~ Chapter 2 ~

I'm in LOVE with an ANNOYING guy ?!!!

YOUR POV

I inhaled a deep breath. "Can you guys help me to find an apartment?" I said while looking at the curios faces in front of me. There was an awkward silence between us for a few seconds before Nana spoke. "But why are you searching for an apartment? You have a huge mansion as your house, you even have maids to help you and you are filthy rich!" she said while the others just nodded.         

 

"I'll tell you guys later. Right now we have to search for an apartment. Hana, can I borrow your laptop?" I asked while looking at Hana. "Sure. I'll go get it," she said before leaving the room. I saw Nana raised her eyebrow but I just ignored it. I'll tell them later.          

 

Before long, Hana came back with her new Apple laptop and put it on the table in front of us. We gathered around the laptop and looked at a few sites before we found the perfect apartment for me.            

 

It was great. It had a lift, swimming pool and it's very near to the Mall. It might look like a condominium, but it didn't have all the facilities a condominium would have and the price for a room was way cheaper. Plus, the apartment was fully furnished. We confirmed the purchase online and waited for the agent to call us. He said he will come to Minki and Hana's house around 5.00 p.m. to take the money and introduce me to my new apartment.            

 

Well, I can't move until tomorrow so I guess I'll have to spend the night here. I took a glance at my watch. It's just 9 a.m. so until then, I still have time to rest and hangout with my 3 best friends.            

 

"Khai.. Khai.. Kwon Khai!" I heard Minki shouting as I snapped out of my daydream. "Yes," I replied her. "We were just choosing which movie that we are going to watch," I figured that they must have started a fight because well, it always happens.            

 

After deciding on a movie, we settled down on the living room couch. A house maid brought us some popcorn and drinks. At last, I can live in peace without my parents' orders.

Later at 5.00 p.m.

NANA'S POV

Ding dong...! Ding dong..! That must have been the door bell. "Should I get it?" one of the maids asked us. "No, we've got it," I replied while the rest just nodded their head.            

 

We made way to the door and greeted the agent. We handed him the money and he drove us to the apartment. On the way out, I saw Khai's driver talking on the phone. He was leaning against a big tree on the side of Hana and Minki's road. Strange, what was he doing? Nahh.... Why should I care?            

 

We reached the apartment in 15 minutes. Her room was number 1500 on the third floor. The room was amazing. It was spacious and fully furnished. But I still wonder why she wanted to leave her mansion. 

 

We looked around the apartment for almost an hour. The agent drove us back to Hana and Minki's house becase he had other clients today. We thanked him and he drove off. Khai's driver was still there. Really weird. I guess we could hear Khai's story now.

 

"Khai unnie, what did you want to tell us earlier?" Minki was already sitting on the couch. Khai's smile vanished instantly. "I'll tell you when I move in to my apartment" she said before joining Minki on the couch. Well, I could wait until tomorrow. 

 

We spent the rest of the evening watching movies and talking about Khai's new apartment. I didn't notice that it was already 7.00 p.m.. Oh no! I've got to go now or else my parents will kill me. 

 

"Annyeong, I have to go now," I said before leaping from the couch and sprinting towards my favourite motorbike. I received curios glances all around me but I choose to ignore them. 

 

When I reached my motorbike, Khai's driver was not there. Good. I rode my motorbike as fast as I could and reached my house before 7.30 p.m.. Phew... I have sometime to relax before dinner. Just as I walked in the door, I saw my father watching TV. He turned from the television to look at me. And by looking at his face, I know that he is really angry at me. 

 

"Park Nana where have you been all day?" Wait, why would he care? All he cares about is his work. "I said I was going to Hana and Minki's house but you ignored me because you were to busy with your work! Or, maybe it's because you're getting old and your ears aren't working right." I said rolling my eyes at the end. 

 

"Nana, who do you think you are talking to?" my mother asked from the kitchen. Ohhh... She was in there. I thought she was too busy with her work. "My stupid and ignorant parents" I said casually. I saw my father's face. Just like I thought, he was really mad at me. 

 

"Nana, we planned a schedule for you and we promised the teachers that you will come. When the teachers said that you were missing, we were really embarrassed. Now people are going to think that we can't keep our promises just because our useless, ungrateful and pathetic child didn't show up like we promised!" My father started babbling about how I was embarrassing the Park's name. Now he was just in front of me, his face clearly mad.

 

"And you didn't even tell us that you were going out!" My mother chimed in from the kitchen. Tch.. didn't she heard what I said? I'm getting a feeling that they're really getting old now.  

 

"Omma didn't you hear me? Oppss.... no, you're getting really old!" I said. "I did tell you but you old hags were busy doing your work! And next time, don't plan a schedule for me! I'm 18 and I could plan my own schedules! Don't you care and love me at all?" I said while looking at my appa. They were shocked at my statement and use of words

 

"Wait, I know! You just want our family name to be clean and I'm so sick of it! I have to be perfect and get perfect grades and be captains in everything and you never get satisfied or even praise me! It makes me feel like I'm a prisoner!"  The house maids were doing their usual work, though. I think they're used to it.

 

My omma came out to me and gave a big slap to my right cheek. She always did that so I am used to it. "You ungrateful brat! We did everything to raise you! Are you even our daughter? " I could see flames coming out from her ears.

 

"Omma, I am your daughter. And I am so used to it now." I said. My father came to me and gave another slap to my left cheek. "No daughter of mine talks like that!" Surprise! Who guessed  that he woud possibly do something soon? Me. Hooray!

 

"You regret raising me, right? I regret that I was even born and was gave stupid parents who only care for their work!" I said while walking up the stairs. I was too tired to fight. 

 

"Park Nana! Don't just leave like that! Didn't we teach you any manners?" My omma was shouting. I stopped walking and faced them. "I am no daughter of yours and I'll do anything I want to," I tried to imitate my dad and kept walking up the stairs after I said it.

 

"Then maybe you should leave," I stopped as my appa said that. "You are a disgrace to the family name and I can't handle any of the fights now," he snapped back at me. I just keep walking to my room and slammed the door. 

 

I pulled out my bag from inside my closet and started to pack. The words they said were echoing through my exhausted mind. "Useless, pathetic and ungrateful child!" "Are you even our daughter?" "Maybe you should leave," Maybe I should. I'll move in with Khai first thing tomorrow.

 

After packing, I took a bath and went down to the kitchen. There was no food and the house maids said that my parents went out because they had work to do. Now they're torturing me by giving no food. I walked up to my room. Good thing that I had an early dinner at Hana and Minki's house. I laid on my bed and tried not to think about the fight that occurred. Soon, I was in a deep sleep.