My Girl

Let's Break Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The inventory was long but quite easy to manage because everything was where it was suppose to be. Eun Hye quickly checked off the last few jams and set them back in the pantry. Seung Gi and his mother had left to the karaoke to supervise the crowd and had asked Eun Hye to close the cafe and go manage the gift shop. As she tidy up the cafe, a light thumping on the window begun. She turned to the window and saw the gloom sprinkling down rain. "No, No. Not today, please." she moaned.

The rain didn't listen to her. Instead it roared and poured even harder. The group of students were still outside but scattered for cover elsewhere. Devastated, she put on the pink raincoat by the door and walked over to the gift shop dragging her feet. "More pink" she sighs. Only seconds in and a girl came running in drenched, followed by a tall boy with a hood on.  

They shook off the water like sprinklers. "Ya! Ya! Don't do that in here!" she screamed at them.

The boy pulled off his hood. "Omo."  He was not any ordinary boy, he looked like a model straight off the runway. Eun hye caught herself mesmerized for a second. She had never believed in love at first sight but perhaps there is a first for everything or not.

"Oppa," the girl said to him, "today on the news they said it was going to pour! And look, it did! How do they know this stuff? It's like magic!"

In Eun Hye's mind she thought, "What an airhead." but only a "Can I help you 2 with something?" came out sluggishly.

He waves her over to the glass counter pointing, "Ahjumma, I'm looking for a gift for my girl. This is what I want".

"Ahjumma! Excuuusseee me?" feeling completely offended.

"Ahjumma-ssi in pink?" The young man said in a sweeter tone.

"Oh HELL NO! Do I look like an old lady to you?" She heightened her voice.

"Ahjumma, can you please give me that gold necklace right there with the heart locket?"" ignoring her reaction.

"Oppa!" the girl squirmed. "Really! It's perfect! You're the best oppa! Saranghae!"

Eun Hye shooed them out of the way but truth be told, she wanted to shoo them out the door. "Patience...patience. This is work only. Hold your temper, take a big breathe." she thought to herself with eyes closed.

She hurriedly open the case and snuck her hands in and grabbed the locket out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter