectionately.

“Let’s go then!” Sehun gave her a bright smile and slide his hand down her arm to her hand, where he intertwined their fingers together. Swinging their hands back and forth, the tall boy dragged her along with him towards a random direction.

“Mom wants you to visit soon, she’s really happy that you’re back” Sehun muttered as the two strolled down the street hand in hand.

“I will soon! After I move into my new place first!” Jae Rin smiled as the memories of Sehun’s sweet mother flooded back into her mind.

“Wait! Noona,you found a place?!” Sehun suddenly halted in his steps as her words registered in his mind. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“Well Sehunnie, I was going to tell you right now” the girl chuckled as Sehun releases her hand from his to throw a fit on the side of the street. “Come on, Sehun-ah, be happy Noona found a place yeah?”

“You could’ve just stay with me, why did you book a hotel and why did you rent a place?” He turns around with a pout and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting it there.

“Because, Sehun, you live with your friends!” Jae Rin smacked his arms and shook her head.

“So? You can just stay with me in my room” He grinned and squeezed her closer to him, earning a couple of smacks on his chest along with a gasp from Jae Rin.

“You stupid kid!” Jae Rin rolled her eyes and shoved him away to walk ahead.

“Wait! Noona! You still have to tell me where your new place is!” Sehun quickly ran after her and caught her in his arms again. The two joked and laughed as they walk down the semi empty street, following the day as it ends.

---------------------------------------

“KAI!!! KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!” Min Kyung shouted as she ran inside the small apartment.

“My ears! Noona I’m not deaf!” Kai came out of the bedroom, wincing at her voice.

“KAI LOOK! I found a place to renttt!” Min Kyung squealed in happiness as she twirled around.

“Where?” Kai asked and snatched the flyer out of her hands, flopping on the couch. “Wow, that’s a nice house”

“I know right?! It’s sooooooo spacious and in a great area too!” Min Kyung smiled and rests her head on his shoulder.

“I bet the places I found for you were nice” Kai rolled his eyes and slapped the paper on her face.

“YAH! Talk about those places! They were so creepy!” Min Kyung pried the paper off of her face and shot up, pointing an accusing finger at him.

“You lie, they were perfect” Kai stuck his tongue out at her.

“Keep saying that, and you will die tonight” Min Kyung smirked and took a small powdered packet out of her purse.

“You didn’t.” Kai’s eyes widened at the item on Min Kyung’s hand and shot up from the couch.

“I did~” Min Kyung sang and ran inside his bedroom.

“YAH! NOONA!” Kai roared and chased after her, tackling her onto the bed and took the powder out of her hands.

“Aha! Safe at last” Kai smirked in triumphant and glanced back down at Min Kyung, who is now pouting underneath him.

“No fair, your legs are longer than mine” She squirmed and kicked about but he pinned her harder into the bed while leaning his face closer and closer to hers. “Noona~ you know what this position means?”

 “Jongin-ah” Min Kyung smiled sweetly at him

“Hmm?”

“You forgot…” She started and quickly kneed him in the stomach before rolling him over and locked one of his arms behind his head. “I know martial arts”

“OWOWOWOWOWWWWW LET ME GO” Kai yelped.

“Stupid kid” Min Kyung rolled her eyes and released him before leaving him alone in the bedroom, rubbing his sore arm.

“I will get you one day! You wait Noona!” Kai murmured under his breath with a smirk.

=====================================

Thanks for reading!