Most Pathetic Day in Kris' Life.

What Is Love?

 

--------------------------------------

Jae Rin mindlessly walked along the small street with her eyes glued on the newspaper that she got from the mini mart.

“Too expensive. Too creepy. Gang area. Too far from work. Too—” Without noticing, Jae Rin slammed into what she thought was a pole, but turns out to be a guy (with a pole behind him) who was busy hanging up some flyers.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I didn’t watch where I was going!” She bowed deeply and mentally cursed herself for reading while walking.

“It’s fine” The guy chuckled and reached down to grab her fallen newspaper. “This is yours?”

“Yes, thank you” She took the newspaper from him and nervously stole a glance at his face. There, she noticed that he has the most beautiful cheekbones in existence.

Wah. Is this area pretty boy town?

Chen curiously tilted his head to the side as the girl clutched onto her newspaper and stared at him. However, a running figure brought Chen’s attention away from the girl.

“Luhan..Gege?” Chen took a step forward and squinted his eyes to take a better look at the person approaching them. Sure enough, once the figure got closer, Chen saw that it was Luhan waving at him, or so he thought.

“Gege! What took you so—” Before Chen could finish his sentence, Luhan walked right past him and tapped the girl’s shoulder.

“Excuse me Miss, I think this is yours” Luhan puts on the sweetest smile and handed the girl a passport. His smile was so bright and sweet that it almost made Chen wants to vomit.

Jae Rin gave him a confused look as he spoke to her in Chinese, however, once she saw her passport, her eyes widened.

“Oh my god! My passport! Thank you so much! I didn’t even noticed that I dropped it” She quickly took her passport from Luhan and began to thank him endlessly without even noticing that they were both speaking in Chinese now.

“You’re Chinese?” Luhan asked, earning a W-T-F look from both Chen and the girl.

“How…did you…know?” The girl asked nervously. Is my Korean that bad?

“I sorta looked through your passport when I saw it…BUT it was only because I needed to find out who it belongs too!” Luhan smiled sheepishly. “And…”

“And?” The girl asked

“We’ve been talking in Chinese all these time.” Luhan smirked. Both Chen and the girl then wanted to smack themselves in the face for being stupid.

“Yeah..ahaha I guess I didn’t notice…” The girl let out an awkwardly laugh and began to play with the dirt with the tip of her sneakers.

“Are you here on a vacation?” Luhan gazed at her curiously. From the way she is dressed to the way she talk, she doesn’t stand out as a tourist. In fact, her Korean is almost as fluent as a native speaker.

“I’m here for work and …stuff” She muttered the last part and gazed up at him again, studying his features this time. However, the flyer behind his head caught her eyes instead.

“Wah!” She walked past him and grabbed the flyer from the light pole.

“Wait! I just hung that up” Chen said and the girl turned to him immediately.

“You-you’re renting out your house?” Jae Rin asked.

“Well WE…” Luhan came and put his arms around Chen while making hand gestures between both of them to indicate that they are both living in the house. “…are renting out a room in the house we live in”

“Oh…I see” Jae Rin’s face fell. Since the flyer didn’t specify a preferable gender, she had thought that it would’ve been a choice for her, but seeing as two guys live in this house, she knew that it is not possible.

“Why?! Do you want to rent?!”  Luhan perked up at her as she fell into her own thoughts.

“Yeah, I’m looking for a place to rent” Jae Rin truthfully stated with a sigh.

“Maybe you should rent with us!!” Luhan suggested but Chen immediately nudged him with his elbow while shaking his head fervently.

“Um…hahaha you’re funny” Jae Rin raised a brow at Luhan while laughing nervously. He is pretty, but he’s not a freak right?

“But I’m not joking” Luhan gave her an innocent look and wiped the fake laugh off of her face.

“But...I have no intentions of being house mates with two guys” Jae Rin said with a straight face now.

“Not two, four” Luhan corrected and Chen slapped his palm over his face out of embarrassment.

“Even more reasons for me not to rent” Jae Rin muttered

“Why not? Are you being ist right now?” Luhan crossed his arms and pouted cutely.

“Ge-ge…” Chen shook his head. He really wants to rescue the girl from her misery, as well as drag the embarrassing Luhan home. I swear, he is the reason why none of us have girlfriends! Him and Tao both!

“Do you honestly think that a girl, being house mates with four guys, is a good idea?” Now it was Jae Rin’s turn to cross her arms. As cute as Luhan is, and as grateful she is to him for returning her passport to her, he was getting on her nerves.

“But we’re good guys! You don’t even know us and you assumed we’re bad!” Luhan protested

“Like you said! I don’t know you guys so why should I trust you?” Jae Rin argued

“Because you need a place to live and we need someone to rent!” Luhan shot back, and this time, Jae Rin stayed quiet. He really has a point, but still, renting with 4 guys sounds extremely shady.

“It doesn’t hurt to see the house at least!” Luhan added.

He’s right, it doesn’t hurt. Plus he will give up if I see the house and I said don’t like it.

“Alright” Jae Rin nodded and a smile grew back on Luhan’s face.

“I still think this is a bad idea” Chen muttered and walked ahead, but regardless of what he said, Luhan didn’t care.

----------------------------------------------

“It looks even better in person!” Min Kyung squealed as Kris unlocked the gates to the house.

