Meeting AJ

Unseen By You

The next day at school seemed to go by too quickly. Kiseop knew what it meant. The day after was his date with Eli. Hoon came up to him after school when Kiseop was at his locker.

 

“My parents are going to be gone for the night so we will have the house to ourselves all night,” he told Kiseop smiling a little.

 

“Why do you look so happy about this?” Kiseop frowned, “I can't believe I'm going to be stuck hanging out with Eli for an entire day.”

 

Hoon rolled his eyes, “well he can't be that bad if you kissed him in the gym and agreed to this in the first place. Unless he's a really bad kisser.”

 

“Oh yeah he is,” Kiseop lied, “horrible.”

 

Hoon grabbed his arm when he closed his locker, “come on let's go.”

 

“Alright alright.”

 

Hoon dragged Kiseop off to his house. He could tell Hoon was overly excited about the situation whereas Kiseop was not. He and Hoon stayed up late that night eating pizza, watching some movies and talking about the next day. By that point Kiseop was only half-listening. Finally when it was time to sleep Kiseop found himself staring up at the ceiling in the darkness. He didn't know what to expect. He was a little scared to meeting Eli outside of school and his friend AJ who he has never met. With the luck he'd been having lately, somehow Kevin would show up and ruin everything. It always happened. He never even knew why Kevin hated him so much. He finally felt himself drifting off to sleep. It felt like he just blinked and Hoon was dragging him out of bed.

 

“What time is it?”he asked feeling groggy still.

 

“It's nine,” Hoon replied.

 

“Nine?” Kiseop blinked, “are you kidding me?”

 

“I know what you're like in the morning so that's why I woke us up early.”

 

Kiseop sighed and sat down at the table as Hoon grabbed a form of breakfast. He felt insanely tired. He didn't even know how long he'd been asleep.

 

“Did you get any sleep at all? You look like a zombie!” Hoon said.

 

Kiseop shrugged, “I got a bit. I don't know how much.”

 

“You must really like Eli if you lost sleep over this.”

 

“Do not. It's a one time thing so he'll leave me alone. That's all it is.”

 

“So you keep telling me.”

 

Kiseop quickly ate breakfast and headed upstairs to get ready before Hoon started complaining about him being too slow and taking too long. When he heard Hoon call for him, he looked over at the clock on the night stand and saw that it was just about time to leave. He quickly finished getting ready and headed downstairs to the front hall where Hoon was. Then the two left the house and headed off to the park where they saw Eli waiting.

 

“So AJ didn't show?” Kiseop raised an eyebrow when they reached him.

 

Eli shook his head, “he'll be here. Don't you worry about that. You look like quite the zombie though this morning.”

 

Kiseop rolled his eyes, “and you still look like a jerk.”

 

Eli pretended to act hurt, “that's a bit harsh don't you think?”

 

“Not at all. You did hit me in the face with a volleyball.”

 

Eli looked up towards the parking lot as he saw a car pull up, “AJ's here. Let's go.”

 

Hoon's jaw dropped, “that's his car? That's awesome.”

 

Eli shook his head, “it's his car but he doesn't drive it. He's in the back. You'll see what I mean.”

 

“So either he doesn't drive or he's a stuck up rich kid,” Kiseop put in, “what a nice mixture we have here today.”

 

“Seems like Hoon is the only one that's wants to be here today. Funny though, you weren't acting like that in the gym the other night when you graciously accepted my offer.”

 

Kiseop smacked his arm, “don't bring that up. Not here, and if you think it's going to happen again you are dead wrong.”

 

“Which part? You agreeing to go out with me or you kissing me?”

 

Kiseop rolled his eyes, “you can be really annoying.”

 

“And you can be colder than ice.”

 

The car door opened and another boy got out to greet them.

 

“AJ!” Eli waved.

 

“Eli what's up? It's been a while,” AJ high-fived him, “I was surprised you called actually.”

 

“Yeah I've been busy lately. Kevin's got me on a short leash.”

 

“But yet you didn't bring Kevin so it can't be that short.”

 

“Yeah that's true. Anyways, this ice queen over here is Kiseop and that's Hoon.”

 

Kiseop shot Eli a glare. Ice queen? Seriously? This guy.

 

“So shall we get going?” AJ piped up.

 

Eli nodded, “yeah let's go before the day's gone.

 

Kiseop slowly followed Hoon and the others into the car and shut the door. He had no idea what to expect from this day now. He just hoped that it wouldn't turn into a really bad one.