“Trust me, it gets better” He smirked proudly. After all, this house is his pride.

“I’m excited!” Min Kyung followed him and hopped inside the gates. Though the garden inside the gates is not extravagant, it was still nice and neat.

“It’ll be a little messy, but you should expect it anyways since we’re all guys here” Kris said and unlocked the doors. Due to his warning, Min Kyung was expecting the worst, however, it wasn’t as nearly as bad as she imagined.

“This isn’t even messy, are you kidding me?” Min Kyung gave Kris a strange look and began to inspect the living room.

“Wait here, I’ll go wake my friend up so you don’t walk in on him or something” Kris muttered and ran up the stairs.

“So I don’t walk in on him what?” Min Kyung questioned with a confused face as she failed to catch the last part of his sentence.

As soon as Kris disappeared upstairs, a figure emerged from the kitchen into the living room with his panda boxers. His hair was a mess and his eyes are barely open.

“Ge-ge, are you back?” Tao asked lazily and let out a long yawn.

“What? I’m not—” Min Kyung turned around and her jaws dropped due to shock. It took her one whole minute until she realizes what’s going on and let out an ear-bleeding shriek.

Upstairs, Kris heard the scream and gritted his teeth. “Huang Zi Tao…”

“YAH! WHO ARE YOU?!” Min Kyung shouted and began to throw whatever she can grab at him, which were magazines on the side table, pillows on the couch, and some random stuffed dragon.

“I SHOULD BE ASKING YOU THAT! WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?” Tao shouted back and caught a pillow to cover himself, as well as shielding him from the objects that the girl is chucking at him.

“Stop! STOP!!” Kris ran down and got in between the two just in time as Min Kyung had picked up a nearby vase.

“Ge-ge! Who is this crazy girl?!” Tao asked as he shot a glare at Min Kyung.

“She, is someone who is here to look at the empty room for rent” Kris said with a sigh

“WE’RE RENTING OUT A ROOM?!” Tao asked as his eyes became round due to confusion.

“Yes, I’ll explain it later, go put on a shirt first Tao” Kris said and urged the boy upstairs. Stunned, the boy complied but still gave Min Kyung a wary look.

 I don’t want to live with someone so violent! Why is a girl even renting in a house full of males? I bet she have some hidden intentions towards Kris Ge-ge.

With a frown, Tao stomped upstairs, leaving Kris and Min Kyung to awkwardly stare at the mess in the living room.

“Uh…that was Zi Tao, he’s kinda like a dongsaeng of mine who lives here with me…” Kris stated and began to pick up some of the magazines that Min Kyung has chucked at Tao earlier.

“I see.” Min Kyung nodded. “Does he always wander around the house half- though?”

“Sometimes…since there are only GUYS who live here, so we don’t mind” Kris cleared his throat and placed an emphasis on the word “guys”

“I’m sure what just happened will make sure he remembers not to wander around half- again” Min Kyung shrugged and resume to check out the house again with Kris watching her.

How to make her give up the idea of wanting to rent here…? Kris thought with his arms crossed as he follows her around the house, but before he could come up with anything, the rattling of the doorknob caught his attention.

“Huh, Kris Ge-ge’s shoes are here, I think he’s back already.” Chen voice was heard as the door opens to reveal two familiar figures and one strange girl entering the house.

“Ge-ge!” Luhan ran to Kris with excitement as soon as he spotted Kris by the entrance of the kitchen.

“ ‘Sup Luhan. Did you two hang up a lot of flyers?” Kris asked. “And who’s that?”

“Ge-ge! She’s the one that will rent the room!” Luhan whispered with a bright smile.

“WHAT?” Kris almost choked on his oxygen as soon as he heard what Luhan said.

“What?” Min Kyung appeared out of nowhere and repeated after Kris, raising a brow at Luhan at the same time.

“What?” Luhan blinked.

“What?!” Now it was Tao’s turn to join in as he descends from the stairs

“Oh god, they are like parrots” Jae Rin shook her head while Chen nodded in agreement.

“Who’s this?” Luhan jabbed his finger towards Min Kyung while turning to Kris for an explanation.

“That’s my question. Who’re you?” Min Kyung twitched lightly as Luhan’s finger almost poke her in the face.

“And who’s that?” This time, it was Tao’s turn to ask as he eyed Jae Rin up and down. Why are my ge-ges bringing so many girls home today?!

“I think I should leave” Jae Rin sighed and turned to the door. Yet, once she started walking towards it, Luhan darted to her and grabbed her by the hood of her jacket.

“No! You still need to check out the room!” He protested and dragged her back, towards where Kris and everyone else were standing at, not caring if the girl was turning blue from choking.

“Ge-ge! You’re choking her!” Chen quickly stepped in and rescued Jae Rin from her misery. She coughed several times before giving Chen a grateful nod. Then, she took a couple steps back from Luhan and massages .

“Wait, check out the room? Don’t tell me you brought her back to rent the room…” Kris gave Luhan a strange look while Tao’s jaws dropped once again. Min Kyung, on the other hand, began to calculate some stuff in her brain.

“Yes, why else would she be here?” Luhan blinked innocently.

Oh my god…Kris slapped his hand over his face and groaned inwardly. Today has got to be the most pathetic day of my life.

===============================================

Thanks for reading!